Thursday nite Football: Jets at Poe-Birds, 8:20 pm Eastern on Fox

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Bold

Bleedingreen, how has NYJets managed the #7 defense in football with the #31 offense?

Gase doesnt know what he's doing. Having neglected the offensive line, having no true #1 receiver, and being very predictable are the main reasons. We have to address the line in the draft, the FA market for o- line next year is very weak. William's has been great for us, he is molding what he needs in players, we need Mike McCarthy 

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Um, No?  The team that plays Thurs. does not play again until the following Sunday - eg we played on Thanksgiving and then skipped that Sunday.

Thanks. I am Dopey.

10 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

You have a mistake in your logic

example below:

11-3 - play Sunday Game

11-10 - Bye week

11-14 - play Thursday night game (10 day rest)

11-17 - off due to playing Thursday

11-24 - play on next Sunday (9 days rest)

It extends the bye week, and catches no team on a short week.

Teams playing on Thursday should be coming off of a bye week.

4 teams are off on any bye week, shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Make it 2 AFC teams and 2 NFC teams in the divisions playing against each other.

Lets say the AFC East plays NFC East

Then 2 teams from AFC East and 2 teams from NFC East share the bye week.

one pairing plays on Thursday, the other play oon the 11-17 weekend above having a full bye week

both share the same time off, and can ramp back up vs the league with extra rest

win-win

This is simple analytics that catches no team short handed

Dopey me.

• Like (+1) 1

if I can get any good out of how LJ and the ravens are playing lights out. it's that I can pretty much with an almost certainty, know the evil empire will not be representing the afc in the sb.

at least this year I can actually watch a game in february.

after the ravens second touchdown last night I shut this game off. looks like I didn't miss much other than an annihilation of the J.E.T, jets!

the final score of this game shows me the bills gave those ravens a hell of a fight last week.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Phil.  Give it a rest.  Now.  This is a thread about the Jets-Ravens game.

Go re-read the TOS about “We want people to share their opinions, not bludgeon others to death with them”

That’s some fine moderating there, seriously, thank you?

3 hours ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Gase doesnt know what he's doing. Having neglected the offensive line, having no true #1 receiver, and being very predictable are the main reasons. We have to address the line in the draft, the FA market for o- line next year is very weak. William's has been great for us, he is molding what he needs in players, we need Mike McCarthy 

Would Williams be the worst hire at HC? He did alright in Cleveland 

1 minute ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Not at all, just get Gase out of there

You know we're bros, right?

Right?

So when I say this I want you to know, it's not personal. I ***** hate the jets and I'm glad to see them spinning their wheels for as long as humanly possible

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

if I can get any good out of how LJ and the ravens are playing lights out. it's that I can pretty much with an almost certainty, know the evil empire will not be representing the afc in the sb.

at least this year I can actually watch a game in february.

after the ravens second touchdown last night I shut this game off. looks like I didn't miss much other than an annihilation of the J.E.T, jets!

the final score of this game shows me the bills gave those ravens a hell of a fight last week.

Oh Yeah.

And what's more, the Ravens D was kind of taking the night 1/2 off from what I could see.  They went balls-to-the-wall lights-out on us, last night they were cruisin'. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Not at all, just get Gase out of there

You can have all the xs and os you like but if you can't manage/ motivate people then your probably not going to be a good head coach. That shouting match between Gase and Darnold was embarrassing as I'm sure you would feel. Problem with being OC aswell as head coach. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh Yeah.

And what's more, the Ravens D was kind of taking the night 1/2 off from what I could see.  They went balls-to-the-wall lights-out on us, last night they were cruisin'. 

well when your sitting on a 35-7 lead going in the 4th and up two tds at halftime with a pretty anemic jets offense who could only put up 7 through out 3 qtrs and two garbage time tds in the 4th when the game was well over, you can coast for sure. hell, it was over when I shut it off after the ravens scored the 2nd td in the first qtr and never looked back.

yeah, Id say the bills gave them much more of a fight, unfortunately was on the wrong end of it but sometimes it takes a good ass kicking to go with the learning process.

we'll see how they rebound come sunday night.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973