NBC Celebrates Bills Mafia

Call me the grinch but I’m kind of tired of being celebrated. Now I know what it’s like to be famous. We are amazing at being fans. Everyone around the league looks up to us. Reporters try to capture our essence as if we were zoo animals. You are either one of us or you watch an 8 minute clip and wish that you were one of us.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Call me the grinch but I’m kind of tired of being celebrated. Now I know what it’s like to be famous. We are amazing at being fans. Everyone around the league looks up to us. Reporters try to capture our essence as if we were zoo animals. You are either one of us or you watch an 8 minute clip and wish that you were one of us.

Well said Kirby.  I watched this yesterday and thought it was very shallow.  But you said it perfectly.  None of these videos can really capture the "soul" of Bills fandom.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Now, now don't be too salty about the exposure. I think it's cool for folks to see the level bills fans go for their team. Plus, the 90's run has produced a lot of good fans. It's sort of like when the bbmb went away there were all kinds of posters that came here. At least they didn't include any flaming table jumps.

I also really enjoyed the slight smile frank gore made while describing the fans. Kind of like "damn, they're crazy".

27 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I understand what you are saying. Glad Del got a great spot, such a good guy. we need to keep adding to the ranks. Hopefully the Bills go on another nice run for the next several years, that’s what ultimately helps attract new fans. 

• Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I love it.  I was out just the other day and found this interesting: I think some people differentiate between "Bills Fans," and "Bills Mafia."  Or perhaps it was just this one dude.  

He looked at my hat and said, "Bills, huh?"  I said, "yep.  Love 'em."  Then he asked, "Bills Mafia?"  I said, "yep."

I'm digging the attention Bills fans are getting.  It's nice that it's not just table slamming and butt-crack drinking anymore.

15 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Well said Kirby.  I watched this yesterday and thought it was very shallow.  But you said it perfectly.  None of these videos can really capture the "soul" of Bills fandom.

I agree it came off lame NBC could've actually tried and made that clip epic they had so much to work with and they dropped the ball 

I love it.  I'm in NC and wore my Bills ugly Christmas sweater to a work event at Drive Shack (a Top Golf wannabe) on Friday and a random dude walked up to me, fist-bumped, and said "Bills Mafia, baby!"

We're back.

• Like (+1) 3

An awesome piece that actually pretty accurately describes the feeling of the community towards the team and what it means to us.  People outside of this area just don't get it with few exceptions. Maybe Green Bay, Cleveland and Pittsburgh but that is about it.

This team is part of the fabric and family of this community and that is why we feel such a close bond to the team and the players.

Edited by matter2003

31 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

For a piece like this, I thought it was pretty good.  It was all positive and sometimes weird, didn't include some of the dangerous or nasty shenanigans (which I think is appropriate, don't encourage them with publicity)

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Now, now don't be too salty about the exposure. I think it's cool for folks to see the level bills fans go for their team. Plus, the 90's run has produced a lot of good fans. It's sort of like when the bbmb went away there were all kinds of posters that came here. At least they didn't include any flaming table jumps.

I also really enjoyed the slight smile frank gore made while describing the fans. Kind of like "damn, they're crazy".

....guess I don't see the harm....Raiders Nation....or Black Hole...or Cleveland's Dawg Pound.....Seattle's vaunted "12th Man".....Jags "Hefty Bagged Seats".......all in fan fun...

"If you are a Bills fan after the last 20 years you're a real fan", so true, no bandwagon jumpers here... for now anyway. All the out-of-town guys like me deserve extra credit for sticking with you all these years ha ha. I'm from Montreal. It was something to behold the guy coming in from England!

And if you didn't get chills with Josh telling us "we've got this", check your pulse or change teams :) 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

"If you are a Bills fan after the last 20 years you're a real fan", so true, no bandwagon jumpers here... for now anyway. All the out-of-town guys like me deserve extra credit for sticking with you all these years ha ha. I'm from Montreal. It was something to behold the guy coming in from England!

And if you didn't get chills with Josh telling us "we've got this", check your pulse or change teams :) 

It came off as if Allen was calling his shot tonight vs the Steelers did it not ?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

It came off as if Allen was calling his shot tonight vs the Steelers did it not ?

I didn't get it this way... but you might be just right. And I sure hope you are :)  
I was actually more ambitious, I thought he meant the Superbowl! Not necessarily as in this year, but as in we'll get it done. He was mentioning the 90s glory years just prior.

• Like (+1) 2