Thursday nite Football: Jets at Poe-Birds, 8:20 pm Eastern on Fox

19 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Then they would play 3 days later. Unless they get another bye. If the nfl went to a longer season with 2 bye weeks, maybe.

You have a mistake in your logic

example below:

11-3 - play Sunday Game

11-10 - Bye week

11-14 - play Thursday night game (10 day rest)

11-17 - off due to playing Thursday

11-24 - play on next Sunday (9 days rest)

It extends the bye week, and catches no team on a short week.

Teams playing on Thursday should be coming off of a bye week.

4 teams are off on any bye week, shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Make it 2 AFC teams and 2 NFC teams in the divisions playing against each other.

Lets say the AFC East plays NFC East

Then 2 teams from AFC East and 2 teams from NFC East share the bye week.

one pairing plays on Thursday, the other play oon the 11-17 weekend above having a full bye week

both share the same time off, and can ramp back up vs the league with extra rest

win-win

This is simple analytics that catches no team short handed

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Roman wasn’t here with Orton. That was marrone/Lil Nate

Whoops.

For some reason I thought they were both here in 2015. 

Sammy still had a great season. 60 catches for over 1,000 yards in 13 games.

Somehow we were 12th in offensive scoring.

3 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I don’t think that getting the ball to recievers on the outside of the field is what Lamar does well.  I noticed this last week too.  

He throws passes to the middle of the field really well and has since college.  That’s why the TE’s are so important in this offense as PSE catchers

It might be, but I don’t recall the outside WRs doing much with Roman here until Watkins called out Tyrod and he started throwing up 50/50 balls. ICBW though. 

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I think that was an EJ Manuel/Tyrod Taylor problem.

With Kyle Orton under centre, Watkins was actually super productive under Greg Roman. 

That was The MORON with Hackett. Orton retired before the Rex/Roman offense. 

2 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

That’s why I was impressed with the Bills defense to take out the running game.  And yes, despite what some analysts said - the Bills did limit Lamar all around.

If you take away the blown coverage on the 61 yard touchdown and the shorted field where they started at the 21 yard line.  They held the Ravens to only one sustained TD drive which was helped out by a bad punt at the 49 yard line.  

If you can somehow bottle up the Baltimore ground game (big “if) , I don’t think he’s able to win the game with his arm.  We might see this play out in a few weeks

That blown coverage long TD took away all the respect they could’ve earned with that defensive effort.  

It gave Lamar stats, a third TD and a highlight. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

That blown coverage long TD took away all the respect they could’ve earned with that defensive effort.  

It gave Lamar stats, a third TD and a highlight. 

Only to boxscore scouts. People who know football know that blown coverages happen. They also know that the bills took care of business against the Ravens better than any other team has. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Harbaugh is brilliant.  He knows he has this game in the bank (he has the FG to go up 17) so he has Jackson throw back to back deep passes down the middle.  It's all about putting these plays on tape.  The Ravens don't want folks putting their safeties in the box. 

There aren’t many teams that can pull it off for most of the game. We did. Pats did. Pit did. SF did. That really it. Gonna be fun to see them duplicate this against teams a second time 

Edited by Buffalo Junction
Correcting AutoCorrect
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, he doesn’t look as sharp or accurate with pressure in his face, now does he?

As for physically, he has taken several shots now

But I had it on good authority that he was just taking apart the Ravens defense and they were doing exactly what they did to Allen but Darnold just said: "NO I will beat you because I am far far superior to Josh Allen!" And he took control, played a game that goes right to his hall of fame montage, and rode off into the sunset with his mono laden harem. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1