Buffalo Bills & Drops

Billsfan1972

11 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

Haha, what an odd statement, "you'll find someone to take that bet"....just not you (the guy flapping his jaw the most here, telling everyone how ridiculous it all is)!

I don't make bets.

I've done nothing but state facts.

You know who else threw the ball hard? Brett Favre used to break his WR’s fingers. His career turned out OK.  (I’m not his biggest fan, but not because of the heat on the ball).  That Elway guy had a bit of zip on the ball too.

We still need another WR, plus Knox and Singletary need to slow down between the ears and watch the ball into their hands. I think all that will happen. 

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

The facts are that lots of Allen's passes are being dropped.  And he is known to throw the ball particularly hard.

I can see you're looking for a "fight," murderous dancing queen.  I'm not your guy.  Enjoy your evening and GO BILLS!!!!

• Haha (+1) 3

On 12/14/2019 at 8:04 AM, TroutDog said:

As a reminder, Robert Woods was perpetually flamed here: look at him now. Patience is required at this level for almost everyone. 

thanks for the reminder cuz I don't remember that.  I remember him catching pretty much everything. He had the occasional drop but caught most.

I especially remember this catch in his 4th game as a Bill vs the SB defending champs on a 42 yard bomb from EJ. (Nice pass)

I was at this game. It was a sweet win.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Augie said:

You know who else threw the ball hard? Brett Favre used to break his WR’s fingers. His career turned out OK.  (I’m not his biggest fan, but not because of the heat on the ball).  That Elway guy had a bit of zip on the ball too.

We still need another WR, plus Knox and Singletary need to slow down between the ears and watch the ball into their hands. I think all that will happen. 

Great, breaking WR's fingers! Actually, I think Favre  was talented enough to win more Super Bowls...maybe if he threw with better touch (I EXPECT Allen to win some Super Bowls, even without better touch. But it is an area that he can IMPROVE).

And just because a guy CAN throw it hard, doesn't mean they couldn't make touch passes as well.

3 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

none of the drops was due to the ball being delivered too hot

Maybe in a fresh/soph game in HS not in the NFL

I never said EVERY drop was because the ball was thrown too hard.

Edited by 32ABBA

Just now, suorangefan4 said:

I don't know how anyone can watch that replay and call that a drop by Cole. That's a nearly impossible catch to make.

The man gets paid millions to climb the ladder and make that catch. It hit both hands - thats a damn drop.

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, 32ABBA said:

Great, breaking WR's fingers! Actually, I think Favre was talented enough to win more Super Bowls. And just because a guy CAN throw it hard, doesn't mean they couldn't make touch passes as well.

Josh dropped a ball in to Knox on the left side of the field that was one one the prettiest balls I have ever seen thrown in the NFL. Favre could have won MORE SB’s? Your point is just to complain, it seems. I have no time for whiners. Legit talks? Sure. You don’t appear to be that. 

2 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

I never said EVERY drop was because the ball was thrown too hard.

you just like posting in a negative light?  because that is exactly what it was

That comment was obviously to the drops tonight or you never bring it up if has somehow been the reason all year

Guess knox and beasley dropping those passes last week where too hot as well

1 minute ago, ILBillsfan said:

you just like posting in a negative light?  because that is exactly what it was

That comment was obviously to the drops tonight or you never bring it up if has somehow been the reason all year

Guess knox and beasley dropping those passes last week where too hot as well

Sigh...I don't know. I DO know that it can be more difficult to catch a ball that is coming hard and fast, whether you are professional or not, and regardless of how much money you make.

You are doomed when you have Smurfs as Receivers- especially in the wintry conditions in Buffalo!

I had this argument all day at the bar before this game.

Excellent NFL teams have, at least, one 6-4 WR or TE!

For some reason, OBD continues to ignore this fact... one I’ve been harping about this entire Millennium!