Peloton commercial controversy

RochesterRob

Just now, Golden*Wheels said:

Man unless you need somebody yelling at you, or you need the incline stuff, I just don't get the money angle. A halfway-decent spin bike is like 250$. Youtube workout vids are free and there jillions of them.

You're just not part of the "cultural elite" that understands that their life would not be complete without a Peloton bike.:doh:

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/14/2019 at 10:10 AM, plenzmd1 said:

BTW, committed to doing a half marathon in Columbus with my daughter and her crew from Dennison in April..you should think about it!

You're aware that a half-marathon isn't cooking 3 meals in Hammer's lot all day, right?

I may have to join you simply to watch.

8 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

You're aware that a half-marathon isn't cooking 3 meals in Hammer's lot all day, right?

I may have to join you simply to watch.

Wait wha?????

Cmon dude, if ya sign up before 12/31 a little cheaper. We will drink like fishes after he race!!! Columbus is a fun as hell city!

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, row_33 said:

after 3 weeks you can hang your clothes on it

haha my parents had a nordic trac (maybe the precursor to the pretentiousness of Peloton?) when I was a kid and that thing was great...had high parts to hang long clothes, low parts to keep stuff just off the floor....very well designed!!!

I'm kind of addicted to exercising now tho....it really does become kind of habit once you get through the initial slog. Plus...wheels was getting plump-ish.

5 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

haha my parents had a nordic trac (maybe the precursor to the pretentiousness of Peloton?) when I was a kid and that thing was great...had high parts to hang long clothes, low parts to keep stuff just off the floor....very well designed!!!

I'm kind of addicted to exercising now tho....it really does become kind of habit once you get through the initial slog. Plus...wheels was getting plump-ish.

i heartily encourage everyone to engage in moderate exercise to the level of their abilities, keeping in mind their situation and age

what apparatus makes the best shoe tree after 3 months, holding at least 5 dozen pairs?

41 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i heartily encourage everyone to engage in moderate exercise to the level of their abilities, keeping in mind their situation and age

what apparatus makes the best shoe tree after 3 months, holding at least 5 dozen pairs?

Wait this is a real q isn't it. I can picture one actually....has all these weird flexible metal bars sticking straight up out of the back that create the resistance? You attach cables to the loops on the bars? God what is the name.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Wait this is a real q isn't it. I can picture one actually....has all these weird flexible metal bars sticking straight up out of the back that create the resistance? You attach cables to the loops on the bars? God what is the name.

ohhh.  i think it's a product of norditrack. (sp?)  

what a terrible machine, and i can't imagine it's cheap either.  hell, for $10 a month you can go to a planet fitness. there's enough there for most people.

8 minutes ago, teef said:

ohhh.  i think it's a product of norditrack. (sp?)  

what a terrible machine, and i can't imagine it's cheap either.  hell, for $10 a month you can go to a planet fitness. there's enough there for most people.

uH

That thing on the right teef!!! I gots to look good in my tuxedo!

On 12/13/2019 at 6:54 PM, RochesterRob said:

The old Seinfeld trope about looking directly into the sun (he specifically was talking about cleavage) when checking out an inappropriate to the observer female applies here.  Think of Rosanne Barr circa 1990, Rosie O'Donnell, or the female Monroe "Brother" from Green Acres to keep Mr Mojo from rising.  It's tougher if the subject is touchy-feely as I have been exposed to a few times.  Most of the time it is innocent but one time the woman in question was definitely trying to get a rise out of me.  Another time an old high school crush showed up at my place of work in an extremely hot outfit that she would not normally wear to my recollection.  I had to excuse myself and go to the rest room to splash very cold water on my face.

? The wheels on the bus go

Round and round,

Round and round,

Round and round. ?

On 12/13/2019 at 3:56 PM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Good point BUT, as a person who bought a Kitchen Aid, for his wife. for Christmas, I can say that it's the gift she most wanted, and was very pleased with it.  If you go with what she wants, and you can afford it, it's definitely the path to take.

We are in the same gift-giving boat.  Can't beat them for Christmas cookie making.  

The whole concept of paying $3000 for an exercise bike and then buying into another $60 a month "video instructor package" for someone to motivate me to use it every day means I must be getting old. 

A $45 a month gym Anytime Fitness membership and me, telling my own fat ass and dimwit brain, to go every day seems like a cheaper, more effective solution.  Oh well.  I somehow haven't missed more than a couple of flu days in almost 2 decades since I woke up and realized I wasn't going to live to see my kids as adults if I didn't change.

People who were offended by this commercial are a curious lot to me, but only God judges and maybe he/she rides a Peloton...

Edited by JoeF