Buffalo Bills & Drops

Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, Michael1962 said:

Maybe someone brought this up already but the related thing that amazes me is when I watch pretty much any other team and their receivers not only catch the balls thrown to them but also catch some that most would label "circus catches" or catches where everyone is amazed that the receiver could catch it.  Meanwhile our receivers struggle with basics.  If I saw one of our receivers make a spectacular catch I would pinch myself/make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

Well Knox did have that nice 1 handed catch, but yet he dropped the easy one. So I guess it cancels out lol

This has turned into another debate in which both stances have merit. A) Allen is not the most accurate QB out there and he needs to improve his ball placement and B) The receiving unit as a whole is mediocre, inexperienced, and lacking that big time weapon.

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

Where do you get this?

To act like how fast the ball is coming doesn't affect how difficult it can be to catch, is just nonsense. Like because they are in the NFL, the laws of physics don't apply.

"They're professionals, if they shoot the ball out of a cannon, and they cannot catch it, they should lose their job."

I am all onboard with Josh Allen, but I think the lack of touch on his passes is one of his biggest problems.

The ball isn't being shot out of a cannon; it's being thrown by a human being.  Said ball is also hitting professional pass catchers in the hands and/or chest.  It's inexcusable for them to drop those passes.  Period.

This is not about physics.  It's about people who are paid an ass ton of money to catch passes being thrown by another person.

Stop with the BS excuses.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

This has turned into another debate in which both stances have merit. A) Allen is not the most accurate QB out there and he needs to improve his ball placement and B) The receiving unit as a whole is mediocre, inexperienced, and lacking that big time weapon.

I will say the majority of the blame (75%) is on our wrs/te. But I would be remiss if I didn't mention that Josh has to on some throws reduce velocity and increase touch. The only problem he has on longer throws (30+) is flat trajectory.  And that's something he'll have to fix on his own. In the meantime boys, catch the damn ball. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Travis Kelce does this-

Kelce-catch-GIF.gif?resize=480,314

Dawson Knox does this- 

Tyreek Hill does this-

AcidicEnchantingBarnacle-size_restricted

Cole Beasley does this-

Bonus of Singletary doing this-

and this

What's not clear here?  Clearly Josh can't hit the broad side of a...or um duh.  Giddy Up Horse Face.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

The ball isn't being shot out of a cannon; it's being thrown by a human being.  Said ball is also hitting professional pass catchers in the hands and/or chest.  It's inexcusable for them to drop those passes.  Period.

This is not about physics.  It's about people who are paid an ass ton of money to catch passes being thrown by another person.

This 100 times over. 

Let's blame Allen and Daboll as our players can't execute. It's really that simple!

If players can't catch Allen's "cannons or lazers" then find players that will when the ball hits them in both hands. 

All I can think of is the Crowder inexcusable drop TD last game wide open against  the Ravens = Bills.

Then followed by the insane Crowder TD = Not Bills

Wide open Drop - Bills

ELockYWUUAEfpC8.jpg

Insane catch - Not Bills

Our players never make these contested catches. We need to get better fast as it's a bigger problem than most think. Just bash Daboll and Allen due to execution issues.  It's a cool story..........

ELockYZVUAAKulL.jpg

Pew, Pew

giphy.gif

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Poppycock.

I guess the Bills should just get rid of all the receivers again, and start over, because it's 2 years in a row, and I'm betting it will continue regardless of the Receiving Corp.

Since it is illegal to capture a player's attention by smacking him with a 2" x 4", do the next best thing.

Bench Knox.  Maybe he'll wake up and after 13 games, get it through his skull that catching the ball is his job.

Patience, my glutes.

21 hours ago, TroutDog said:

For Singletary and Knox, I attribute it to their college careers: nether were pass catchers. In addition, it does take time for most receivers to get used to the NFL level. 

As a reminder, Robert Woods was perpetually flamed here: look at him now. Patience is required at this level for almost everyone. 

and the level of concentration required at the NFL level.   They will learn and thrive

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

Poppycock.

I guess the Bills should just get rid of all the receivers again, and start over, because it's 2 years in a row, and I'm betting it will continue regardless of the Receiving Corp.

All of them?  No.  And I'm sure you'll find someone to take that bet.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Recievers drop balls occasionally. This happens around the league, but Bills recievers outside of Brown and Beasley suck.... still, If Josh could actually hit some deep passes that Ravens game is probably a different outcome.

Expecting Singletary to catch that last deep ball is ridiculous. He's a 5' 7" RB diving for an overthrown ball. 

Is it okay to expect Singeltary, Beasley, and Knox to catch the ones that hit them in the hands?  Regarding the deep ball thing, no argument from me.  That first deep ball to JB should have been 6.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Recievers drop balls occasionally. This happens around the league, but Bills recievers outside of Brown and Beasley suck.... still, If Josh could actually hit some deep passes that Ravens game is probably a different outcome.

Expecting Singletary to catch that last deep ball is ridiculous. He's a 5' 7" RB diving for an overthrown ball. 

This isn't about Allen's deep ball inaccuracy; it's about drops.  I don't think anyone is saying Josh Allen is perfect.

There was at least one drop that would have kept a drive alive and two imminent TD drops (on one of those drives, we still scored) in the Ravens game.  I agree that the there were guys open on a couple of the deep balls; but that's not the topic of this thread.

Drops changed outcome of the game every bit as much - if not more - than the missed deep balls.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If you haven't yet, check out the "Is Josh Allen a Good QB" thread.  It has one of the best video breakdowns of Allen, focusing on the Baltimore game, that I've ever seen.  Well worth spending 20 minutes watching it.

It will leave you very optimistic for the Bill's future.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

When I played PeeWee football the rule was if you got your hands it, you catch it.  Why should that be different for pros?

Well apparently a QBs arm strength gets better from PeeWee to the pros but receivers hands and concentration don't.

23 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

When I played PeeWee football the rule was if you got your hands it, you catch it.  Why should that be different for pros?

Agreed, but drops are ruled otherwise.  I.e. Only the Knox & Singletary passes were deemed drops, not the Beasley long ball or any others.

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

If you haven't yet, check out the "Is Josh Allen a Good QB" thread.  It has one of the best video breakdowns of Allen, focusing on the Baltimore game, that I've ever seen.  Well worth spending 20 minutes watching it.

It will leave you very optimistic for the Bill's future.

Absolutely it is the best and most intelligent break down I have seen.

• Awesome! (+1) 1