MLB ups opioid testing & removes marijuana from substances of abuse

Kirby Jackson

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Actually I don't even buy anything.  I have a friend who grows his own (legally) and I get enough for movies and chilling for free.

Now that I'm an old man it don't take much.  LOL

Yup. You’re trying to tease me. 

• Haha (+1) 3

It’s amazing it’s taken this long. For the country and for sports. 
It’s always been troubling to me how they can sell alcohol which kills 1000’s yearly and be so hard on marijuana. While I could agree there’s effects to weed it’s nothing like other legal stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1

The NFL's stance is really senseless, if their goal is protecting the league image.  Today, the league pee tests players and publicly punishes failures for marijuana.  When the league publicizes the failure, they 'tarnish' their own image. 

Instead, I think the league should punish players that get into legal trouble with cannabis.  Those players are impacting the image.  Otherwise, the NFL should basically ignore its use as it is not considered a performance enhancer.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I can buy some at the store around the corner.

You’re a Rocky Mountain guy, able to experience a Rocky Mountain high?

15 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

....at the Canton Cracker Barrel all-you-can-eat buffet?

A Cracker Barrel in Ohio?!  Shirley, you jest!  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You’re a Rocky Mountain guy, able to experience a Rocky Mountain high?

A Cracker Barrel in Ohio?!  Shirley, you jest!  ?

I don’t, and don’t call me Shirley...?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Percy Harvin May Unretire. 

the Bills are praying for the chance to hand him millions and get nothing in return again?

4 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Next collective bargaining agreement will have this in it most likely.

the NFL's insurance issues are exponential compared to MLB's....

I’m a disabled vet and an individual with cancer. I played footballs eons ago (or so it seems). We’ve got to get over the stigma of marijuana. Is it far more potent than yesteryear? Yup. Does it solve a problem? Yup. 

These men are at the apex of their sports life and DESERVE to alleviate the inevitable pains that come from it without fear of prosecution. 

Bob Marley said it best and I’ll mic drop now. ? 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s decriminalized in so many places that I don’t know what it would take for jail time. If it’s an amount for personal consumption it’s a ticket. As an example I think it’s a $25 ticket in New Orleans.

Yep, so many of the cities around Atlanta are making it a Ticket as well. I know a couple that is $75 as long as you have a min amount for personal usage.

4 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Problem with opiods and benzos is they are out of your system quick. THC has to metabolize in fat and can linger around in the big fellas a long time- but this is definitely a step in the right direction.

I wonder if they will go with hair tests, at least with some suspicion/cause. Even with short hair they can use hair from your armpits (which is rather unpleasant!) but it is a vastly more effective test than urine or blood. 

I do like that the aim seems to be geared toward help rather than penalties. 

I think that the topic is interesting and MLB has just given the NFL a road map (and cover). I’ve said it a zillion times before but the NFL is the reactionary league. They are never the innovator. This is likely the first domino to fall IMO. I expect this exact conversation to be a MAJOR part of the next CBA.