Steelers strengths and weaknesses

Codyny13

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

This is a game we should be running 2 TE sets and running the ball like our playoffs depended on it........

Quick passes.......and run t he friggen ball...DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER

Agreed.  2 or even 3 TE looks where we get Knox the ball.  Hunter Henry ate this team up.  So did Kittle and the Ravens TEs.  

I'd play it safe let the D win the game.  They just haven't allowed much in terms of points this season.  I'm not sure they've even allowed more than 28 in a game.  

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Agreed.  2 or even 3 TE looks where we get Knox the ball.  Hunter Henry ate this team up.  So did Kittle and the Ravens TEs.  

I'd play it safe let the D win the game.  They just haven't allowed much in terms of points this season.  I'm not sure they've even allowed more than 28 in a game.  

You might want to double check that. Henry had a great game but Kittle and Andrews were kept in total check by Pittsburgh’s defense.

This game will not be easy. Pittsburgh has hung tough with the league’s elite when they’ve played.  Lost by two to Seattle, 4 to SF, and lost to the Ravens in OT.

Edited by eanyills

10 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Listening to Joe Buscaglia, it made it sound like the Bills have zero chance at moving the football.  He thinks Pittsburgh’s defense is the best that the Bills will face.  Much better than NE and BAL.  

Given the pressure on the edges,  the strong blitz packages, and the zone scheme with players like Fitzpatrick as ballhawks, that Pittsburgh will pressure Josh Allen into turnovers and end up winning a close game.  

On offense he didn’t see Pittsburgh as much of a thread but thinks that Hodges won’t lose the game and that the offense will move through a returning James Conner.

Joe is something like 11-2 on the season, so this prediction has me kind of worried

Perhaps you should play FEARLESS instead of listening to Joe B

You say the hill's too steep to climb, chiding
You say you'd like to see me try, climbing
You pick the place and I'll choose the time
And I'll climb the hill in my own way
Just wait a while for the right day
And as I rise above the tree-line and the clouds
I look down hear the sounds of the things you said today

10 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Listening to Joe Buscaglia, it made it sound like the Bills have zero chance at moving the football.  He thinks Pittsburgh’s defense is the best that the Bills will face.  Much better than NE and BAL.  

Given the pressure on the edges,  the strong blitz packages, and the zone scheme with players like Fitzpatrick as ballhawks, that Pittsburgh will pressure Josh Allen into turnovers and end up winning a close game.  

On offense he didn’t see Pittsburgh as much of a thread but thinks that Hodges won’t lose the game and that the offense will move through a returning James Conner.

Joe is something like 11-2 on the season, so this prediction has me kind of worried

it is the best the bills have faced.  Daboll needs quick passes, not long fade routes.   JA needs to throw with more accuracy and not fumble.  Thats the game there. .  

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

slowly and steady move the ball down the field.  I like the Knox pass idea, use it with run game and short routes to beasley and brown.  

A few thoughts and keys to winning:

• Make their O score points--I do not see them being able to score more than 17 at best.
  • Conversely, no turnovers that lead to points (see the first point)
  • Score 20 points--any way, any how
  • Ball control, get the running game and short passing game going to keep their D honest
  • Force the Duck to have to play from behind and prove he can throw the ball ... that is still a question, can he throw when he absolutely has to?
  • Or, another way to say the last point, take their run game away from them.
  • Get a score on Defense (when was the last time that happened?) or Special Teams
  • And just to cause an eruption in WNY, just for the fun of it (not necessarily needed to win, but sure would help), complete a deep pass for a TD! Oh what Christmas Joy that would bring.
Edited by CSBill
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Rewatching the all 22 they sent 6 or 7 so many times and our WRs were running 30 yard sideline fades or post patterns ? 

I hate when pro receivers do this.  i swear high school teams are better at sight adjustment than many NFL teams.  We did it horribly vs the Ravens.

Receivers are taught to run into the empty spot vacated by a blitzing player instead of running their pre-assigned pattern. The QB sees the free rusher or blitzing LB/CB and knows that the receiver will sight adjust accordingly and run a route that takes him into the hole left by the defender.  But the WR needs to make a quick post-snap glance to the Dline to be aware, and I dont usually see our guys do that.

This is the first thing I watch when a blitz comes-- where is the hole and why arent our receivers adjusting.  They're supposed to do the same thing when the cb is playing way off them, change the route to take advantage.  John Brown stands out to me as excellent on route adjustments, and I'm sure its done more than I can see, but it sure seems like a shortfall and I'll bet Daboll was all over them about it this week.

The other thing we messed up w Ravens was the Oline wasn't presnap adjusting enough to allow Josh to see the free rusher.  The idea is someone is coming unblocked, and he needs know its not a blindside rusher so he can deal with it.  The line usually shifts assignments to prevent this, but we need to get this right.

• Like (+1) 1