PFF's anti-Josh Allen agenda continues, calls Duck Hodges "the better QB"

Wayne Arnold

12 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It’s a website for Nerds the same guys who spend all day studying WAR in baseball that’s all 

Nerds? Yeah, maybe.

But nerds whose product is purchased by a large majority of NFL teams? Definitely.

People hate PFF when they say things they don't like. It's a shoot the messenger deal. But though nobody's right all the time and that certainly goes for PFF as well, they do a damn good job. If they didn't, teams wouldn't buy their stuff. Again, doesn't mean they're right in any given case, and certainly so on something as opinion-based and small sample-based as this. But they're a smart group doing a good job.

And since they never said that Hodges will be a better QB than Allen down the road, instead only saying that right now he's playing better, that's a defensible argument they're making.

Edited by Thurman#1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

He's playing caretaker football.  He's averaging about 175 yards a game passing, hasn't thrown for more than 1 TD in a game, and in 2 of his 4 wins, he's thrown as many TDs and INTs.  Plus he's played some of the worst teams in the NFL during that time.

Ya but doing good against  bad teams only matters for Allen 

Who needs PFF to tell us Josh sucks. Our own fans will tell you. They should change the saying nobody circles the wagon like the buffalo bills into nobody eats their own like buffalo bills fans.

I would love to see duck dodger play like Allen did against the cowboys on Thanksgiving day. 

Fantasy football has ruined the sport. It's all about numbers not winning. Screw 300 yards. I'll take winning everyday. 

9 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Nerds? Yeah, maybe.

But nerds whose product is purchased by a large majority of NFL teams? Definitely.

People hate PFF when they say things they don't like. It's a shoot the messenger deal. But though nobody's right all the time and that certainly goes for PFF as well, they do a damn good job. If they didn't, teams wouldn't buy their stuff. Again, doesn't mean they're right in any given case, and certainly so on something as opinion-based and small sample-based as this. But they're a smart group doing a good job.

And since they never said that Hodges will be a better QB than Allen down the road, instead only saying that right now he's playing better, that's a defensible argument they're making.

They consider Dak Prescott the second most important player in football the sight is a joke 

I’ll be more impressed if Allen finishes the season above 60% completion as opposed to getting a 300 yard game passing. Allen is still young at 23, but as others noted the company he finds himself in is fairly average. And that is what Allen likey turns out to be: a mid level game manager.

I stopped at PFF. Any organization run by collinsworth is inherently a joke.

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Except it's not.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I stopped at PFF. Any organization run by collinsworth is inherently a joke.

Except it's not.

Yeah, some great logic there. I doubt even Socrates would want to take you on with brilliant arguments like that.

Pretty much any time you see a guy saying "I stopped at ..." what you've got is a guy with a serious case of confirmation bias who won't read anything he disagrees with, whether or not it makes sense.

Edited by Thurman#1

8 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, some great logic there. I doubt even Socrates would want to take you on with brilliant arguments like that.

Pretty much any time you see a guy saying "I stopped at ..." what you've got is a guy with a serious case of confirmation bias who won't read anything he disagrees with, whether or not it makes sense.

Generally have no use for "grades" that are created by organizations with closed, proprietary systems that have little to no accountability.

But hey, you're entitled to do you.

6 hours ago, Kiva said:

After last game, comments like this are warranted. You never know which Josh we are going to get, he has to be smarter and more consistent. He really can’t have anymore games like the Ravens. It hurts his reputation tremendously. He has a lot to prove. 

Well I completely agree last week was an awful game I would argue Jim Kelly had many games like Allen did last week throughout his career. Great defense make even great QB’s look bad. Fact!

Edited by Lenigmusx
  • Like (+1) 1

He’s better than Duck Hodges. I mean cmon.  But I think we can all agree, in some big home games vs NE, Philly and Baltimore... teams and coaches with some pedigree, Josh Allen has sucked.  He has to be better than those performances.

10 hours ago, jrober38 said:

I understand why PFF would be skeptical of Allen, but it's hard to believe anyone actually thinks Hodges is the better player. 

Let's see what happens after Hodges has a few more starts...always much easier to look good when teams have very little tape on you. Doubt he is going to look good this game.

Edited by matter2003