Terrell Suggs released

52 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Darryl Johnson hit the wall about a month ago...........so perhaps.

Yea, I’ll be honest, I haven’t watched the depth close or Suggs so I don’t have a strong opinion on quality. But for like 350k, it should be an easy one for the front office to make a decision without too much trouble. 

I can’t imagine either being wildly different Though  

probably a matter of do you keep stability or do you think a guy like Ed O responds to some fiery on field coaching from a guy he grew up watching. 

Edited by NoSaint

39 minutes ago, H2o said:

I said in my previous post I thought he would end up in Baltimore and this is why I thought that. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28298112/sources-terrell-suggs-angling-claimed-ravens-only

He wants to try to get another ring with the team he played for basically his whole career and then he'll retire.

Still do not think it will matter - he can not report - it is actually better that way - you do not have to pay him or cut anyone else.

I do not think he clears waivers and gets to Baltimore.  Too many teams that may have to play them should block this.

Edited by Rochesterfan

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

haha— too bad it doesn’t work that way, T-sizzle. If anything, teams will claim him so Baltimore can’t. 

If I’m the pats, or really any playoff team- 100%

why let the ravens get better down the stretch. If he doesn’t report you don’t have to even cut a guy. 

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Would be a nice pick up for the playoff run but if he won’t report don’t waste the time even putting in the claim 

If he doesn’t report that’s his problem, he doesn’t play and he doesn’t get payed. Just keep him away from Baltimore.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, wppete said:

If he doesn’t report that’s his problem, he doesn’t play and he doesn’t get payed. Just keep him away from Baltimore.

Football is a business and strategy is an important part of the game. If he plays it cost you 350,000 for a couple game rental. If he fails to report it cost you zero. And you don't let a very strong competing team get even stronger if you are also in a playoff run.  Every team making a playoff run should place a claim. There is nothing to loose and a lot to win by not strengthening the Raven's to compete against you.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

haha— too bad it doesn’t work that way, T-sizzle. If anything, teams will claim him so Baltimore can’t. 

This pisses me off when players pull this sort of stunt.  You know that just from a strategy standpoint, New England will put in an offer just to keep him out of Baltimore...if no one else does before that.

One of the best things that Brandon Beane did was refusing to release Anquan Boldin after he tried to fake a retirement because he wanted to play with New England.  

Beane held him to the deal he signed and put the ball in his court.

He should do the same with Suggs, and if he won’t report, make him watch the playoffs on TV with the rest of the world. 

• Like (+1) 1