Terrell Suggs released

13 minutes ago, the skycap said:

He won't get past the Chiefs

Maybe a stupid question, but how are waivers ranked? Is it just by record or is it like the playoffs and division leaders are closer to the top even if they’re .500?

1 hour ago, Clemfield2622 said:

A waiver claim this late in the year is literally as low risk as it gets.

All the dead money has been eaten by the Cardinals. Whomever claims him would only owe him his prorated salary for 3 games. 

No contending team could pass on him. IMO

Does anyone know how much his three games salary is? And does his contract go into next year? 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Does anyone know how much his three games salary is? And does his contract go into next year? 

His base salary was $3 million. He would be owed less than 1/4 of that for the remainder of the season.

As far as next year, he technically would have a contract, but all the guaranteed money would be paid. He could be cut with 0 cap concerns. 

13 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

His base salary was $3 million. He would be owed less than 1/4 of that for the remainder of the season.

As far as next year, he technically would have a contract, but all the guaranteed money would be paid. He could be cut with 0 cap concerns. 

Thanks and good point- I would have gotten there about the future eventually but I prefer to farm out that kind of thinking?

5 hours ago, junior12thman92 said:

Only if he gets past all the the teams ahead of them in the waiver order, which I think is probably unlikely at this point. 

Probably only the playoff bound teams will want to put a waiver.  His cap hit may be high

6 hours ago, Process said:

He's 37 yo. I haven't been following the Cardinals at all... Does he have anything left in the tank?

He has like 37 tackles & 5.5 sacks i'd say he's doing pretty good for a 37 yr old LB but i don't see the Bills picking him up ! 

6 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I read that it was a mutual decision 

Yeah, to add I read that they're simply going with youth since the season is over. It's not because Suggs is done. We could use him.

I think it was probably just the blurb on NFL.com. Says they're "evaluating talent"

Edited by Nelius

8 hours ago, TheBeane said:

Dude was a beast in his prime.  5.5 sacks for that horrible Card def, feel like he might be able to get a few more opposite Hughes and only ask for a few plays per drive.  That prototypical "situational pass rusher"

He was opposite of Chandler Jones who has 14 sacks. Being opposite of Hughes is not really an uptick for him. 

And he'll likely end up in Baltimore. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Who would we cut to make room for the 37 year old for a few games? How would that affect the cap? 

cap barely matters where we are. 

So the question is would he be better than our last DE for a possible run. 

Edited by NoSaint