Would we sell out a home playoff game?

Bakin

If we get a home playoff game - will it sell out?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. If we get a home playoff game - will it sell out?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

But the self proclaimed 'greatest fans' found many reasons to not show up for a playoff game. We obviously were Super Bowl contenders but I guess that's not enough. Buffalo fans love to knock other fans for their lack of support- imagine if Miami didn't sell out a playoff game, that's all you would read about on this site.

I was there, sat in the top row of the upper decks.  We contemplated leaving at halftime but we paid I believe $45 for the tickets & back then being broke college kids we decided to stick it out & try to get our money's worth.  When the Bills score their first TD to make it 35-10 my one friend made a comment & said "the sad thing is probably at least half the people in the stadium think we still have a chance of winning."  The funny thing was as the game got closer we looked out the stadium & could see people climbing the fences.  That was the greatest sporting event I was ever at.

I was also at that Jacksonville playoff game when Kelly got knocked out.  There was an eerie feeling about that game as we walked out to the parking lot after they loss.  I remember thinking to myself "ah they will reload next year & be right back at it."  Little did I know that would be the last playoff game played at the Stadium.  That was 23 years ago.  

Also, I remember the temps were in the 50's that day.  Can't blame the weather for not selling out that game.  

• Like (+1) 3

Yes the game would be a sell out however it might be harder than people think. If the game is a Saturday or Sunday afternoon then it is a no brainer. But on the other hand if the game is played at 8 pm on a Saturday or Sunday evening in frigid cold I can see people staying home in front of the tv.

The game time will decide it for sure.

If it means anything I know of a scalper that has bought many tickets for the first playoff game if that means anything. The thought being that it would be a very ticket or he would simply not of bought them.

I voted yes, after all the years of team incompetence you would think there would not only sell out the stadium but have screens in lots for the over flow, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Bakin said:

Assume we get one. 
How hot is that ticket??

Pretty positive tickets already went on sale for the "potential" home playoff game and it is already sold out. 

So..... yes.

EDIT: See attached screenshot.

playoff tickets.JPG

Edited by CLTbills

18 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I thought some of the home playoff games in the '90s (specifically the comeback game) weren't sold out. So why are people acting like this is a dumb question?

because we are talking about a home playoff game that Bills fans have not had for decades vs.........a very long playoff run in the 90's with many home playoff games that then resulted in a couple at the end of that run that did not sell out. Plus at that time the stadium held about approx 7 to 10k more or so.

Plus the first Bills home playoff game for this season at home, if it happens,  is already sold out.

Edited by cba fan

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

symptom of sports fans getting quickly spoiled.  Figured there would be other home playoff games to attend.  OOPS.  

they quit selling out the 3rd SB playoff run, 1996 was like a long time after that

OP,  to give you an idea, you not only have the local fan base fighting for a ticket but you have an entire generation of Bills fans between the ages of 34-41 (Give or take) across the United States that has never had a chance to see a Home playoff game. That fan base was was born from the early 90's Bills and these people become fans as kids because we had a lot of national exposure. Now they make adult money. I'm one of them and know several others. Good luck getting a ticket, it will be hard to come by. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

OP,  to give you an idea, you not only have the local fan base fighting for a ticket but you have an entire generation of Bills fans between the ages of 34-41 (Give or take) across the United States that has never had a chance to see a Home playoff game. That fan base was was born from the early 90's Bills and these people become fans as kids because we had a lot of national exposure. Now they make adult money. I'm one of them and know several others. Good luck getting a ticket, it will be hard to come by. 

Great point!  Last time the Bills had a home playoff game, I was 8 years old and getting $5/week allowance from my parents.  And wearing Bugle Boy apparel to school.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KzooMike said:

Got my tix on reserve so I’m good. 

This past game was 10-2 vs 9-3, the best records for a game at The Ralph this late in the year since either 1991 or 1992 — I forget the exact statistic but that’s a fairly close ballpark.  Tickets were selling for less than $30 come gametime.

The amount of people giving sh*t to the OP for this topic is ridiculous.  It’s a serious question that warrants serious consideration. 

A dome is needed. I agree with all the ‘weather is a part of the game,’ people, but more importantly than that are the ‘‘money talks’ people. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1