PFF's anti-Josh Allen agenda continues, calls Duck Hodges "the better QB"

Wayne Arnold

I don't get the Allen hate. 

This is a team that has had JP Losman, Fitz, Trent Edwards, Kyle Orton, EJ Manuel, Tyrod Taylor and Nathan Peterman as starting QB's and we're shitting on the only guy who can actually throw a football to save his life??

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

PFF only looks at their own statistics, a matrix that will never show Allen as a successful QB. Allen has the intangibles you can't measure. Duck's completion% is over 70%, while Allen's is under 60%. That will show Duck being rated higher

Edited by uticaclub

After last game, comments like this are warranted. You never know which Josh we are going to get, he has to be smarter and more consistent. He really can’t have anymore games like the Ravens. It hurts his reputation tremendously. He has a lot to prove. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

This ERIC Eager fool has no idea what he is talking about.  In a later tweet he said that the Bills FO passed on a QB in 2017 and traded up for one in 2018 - not realizing that there were two different administrations that made the call.

He has no clue what he’s talking about 

I can’t disagree with the latter, but since McDermott was the coach and clearly had a lot of say-so in 2017, I don’t think you can call those different administrations.

PFF is just looking silly

Why is this so shocking?

Hodges is playing great. High completion percentage, high YPA, he's playing very well indeed.

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Yeah, right now we're seeing Hodges' ceiling and basically Allen's floor.

That's one guess. It may well be correct re: Hodges after people get a read on him, but we're not really sure what we have with Allen yet, and since we've seen him play worse, this isn't Allen's floor.

If I had to pick one of them for the future I'd absolutely pick Josh, but right now it's fair to say that Hodges is playing better, IMO, though I haven't watched all of his throws.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Why is this so shocking?

Hodges is playing great. High completion percentage, high YPA, he's playing very well indeed.

That's one guess. It may well be correct re: Hodges after people get a read on him, but we're not really sure what we have with Allen yet, and since we've seen him play worse, this isn't Allen's floor.

If I had to pick one of them for the future I'd absolutely pick Josh, but right now it's fair to say that Hodges is playing better, IMO, though I haven't watched all of his throws.

They don’t ask much of him.  He’s averaged 16 attempts per game and his WRs are typical Steelers WRs speed, RAC, hands, contested and sell out catches....must be nice. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Why is this so shocking?

He's playing caretaker football.  He's averaging about 175 yards a game passing, hasn't thrown for more than 1 TD in a game, and in 2 of his 4 wins, he's thrown as many TDs and INTs.  Plus he's played some of the worst teams in the NFL during that time.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

I think they meant PFFFFFFFFFFFFFTT!! ?

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

Beat me to it, I was gonna go with pfffft's dumb brother.

You’re both only repeating what I’ve said before...you can’t say PFFFFFFT without PFF. 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

He's playing caretaker football.  He's averaging about 175 yards a game passing, hasn't thrown for more than 1 TD in a game, and in 2 of his 4 wins, he's thrown as many TDs and INTs.  Plus he's played some of the worst teams in the NFL during that time.

The point isn't how many yards a game he's getting. It's how he does when he passes. And he's done very well. Of course he's playing caretaker football. That's what you play when your team isn't behind and you've got a QB who has no experience. Yeah, he's not getting a lot of yards per game but that's because he's not throwing a lot. You can't judge a guy based on passes he's not asked to throw. You can't say, "See, they're running. That shows the QB sucks." It doesn't. When they ask him to throw, he's doing it productively.

And you're scraping with the "in two of his games he's thrown as many TDs as INTs" thing. He's also in two games thrown an infinitely larger percentage of TDs than INTs. Both stats are spin. You look at the totals. Twice as many TDs as INTs.

Oh, and your loyalties are showing when you call Baltimore, the Chargers, Cincy, Cleveland and Arizona "some of the worst teams in the NFL." Cincy, yeah, but the others not so much, really. The Cards have been surprisingly competitive against a very tough schedule.

And by the way, Allen has also played against a pretty weak schedule.

Young? Inexperienced? Maybe a flash in the pan? Yeah, sure, fair enough. But he's playing well.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

The point isn't how many yards a game he's getting. It's how he does when he passes. And he's done very well. Of course he's playing caretaker football. That's what you play when your team isn't behind and you've got a QB who has no experience.

And you're scraping with the "in two of his games he's thrown as many TDs as INTs" thing. He's also in two games thrown an infinitely larger percentage of TDs than INTs. Both stats are spin. You look at the totals. Twice as many TDs as INTs.

Oh, and your loyalties are showing when you call Baltimore, the Chargers, Cincy, Cleveland and Arizona "some of the worst teams in the NFL." Cincy, yeah, but the others not so much, really. The Cards have been surprisingly competitive against a very tough schedule.

And by the way, Allen has also played against a pretty weak schedule.

Young? Inexperienced? Maybe a flash in the pan? Yeah, sure, fair enough. But he's playing well.

Cards have the worst defense in the league