Steelers Flash back..Don Bebee Scorches them for 4 TD’s

thronethinker

Loved that game! Did an RV from DC with a bunch of my college friends, all Steeler fans!. Parked in the Mud Lot overnight, great time!

Man was that ever a great ride home..BTW, it was right after this game proclaimed the Bills would go undefeated that year

On 12/12/2019 at 10:52 AM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I agree with you to an extent; but I still feel like the only one that truly got away with nary a hope was Washington; Dallas 1 we were leading and due to defensive miscues the Cowboys were able to score 2x in like 5 minutes right after Norton jr takes out Kelly’s right knee with his diving helmet spear fishing move (in today’s NFL can you imagine the sanctions??) in the 1st quarter. If you look at the game it was going swimmingly for us the first 10 minutes including moving the ball with ease and blocking their punt, etc. In Dallas 2, we were still leading until Thurm’s fumble in the 3rd quarter! And there was a deep bomb that Beebe couldn’t hang onto that would’ve buried the Cowboys early. All I’m saying is the game I truly felt we were never in from the start, was the Redskins game, imho. But let’s move on to a brighter day in the here and now! 

Thurman lost his helmet, still blames OTHERS for it  :(

the halftime lead with Dallas was unexpected and nice, until the Bills cratered and fumbled and bumbled and stumbled

they were never in the realm of winning those 3 games, and that's.... okay.... 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/11/2019 at 10:39 PM, Stranded in Boston said:

I watched that Pittsburgh game at the old Bills fan club at The Fours Bar in Boston, across from the old Boston Garden. The place was absolutely packed with Bills fans; it would violate fire codes nowadays. I was crammed up against the front plate glass window. When Beebe scored one of his touchdowns, we screamed so loud I swear the glass buckled; I thought I was going to end up bleeding on the sidewalk on Canal Street ... good times!  :D 

Hey Stranded...I was in that same room with you! I was in college in Boston at the time and went to the Fours every Sunday to watch the games, including that one. I lived at the back end of Charles Street, so it was an easy walk to get there. So many great memories from that place. After one win, some big Bills fan standing next to me actually picked me up and held me above the crowd in celebration. The camaraderie was great. Many of us were strangers to each other...but it felt like you were with family.

• Like (+1) 2

On 12/12/2019 at 10:49 AM, Like A Mofo said:

That and also I know some may view this as blasphemy, but Levy was really out-coached and out-prepared in the SB's, but just think he lost to Parcells/Belichek, Joe Gibbs and Jimmy Johnson, all HOF coaches with tremendous staffs. 

Sad but true. Marv is a great man and a class act. But a "win one for the gipper" coach like him just couldn't compete against more modern minded coaches who meticulously prepared their teams to face the Bills and neutralize every facet of our game.