If we secure the #5 seed going into week 17, should we rest our starters?

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Speaking as a fellow poster here:  Can we please just focus on getting to the playoffs first?

Beat Pittsburgh.  It's gonna be really tough.

Then worry about playoffs, once we're in.

I hate any kind of looking ahead. I get it, it is an interesting hypothetical and different people will have different opinions, but I like to focus on the next game and the next game only. It just feels.....somehow “wrong” to do anything else. Just one guys opinion....

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think we should run Singletary till he pukes.

awesome Gug !

For me, if you have some guys that could use a break to heal up. try to do that. Some guys you might want to get more live reps in? say Duke Williams Yeldon Sweeney, go for it.
But do not risk losing any game ever. We are not that team.

and we may not get a deep run into the playoffs. : (
Play to win regardless.
Now should we bring our Backer up  QB in?

Maybe get him a couple reps in to close a game just to feel  "it" again.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Speaking as a fellow poster here:  Can we please just focus on getting to the playoffs first?

i preach this at work. Folks who are calculating this and that and the other thing. Been doing it all year. Win the game in front of you. execute the game plan and play calls
every single one. we can talk about this again before the Jest game perhaps 

: )

Edited by 3rdand12

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

1 hour ago, Augie said:

I hate any kind of looking ahead. I get it, it is an interesting hypothetical and different people will have different opinions, but I like to focus on the next game and the next game only. It just feels.....somehow “wrong” to do anything else. Just one guys opinion....

We are fans. What we focus on has nothing to do with what will happen on the field.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

We are fans. What we focus on has nothing to do with what will happen on the field.

We are all different fans. I have no problem with you doing it your way. I get it, it's just not for me. Carry on, by all means! 

I’ll hope for the best in Pittsburgh!  ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Exactly. And IMO if they can absolutely do no better than the 5th seed (if it plays out that way) then yes, I think they should rest the starters a little bit. No need in risking injury playing a meaningless game when you are already penciled in as 5th seed no matter the outcome of anything.

• Like (+1) 1

If you trust the Jets to play a clean game and not take any cheap shots play the starters, but look at the Jets players & coaches and remember Hauschka & Williams bounty hunting and ask yourself "How can I trust the Jets to play clean?"  I vote rest them.  

3 minutes ago, dubs said:

If there is nothing to play for, give the starters a week off. No doubt. If you’re the 5 seed you spend two weeks prepping for the probable 4 seed. 

Agree, but don't know about the whole week. Just mainly want to not risk injury in a meaningless game "if" you can absolutely do no better than the 5th seed.

6 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Agree, but don't know about the whole week. Just mainly want to not risk injury in a meaningless game "if" you can absolutely do no better than the 5th seed.

agree. Sorry, when I said the week off I meant the game. Not the entire week of practice also. Ha

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

You believe wrong.  We came out of preseason with several wins, won after our bye, and our game after Thanksgiving was against the RAVENS who we played tough.

You sound like you have an agenda.

i sad flat not losses. We dang near lost to the lowly jets, we struggled with horrendous Miami after the bye and we didn't get going till the fourth quarter last week. My agenda is practice is not physical at all. You play the way you practice, they were too hard before but now they are too soft, honestly they shouldn't practice at all lest an injury occurs when jogging and making moves on the field and should just watch film if they are going to practice this way.

if you think im against McDermott, Allen, the process or the Bills you are sadly mistaken.