How much did spying on the Bills help the Pats in game 1 this season

Spygate #2 has primarily focused on the Pats' spying (or not - ya right!) spying on the 1-12 Bengals. If they are spying on the Bengals - not a stretch that they were spying for every game in the season - especially the 3-0 Bills. Just earlier in the season, McD had to shoo off the Pats staff when they were spying on the Bills punts. Bills blocked punt was the difference in the game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Spygate #2 has primarily focused on the Pats' spying (or not - ya right!) spying on the 1-12 Bengals. If they are spying on the Bengals - not a stretch that they were spying for every game in the season - especially the 3-0 Bills. Just earlier in the season, McD had to shoo off the Pats staff when they were spying on the Bills punts. Bills blocked punt was the difference in the game.

As far as the blocked punt, it was shown that was a coverage tendency in a previous game.  So the Pats could have legit seen it on film

But I'm glad McDermott chased those guys off, and I hope there's a plan in place to watch for the need to do likewise.

I keep thinking about how before the Superbowl, the Eagles players said there were certain plays they only walked through in their hotel meeting room, they would not even take the chance of practicing them during their practice time on the field.  And they won.  I think that's what it takes.

• Like (+1) 3

They have been actively operating outside of the rules of the league and  good sportsmanship for a long time, and the league has known for a long time that they are doing it, it’s time to break up the monopoly, amongst other actions taken directly at the owner and those he has hired. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm sure those mother foggers cheated against the Bills, paid off the refs, and have a thousand other infractions. It's time to pay the piper. It's time for a December beatdown of these little b^tches. Big Ed is going to eat up Brady and spit him out over Foxborough.

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I'm sure those mother foggers cheated against the Bills, paid off the refs, and have a thousand other infractions. It's time to pay the piper. It's time for a December beatdown of these little b^tches. Big Ed is going to eat up Brady and spit him out over Foxborough.

Not if the refs have anything to say about it... and we all know they will. 

• Like (+1) 2

Also, if I recall correctly, wasn't there an issue where they were accused of tampering with the radio equipment one year (don't remember which team it was)? They were listening in on what the other team was saying/signals. Something along those lines .

Always something with that ***** franchise.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Búfalo Blanco said:

Not if the refs have anything to say about it... and we all know they will. 

I'm not so sure about this - anymore.

The times they are a changing!

Football is BIG $$$$$ - The Pats time has come and is on the way out - time stops for no man.

The NFL, with the help of the media, needs to focus on creating NEW sensations; NEW rivalries; New villains; etc.

You see it with all of the attention on or about the Ravens, Patrick Mahomes, Baker Mayfield, etc.

All I can say is thank you baby Jesus!

6 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

The guy on McDermott's right is hiding a paper behind his back the whole time until McDermott exits through the tunnel.  Fulfilling his "do your job" segment for their series.

Edited by Doc Brown

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As far as the blocked punt, it was shown that was a coverage tendency in a previous game.  So the Pats could have legit seen it on film

But I'm glad McDermott chased those guys off, and I hope there's a plan in place to watch for the need to do likewise.

I keep thinking about how before the Superbowl, the Eagles players said there were certain plays they only walked through in their hotel meeting room, they would not even take the chance of practicing them during their practice time on the field.  And they won.  I think that's what it takes.

Unfortunately, that probably is what it takes.  At the same time, it's difficult to execute a play the way you view it without actually practicing it.  It takes a ton of trust among teammates to do their part correctly.

Since Belichek became the Patriots coach, the Patriots have done significantly better in the 2nd divisional game against the Bills than in the first. Last time I did the math on it was a couple of years ago, but the margin of victory was nearly 3x times more in the second divisional game, vice the first one. I have absolutely no doubts the Patriots were cheating, with stealing signals and everything else they do to gain an advantage.

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Also, the Eagles were said to have staged a 'fake' offensive walk through prior to the SB that consisted of plays and formations they were not planning on using.  Their suspicion was they were being watched and this mis-information strategy would cause NE to waste time preparing for something they would see during the game.  Seems to have worked.

• Like (+1) 4

42 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

he was filming something??  I hadn’t seen that part.

If this was true, someone should have beaten him to a bloody pulp on our sidelines.

Send a message. If someone comes in our house and tries to cheat, they will pay.

Oh, and obliterate the recording device that is being used.

Edited by Plano
  • Like (+1) 1