Antonio Brown: Apology Tour - Preparing for return?

19 minutes ago, Needle said:

Am I the only one who sees AB as more scumbag than mentally ill? The whole CTE excuse is a nice and convenient explanation for a guy that can turn his behavior on and off whenever he pleases. 

This video is a reflection of a garbage culture that is growing in our society. You can go on YouTube and find 1,000s of videos of people acting this way or worse in public. He is low on IQ and high on ghetto. 

This isn't normal behavior and is consistent with erratic behavior that has been linked to CTE.  

It's not an excuse.  We're all fully aware of how deplorable his antics are.

7 minutes ago, Needle said:

Am I the only one who sees AB as more scumbag than mentally ill? The whole CTE excuse is a nice and convenient explanation for a guy that can turn his behavior on and off whenever he pleases. 

This video is a reflection of a garbage culture that is growing in our society. You can go on YouTube and find 1,000s of videos of people acting this way or worse in public. He is low on IQ and high on ghetto. 

I tend to agree with you on this point.  He has demonstrated selfish behavior well before the big hit by Burfict.  The Facebook Live stream in the locker room, arriving to camp by helicopter, the disputes with Ben, etc.  His return to college, his rap albums, all point to a guy looking to get attention now that he has been called out on his (alleged) abusive behavior with the trainer.

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

This isn't normal behavior and is consistent with erratic behavior that has been linked to CTE.  

Also his former teammates in Pitt have come out and said when he came into the league and was a young player, even after he was a star young player, he was an entirely different person. 

Personality changes are something that can come with money, but it also come with CTE... and I agree with you Boo, I think it's CTE, but it's a combination.

He experienced extreme success at a position that is known for creating Divas... but even the Randy Mosses, TOs, and OBJs of the world weren't as bat ***** crazy as this guy.  Selfish, self-centered, arrogant... YUP!   But he is flat out CRAZY.  And like I said, guys who played with him earlier in his career before he took some of those devastating hits have said he was not like this before.  He was always arrogant, but the crazy came outa no where.

Dude has brain damage and doesn't think like a normal human being anymore.  

It's not an excuse, I hope he never plays again, but there is more to it than just him being a bag of *****... he's a crazy bag of *****... 

6 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I don't see it as consistent with CTE as you do. I was in the Marine Corps. for a 8 years and have had exposure to numerous friends with PTSD and CTE. I am not putting myself out there as an expert because I am not but I do have some real life experience. I also know that numerous athletes have felt the effects of CTE from football, boxing, MMA, etc. but you have few examples of this type of calculated attention seeking nonsense. This guy is just your basic scum in my opinion.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Well, it's conceivable he's just an a-hole, too.

That's within the realm of possibility, yes?

This, exactly.  I initially thought that AB had buyer's remorse after having landed in OAK -- dollars be damned -- and also after the Pats almost certainly interfered with him when he was in OAK and was looking for an out. 

But the fact that he crapped the bed with the Pats as well is a testament to what happens when an organization ties itself to talent alone -- and doesn't take into consideration the aspects of character and/or of professionalism.  AB is deeply flawed, and who knows the reason for this.  Maybe he has CTE (I hope not for his sake) or maybe he's just an insufferable human being.  Who knows?  I suppose that what shakes out in 2020 will be our guide.

32 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Well, it's conceivable he's just an a-hole, too.

That's within the realm of possibility, yes?

An a-hole suffering from CTE, yes.  

I don't know when it'll be proven because he has to be deceased in order to be sure, but I have little doubt.

This guy is getting worse and worse.  I hope this doesn't end like Justin Strzelczyk.

1 hour ago, MR8 said:

Also his former teammates in Pitt have come out and said when he came into the league and was a young player, even after he was a star young player, he was an entirely different person. 

Personality changes are something that can come with money, but it also come with CTE... and I agree with you Boo, I think it's CTE, but it's a combination.

He experienced extreme success at a position that is known for creating Divas... but even the Randy Mosses, TOs, and OBJs of the world weren't as bat ***** crazy as this guy.  Selfish, self-centered, arrogant... YUP!   But he is flat out CRAZY.  And like I said, guys who played with him earlier in his career before he took some of those devastating hits have said he was not like this before.  He was always arrogant, but the crazy came outa no where.

Dude has brain damage and doesn't think like a normal human being anymore.  

It's not an excuse, I hope he never plays again, but there is more to it than just him being a bag of *****... he's a crazy bag of *****... 

or could be a mental health issue that emerges in young adults and folks wrote it off as being a diva/star and it was really something like bi polar

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

We're watching someone suffering from CTE self destruct.  There's no other explanation.

People typically attribute unstable behavior to the easiest explanation.  For football players, labeling everything CTE or just being a jerk is easy.

I don't know what's wrong with the dude, but sometimes mental illness manifests in a person's 20s/early 30s.

You can't rule mental illness out any more than declaring it CTE or jerk-behavior. 

EDIT: Check out WR Brandon Marshall's story of how he was finally diagnosed with borderline personality disorder (BPD) at age 27.   

Edited by BillsVet
  • Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

"if the price was right"

Ah yes, the non-deal deal.  No new/guaranteed money, knowing he'd never take that deal because it would make it easy to cut him if he pulled any of the ***** he did with the Raiders or Cheaters.

20 minutes ago, Doc said:

Ah yes, the non-deal deal.  No new/guaranteed money, knowing he'd never take that deal because it would make it easy to cut him if he pulled any of the ***** he did with the Raiders or Cheaters.

there ya go

5 hours ago, colin said:

so -- does AB have a drug problem anyone knows about?  richie has/had mental issues and drug problems, if AB doesn't do drugs it's honestly impressive that he can be that crazy and have been that successful.

I'm convinced he's on coke, or perhaps even the freebased version. He's so hoarse all of the time  - he talks like he's been screaming his lungs out. Or smoking stimulants.