PFF's anti-Josh Allen agenda continues, calls Duck Hodges "the better QB"

Wayne Arnold

4 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Seems like the PFF author is just being edgy an ass to drive traffic to his article.

This is true across the board for the entire analytics community. I don't know what their whole attitude is about. I follow a lot of these guys on Twitter. They are more interested in dunking on people they disagree with than providing analysis. They are quick to call out people who didn't like Lamar Jackson pre-draft, but they never admit how wrong they were about Josh Rosen. And honestly Josh Allen is already much better than most of them thought he would be. They seem very stuck on their preconceived notions based on what the analytics told them. To the point where until Allen is a consistent top 10 QB they won't admit they were wrong.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Apologies if already posted.

Gotta be honest, I agree with this post from Eric Eager.  With better play from Josh we’re Super Bowl contenders.  Here’s hoping he steps up.  

Edited by BarleyNY

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m the same rational awesome poster as always. ? when this board tries to compare Allen with Mahomes, it is looney tunes.  But To say ? is better?  Well that is outright insane.  

and Allen better prove me right!

...."paging Mr. Edmunds......pick up the lobby phone for your assignment"...........

image.png.5554b08ec4e591fcd4c59ecc413268d1.png

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Gotta be honest, I agree with this post from Eric Eager.  With better play from Josh we’re Super Bow contenders. 

Dang...I know what you mean. 

I think how the offense is run put JA as the lead dog. 

I think we could go into a run heavy, limit JAs attempts and win the old fashioned way. 

I really do believe they are throwing as much as they do because they need him to be able to do everything on the field to become a Franchise type player.

I dont think its just about winning with this year its about making JA a complete QB......and winning.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Dang...I know what you mean. 

I think how the offense is run put JA as the lead dog. 

I think we could go into a run heavy, limit JAs attempts and win the old fashioned way. 

I really do believe they are throwing as much as they do because they need him to be able to do everything on the field to become a Franchise type player.

I dont think its just about winning with this year its about making JA a complete QB......and winning.

Yeah.  I also think some of the better teams are doing their best to force the game into Josh’s hands.  If he can make those teams pay, then the sky’s the limit for the Bills - especially considering our cap situation.  It’d be a very sustainable team. 

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

For some reason, a part of DCOrange's post didn't show up when I quoted him. It was the following commentary from the PFF article. I honestly couldn't believe PFF was of this opinion. 

Counterpoint (EE): This is for all you doubters out there (yeah, I’m talking to you, PFF_Steve).  All of you who think that throwing the ball accurately is more important in today’s NFL than having the arm strength to send the ball clear out of bounds in those stiff Buffalo winds. You idiots who don’t appreciate Mose Schrute’s brother frolicking through defenses on long-yardage plays en route to leading the league’s 26th-best offense. Those of you who mock and ridicule the decision to draft an ineffective college passer from the Mountain West more than 20 spots ahead of a Heisman Trophy winner than may soon be the NFL’s MVP.  THIS ONE’S FOR YOU.

Sure, the Steelers have what may very well be the league’s best defense.  Yeah, they may be getting back one of the league’s most dynamic young receivers to join a stable full of emerging talent that also includes Diontae Johnson and James Washington.  Yes, we know Heinz Field is one of the league’s premier home-field advantages. None of that is going to matter Sunday night when our boss slides into view, because Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen is on a roll.  Only 31 starting quarterbacks have a better negatively graded throw rate than Allen. This is the game they drafted him for.

:rolleyes:

That trash-talk is so trashy it's not even worth responding to.

41 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Gotta be honest, I agree with this post from Eric Eager.  With better play from Josh we’re Super Bowl contenders.  Here’s hoping he steps up.  

With better play from Josh and the OLine and the receivers/tight ends and running backs and better offensive coordinating from Daboll we’ll be Super Bowl contenders.

• Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

To be fair when Josh Allen is bad he’s a bottom 3 QB (30-32). Allen is yet to register a 300 yard game & has generally been a midrange QB this year. Duck Hodges is the #28 QB on a good or bad day. 

To be fair when MOST QB’s are bad they look like they are bottom feeder QB’s.

Are you saying Allen couldn’t have put up a 300 yard game or two if the game plan called was pass heavy?

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Are you saying Allen couldn’t have put up a 300 yard game or two if the game plan called was pass heavy?

...BIGGER question BOE is whether Dabumble would approve.....I'll take the hit as far as being a dumbazz non-conformist, but this guy gives me zero confidence as an OC that designs game plans playing to skill set strengths that BEST match up with the weekly opposition......

21 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

He put up 2 300 yards games in MWC. Definitely an overrated stat but dude rarely puts up monster passing games. 

4 minutes ago, noacls said:

Bills are 2nd in the league in dropped passes. Does PFF take that into account?

Knox 6 dropped 

Beasley 4

Motor 4

Smoke 3

How much better would his numbers look if that's cut down?

Yes, they were pretty much the first group to actually take that into account. That's what their adjusted completion % numbers are for.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Hodges TD % this season :  5.0% of his throws are TDs

JA TD % this season: 4.2% of his throws are TDs

And again, given a guess at the better future, I and nearly everyone else would take Josh. But the question PFF raises is who is playing better right now. I think it's very fair to argue that that's Hodges. He's really doing a good job.

You're conveniently overlooking Allen's rushing touchdowns. Why does everybody seemingly do this when discussing Allen? Rushing TD's don't count less when they come from a QB.

It's not fair to argue that Hodges is better, sorry. It's short sighted and wrong.