Terrell Suggs released

Just now, StHustle said:

The question is: Does McBeane think Suggs would provide a justifiable boost in production for it to make sense to take time away from the young guys?

I don’t know why he wouldn’t. Suggs has been all about the team. This is like a gift if they choose to take it. Outside of receiver, it might be our biggest weakness. He’s no world beater anymore but he’s easily an upgrade and I’d sign up for it the rest of the year. 

• Like (+1) 3

Don't really see why a team out of the running would make a claim on him, but quite a few teams ahead of the Bills in the waiver order who could make a claim.

Cowboys, Bears, Titans, Rams, Steelers, Texans, Vikings

Edited by TheBeane

38 minutes ago, The Tomcat said:

They are towards the bottom of the waiver order

Only teams in playoff picture would make a claim.  We're in the middle of the pack on that front.  Its not like the Dolphins will pick him up..... well, maybe the Jets?!?

I rarely get on the “sign him” thing but this makes too much sense to not try. 
Put in the claim, worst case he doesn’t end up on another AFC playoff team above us. 
He would be fine as a rotational rusher and probably would have some extra gas in the tank come playoff time since it’s his last shot at a ring probably 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, AmishRifle said:

We just went through this with the place kicker that we lost on waivers.  

Only difference is there are 4 possible guys that could be replaced verse just the one.

also Suggs will want to play for a playoff contending team, I got to think. He can’t block anyone but he can say he will just retire. 
I’d hate to see this guy play for Pats or Jets and sack Allen. Much rather see him hit Brady and Donaldson. Suggs and Hughes would be some scary dudes to play in the same line. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

He should retire.  Good career and won a SB.  He's ahead of 99.9% of the guys who have ever played in the NFL.

Why retire if you can kept getting paid?

we will never get him but it would be a real nice addition.  HOF member of the All- Ugly team though . 

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why retire if you can kept getting paid?

we will never get him but it would be a real nice addition.  HOF member of the All- Ugly team though . 

I understand the part about getting paid, that makes sense.  But who wants a 37 year old 3-4 OLB whose best days are well behind him?  There is no way he has the same impact as he did even three years ago.  

Agree regarding HOF; former great player.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I understand the part about getting paid, that makes sense.  But who wants a 37 year old 3-4 OLB whose best days are well behind him?  There is no way he has the same impact as he did even three years ago.  

Come on, you know our team loves old players!

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

He has 5.5 sacks this year in 13 games. He still is an effective player. But I do agree that he should retire after this season. He can chase a ring with whatever team he lands on this season but after that I don't see why he would keep playing. The thing with football is that you are much more likely to damage your body playing those few extra years. Whereas less collision based sports like Baseball and Basketball might cause wear and tear on your body playing a few years in your late 30's and 40's just isn't going to have the same negative impact.