PFF's anti-Josh Allen agenda continues, calls Duck Hodges "the better QB"

Wayne Arnold

4 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

You want the narrative on Josh to change? It won't be from winning games. 

It'll only happen when someone like Bill Cowher goes on TV during prime time and says he thinks Josh Allen is the Truth and he is officially accurate now. Only then, will people change their minds. In fact, Allen haters will become Allen fans over night. The advanced stats will suddenly show how accurate Allen is! Such is the way the world REALLY works. 

Absolutely the truth.  

On 12/12/2019 at 7:29 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

Yeah, right now we're seeing Hodges' ceiling and basically Allen's floor.

Exactly. I think PFF provides valuable information and insight on non-QBs -- the players we're not watching every week on the All 22, like offensive linemen and receivers running routes on the opposite side of the field. With QBs, we already watch every play, so PFF's watchers don't add much.

And they're also too enamored of their small sample size stats, leading them to say preposterous things like "Hodges is the better QB." OK if they want to say "in his 3.5 games, Hodges has actually performed better than Allen in his 13 games." That's quite a different thing. On the baseball analytics side the famous line was "pretty much anyone can hit pretty much anything over 80 plate appearances." And that's what Hodges is. And what Kyle Allen was. Maybe Minshew is the great exception?

On 12/14/2019 at 4:35 AM, buffalonian said:

Interesting logic here, WR John Brown is one of the “best free agent signings” this year and is having the statistically top season of his career but somehow the guy throwing him the ball is terrible. 

Stevie Johnson had career years here even though Fitz was holding the team back...so it’s not totally out of the question...

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i didn't know schopp worked for them??

EE is worse than Schopp, if you can believe it. They ain’t the data scientists and mathematicians they hold themselves out to be. PFF is selling a product, plain and simple. And they will pimp their predictions and make wild statements like this to attempt to back them up at all costs. They’re shills and should be embarrassed.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Stevie Johnson had career years here even though Fitz was holding the team back...so it’s not totally out of the question...

IMO the difference is that Brown has had good years in other places. Now that he’s here he’s having a career year. Stevie never really did anything elsewhere. Smoke isn’t succeeding in spite of Allen. 

Just now, VW82 said:

The Duck jokes are fun but I don’t think this is the game to rub PFF’s face about Josh. He was kind of bad too, just not flaming duck grease bad.

Nah I think it is warranted, although I take your point on Allen not being excellent tonight (I don’t think anyone would argue that he was.) 

But PFF deserves to be called out on that statement today and until the end of time. A responsible data scientist would not even make a statement like that based on something as simple as sample size, alone. They deserve to be roasted.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, VW82 said:

The Duck jokes are fun but I don’t think this is the game to rub PFF’s face about Josh. He was kind of bad too, just not flaming duck grease bad.

Agenda much.  The Bills are playoff bound.  Get over it.  Yes...the Bills made the playoffs much to your chagrin.  It's ok.  Enjoy it!

On 12/12/2019 at 7:29 PM, Dr.Sack said:

To be fair when Josh Allen is bad he’s a bottom 3 QB (30-32). Allen is yet to register a 300 yard game & has generally been a midrange QB this year. Duck Hodges is the #28 QB on a good or bad day. 

Honestly who gives a goddamn about throwing for 300 yards I’d rather have the W then a 300 yard game, PS Kelly didn’t always throw for 300 yards sometimes he’d throw for 145 to 200 yards per game, not saying he didn’t have his moments cause for sure he did. But Kelly never once in his career broke for 4,000 or over passing yards the way Marino would do almost every year. Stats are for losers, the final on the scoreboard is for winners

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, VW82 said:

With the game on the line, Josh Allen threw a TD pass in the endzone.  With the game on the line Duck Hodges threw not 1, but 2 interceptions in the endzone.

Josh Allen wins games with the game on the line, PERIOD

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Fitz was the best QB besides Allen we've had since Kelly

He played on crappy teams and won us games with some great performances

The dude has vastly outplayed his draft slot and has 30k yards. He made Stevie Johnson not the opposite

That's why Fitz is still making millions

• Like (+1) 1

PFF picking Hodges over Allen is a joke. After 4 interceptions I hope the people at PFF who keep perpetuating the Josh Allen was a terrible pick narrative just give it up already. JA isnt Montana yet, but Duck Hodges, really? PFF sucks. JA and the Bils are proving it on the field.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2