Roll Call for SNF @ Pit

judman

I've been planning on attending this game all year.  My cousin, a Pittsburgh native, set aside his tickets for me earlier this year.  I'm totally pumped!  I've never seen the Bills play as an away team and never been to a night game.

I had a sneaking suspicion it was going to be flexed, even though Bulldog disagreed with me when I got on the air in early October... ?

So who's in?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

I'll be watching from the couch.  I hope to see Red and Blue all over that stadium.  Make it look like a home game.  It's just a great feeling seeing our fans having a better turnout than the home team.

It will be tough to make that stadium look like a Bills home game. Steeler Nation are just as die hard of fans and Buffalo Bills fans and usually fill their stadium pretty well. It will definitely be a tough game no matter who is in that stands though. Tomlin may just be up for coach of the year considering what he has been able to do with his team with all their injuries....three different QB's, one of which is a third stringer. 

Edit: Oh, and I'll be watching from the couch as well. :) Go Bills!!! 

Edited by BigPappy
Added more to post

5 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

It will be tough to make that stadium look like a Bills home game. Steeler Nation are just as die hard of fans and Buffalo Bills fans and usually fill their stadium pretty well. It will definitely be a tough game no matter who is in that stands though. Tomlin may just be up for coach of the year considering what he has been able to do with his team with all their injuries....three different QB's, one of which is a third stringer. 

Yeah, you can't discredit Tomlin at all for what his team has been through this year.  After getting blown out that first week, I thought their season was over before it started.

• Like (+1) 1

I'll be there with a crew of hometown homies and college broksis.  Hoping to get to the Bills tailgate, but far too many of my friends are Stillers fans, so it might be hard to drag them along (but would love to say to Kenny, Captain, et al.).

We'll be in one of the Gold Lots, hopefully near Stage AE, which is where my crew of Stillers season holders park.  Should be a fun one!

BTW, Everything You Need To Know, from the Pittsburgh Bills Backers (and courtesy of @plenzmd1)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UCz_67Rm68zvay8vXfzYWd5reRn-_OFpLE2Zw3d3wxU/edit

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

My friend is a Steelers fan and wants Tomlin fired. I told him hes an idiot 

Yeah.  Just dumb.  That's almost as bad as Rivera actually getting fired.  These are two gems that you shouldn't get rid of.  They may be no Belicheck, and may have up and down seasons, but both guys are worth holding onto.

I am there in the upper reaches of the end zone where the degenerates sit (according to the other thread on Pats fans)!

Think our plan for the day will shake out something like brunch and early games somewhere.

Move to a sports bar closer to the stadium for the start of the 4PM games..some wings about 4.30 or so, then walk to the stadium/lots with beers in backpack about 5.Visit @Heitz and his crew in the Gold lot( dandy that he is), then walk over to the Bills tailgate, then to the stadium about 7:30.

If we have and Steeler game vets here, do the bars near PNC park on Clemente Blvd get overwhelmed on game day..especially a night game? That would be perfect place to maybe start tailgaiting at about 3.30, but hate to walk there and not be able to get a table

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

My friend is a Steelers fan and wants Tomlin fired. I told him hes an idiot 

Totally agree Cap! Anyone who says Tomlin needs to get fired is a complete idiot and knows nothing about football.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'll be there.  Lower level kinda where the pylon is.  This night game blows.  Have to kill all day long doing something as to not have to sit in a hotel room.  Ugh.

Could get a little rough for visiting fans in there too.  Hunker down.  Stay the course!  lol  

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I am there in the upper reaches of the end zone where the degenerates sit (according to the other thread on Pats fans)!

Think our plan for the day will shake out something like brunch and early games somewhere.

Move to a sports bar closer to the stadium for the start of the 4PM games..some wings about 4.30 or so, then walk to the stadium/lots with beers in backpack about 5.Visit @Heitz and his crew in the Gold lot( dandy that he is), then walk over to the Bills tailgate, then to the stadium about 7:30.

If we have and Steeler game vets here, do the bars near PNC park on Clemente Blvd get overwhelmed on game day..especially a night game? That would be perfect place to maybe start tailgaiting at about 3.30, but hate to walk there and not be able to get a table

Sounds like a dangerous plan! ??

Also, we'll all be Slippery Rock fans on Saturday, watching the game downtown somewhere.  If anyone wants to have a beer or three, we'll post where we're watching in this tread (you know, once we know).

5 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

ST holder here living in Pitt but I plan to watch this one at Mario's East Side Saloon (apparently home of the Pitt Bills Backers).  I have my reasons for not going to the game. 

what are your reasons for not going to the game?!?!?!?!?!?!?  There are no good reasons.  Get here!!!!   

Also, question: do you drive up and back for Bills games?  I had ST's one year and did that.  Exhausting, but doable.  

36 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

There is a HUGE contingent of Steeler fans that want Tomlin Canned.

Steelers fans are spoiled brats.  Living here, I can't even listen to anything Steelers on sports radio.  It's like the world is ending if they lose one game, and the amount of "Tomlin sucks," is ridiculous.