Terrell Suggs released

15 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I understand the part about getting paid, that makes sense.  But who wants a 37 year old 3-4 OLB whose best days are well behind him?  There is no way he has the same impact as he did even three years ago.  

Agree regarding HOF; former great player.

While he is definitely about done, you gotta think he can turn it up a couple games in the playoffs and force plenty of pressures. It’s not like he’d be out there for more than say 40% of the snaps on D. 

Even at his age I’d be extremely scared if he joined say KC for example and was lining up one on one with either of our tackles in the playoffs. If we’re playing Houston in the wild card I would be more than happy to send Suggs out there on passing downs against some not so elite tackles. 
Whoever gets him is basically just renting him a few games. It’s a cant lose scenario 

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

While he is definitely about done, you gotta think he can turn it up a couple games in the playoffs and force plenty of pressures. It’s not like he’d be out there for more than say 40% of the snaps on D. 

Even at his age I’d be extremely scared if he joined say KC for example and was lining up one on one with either of our tackles in the playoffs. If we’re playing Houston in the wild card I would be more than happy to send Suggs out there on passing downs against some not so elite tackles. 
Whoever gets him is basically just renting him a few games. It’s a cant lose scenario 

I totally agree.  And if we don't get him and someone behind us does (because we don't put in a claim) we will regret it if he's on KC or any other team.  

11 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

This one of the few “inser name here” bills should sign posts that I think would be smart to kick the tires on

A waiver claim this late in the year is literally as low risk as it gets.

All the dead money has been eaten by the Cardinals. Whomever claims him would only owe him his prorated salary for 3 games. 

No contending team could pass on him. IMO

• Like (+1) 5

14 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

A waiver claim this late in the year is literally as low risk as it gets.

All the dead money has been eaten by the Cardinals. Whomever claims him would only owe him his prorated salary for 3 games. 

No contending team could pass on him. IMO

He won't get past the Chiefs

• Like (+1) 1