PFF's anti-Josh Allen agenda continues, calls Duck Hodges "the better QB"

Wayne Arnold

3 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

"I've seen his stats" is usually code for "I didn't watch the games and I don't know what I'm talking about, but I have a way too strong opinion" 

No I watched the games and plenty of them and minus a couple nice ones he outright sucked in most and held the team back for several years

3 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The defense held the team back while Fitz was here. The only thing Fitz was guilty of was not being capable of carrying a bad team on his shoulders.

If they keep Fitz in 2013 and 2014 instead of reaching for Manuel, they win 11-12 games and go to the playoffs in both of those seasons.

I won’t allow Fitz slander in a thread I started. We all know his limitations but he’s still beloved here and we need FitzMagic in Week 17 to capture the AFC East crown.

If he was that good then why did Buffalo cut him, why wasn’t he able to take the Jets to the playoffs back in 15 and why didn’t he take Tampa bay to the playoffs last year and get benched for Winston for the third time?

3 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

The defense held the team back while Fitz was here. The only thing Fitz was guilty of was not being capable of carrying a bad team on his shoulders.

If they keep Fitz in 2013 and 2014 instead of reaching for Manuel, they win 11-12 games and go to the playoffs in both of those seasons.

I won’t allow Fitz slander in a thread I started. We all know his limitations but he’s still beloved here and we need FitzMagic in Week 17 to capture the AFC East crown.

Also if he was as good as you claim him to be then he would still be the starting QB here in Buffalo

On 12/12/2019 at 8:13 PM, jrober38 said:

I understand why PFF would be skeptical of Allen, but it's hard to believe anyone actually thinks Hodges is the better player. 

They are going just a little out of their way to knock Allen...Ha!

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

If he was that good then why did Buffalo cut him, why wasn’t he able to take the Jets to the playoffs back in 15 and why didn’t he take Tampa bay to the playoffs last year and get benched for Winston for the third time?

Also if he was as good as you claim him to be then he would still be the starting QB here in Buffalo

Buffalo cut him because Buddy Nix and Doug Whaley are morons.

There is space between terrible and Super Bowl caliber franchise QB.

If he were as bad as you claim he wouldn’t still be starting NFL games seven years after his release.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

If he were as bad as you claim he wouldn’t still be starting NFL games seven years after his release.

Fitzy is a decent quarterback. Nobody ever fully committed to him, but it’s a testament to his game that he’s went to all of these different teams and rather it’s by injury or great play he snags the starting job. He’s hit and miss but nobody has ever built a playbook or offense to suit his strengths either like some other successful quarterbacks 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

You and I were correct on duck dodgers for sure

All the hype for a UDFA QB that cant throw past 10 yards consistantly against Bad Defenses, now he faces a real one and look shows he is nothing more than a UDFA QB that should stick to his duck calling 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

He’s not terrible.  He’s not a starting QB IF you are trying to be a contender.  A “contender”, not a possible back door playoff team in a season devoid of worthy playoff teams.  He continuously throws picks at the end of games and is a choke artist imo.  

he can move offenses from time to time but his most consistent skill is ruining his teams draft position.  He is not a “good” qb.  He isn’t terrible, but he’s not a guy you want if you’re trying to be serious about winning playoff games

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

All the hype for a UDFA QB that cant throw past 10 yards consistantly against Bad Defenses, now he faces a real one and look shows he is nothing more than a UDFA QB that should stick to his duck calling 

Exactamente. All the wailing and gnashing of teeth before this game was downright comical

31 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

After last night I remember why I stopped watching Sunday Night Football.....

Chris Collinsworth doing whatever he can to push his companies PFF Narratives

And they all are like this...

Image result for egg on the face gif

Edited by H2o

The Steelers game was not Josh's finest hour. He made some mistakes and missed some opportunities. But Josh came through with enough big plays to support the defenses fantastic effort (and the special teams quality effort.) But Josh has had a lot of other quality games against bad to decent teams that you could point to that far outpaced anything Duck Hodges has done. I am not sure if Josh is an elite QB but he is progressing and still growing. 2020 I think will see exactly around what kind of QB Josh can really be long term. 

53 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Whaley had nothing to do with Fitz getting cut, and Nix realized they made a mistake paying him all that money for mediocre production 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

The Steelers game was not Josh's finest hour. He made some mistakes and missed some opportunities. But Josh came through with enough big plays to support the defenses fantastic effort (and the special teams quality effort.) But Josh has had a lot of other quality games against bad to decent teams that you could point to that far outpaced anything Duck Hodges has done. I am not sure if Josh is an elite QB but he is progressing and still growing. 2020 I think will see exactly around what kind of QB Josh can really be long term. 

Josh also racked up his sixth 4th quarter comeback .. all time record is 43 by Peyton Manning .., hopefully the pace will slow down as we improve and win more wire to wire ... but you have to like how he operates in crunch time

• Like (+1) 1