Would we sell out a home playoff game?

Bakin

If we get a home playoff game - will it sell out?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. If we get a home playoff game - will it sell out?

• Yes
    • No

LOL...........really?

6 hours ago, Bakin said:

looks like 4 of the last 4 home playoff games didn’t sell out. 

Capacity was 80,000. 

Saturday Dec 28, 1996

Start Time: 12:30pm

Stadium: Rich Stadium

Attendance: 70,213

Saturday Dec 30, 1995

Attendance: 73,103

Sunday Jan 23, 1994

Attendance: 76,642

Saturday Jan 15, 1994

Attendance: 61,923

The last four home playoff games in order and if the game was televised locally in Buffalo:

Jacksonville - No

This game was on Saturday and Wildcard Game #1 of Wildcard Weekend

Miami - Yes

This game was on Saturday and Wildcard Game #1 of Wildcard Weekend

Kansas City - Yes

AFC Championship

LA Raiders - Yes

AFC Division Round

I think the OP's point is in connection to the fact that the most recent Ravens game, pretty big game, didn't sell out.  They've been running at 95% capacity, which in the middle of the league despite putting up their best season in a long time.  The Ravens game amounted to a good proxy for a home playoff game

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

I was at the Eagles game in Week 7, which also was a pretty big match-up given where they were at the time.  The game did not sell out (also poor weather) and probably a 1/4 of the crowd were Eagles fans

Edited by cage
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bakin said:

Capacity was 80,000. 

Saturday Dec 28, 1996

Saturday Dec 30, 1995

Sunday Jan 23, 1994

Saturday Jan 15, 1994

3 of those games were on local television because they he SOLD OUT.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

We don't sell out every game though.

Only nine teams have sold out every home game this season.  Through 6 home games, Bills are at 13th with 95.7% capacity.

10 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I thought some of the home playoff games in the '90s (specifically the comeback game) weren't sold out. So why are people acting like this is a dumb question?

A lot of things in play for that game why it didn't sellout.  They just got smoked up at the Astrodome on Sunday night by the same Oilers that we had to play the following week.  That gave the division to Miami & had to settle for the Wildcard.  That might seem like a nice opportunity now but back then fans were spoiled, coming off of two back to back #1 seeds.  Several starters were hurt including Kelly & Bennett & I believe Thurman Thomas also.   Back then too, there was no online stuff, moving 25-30K tickets in 4 - 5 days would be a tall task for any team.  Also, remember back then the stadium held over 80K people.  That was the only home playoff game besides Kelly's last game against Jacksonville in which the blackout was not lifted.  A lot of things in play. They still got I think 72 thousand + there, which would be a sellout today.

Edited by Gordio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Bakin said:

Capacity was 80,000. 

Saturday Dec 28, 1996

Saturday Dec 30, 1995

Sunday Jan 23, 1994

Saturday Jan 15, 1994

That is actual attendance.  The only two home games that did not sellout were Houston & Jacksonville.  That 61K Oakland game was sold out believe it or not but had about 20K no shows because the temps with the wind chill were like -20 that day.

• Like (+1) 2

what this thread proves is that Bills Mafia is lame, spoiled, afraid of the cold, and does not support its team.

We are just a bunch of whiners who post stupid s*** on two bills drive.? ? And we have a dumb nickname for ourselves

Edited by billybob71
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Bakin said:

That’s really dumb. 
facts is facts. 

I already reserved my tickets but considering history - I thought it was somewhat relevant. 

Fans were very spoiled back then after all the years of home playoff games. 

And the economy was pretty bad in WNY at that time so paying the higher price to fill the 80,000 seat stadium before the era of Stubhub was not so easy as today. 

in 2020, opposing team fans would soak up the remaining tickets in any event. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Then as a NY resident I say

Do Your Job and make that 95.7 into 100% 

:D

There is one TBD user who opined that, if a Bills fan lives in NY and is not a season ticket holder, then that Bills fan isn't "as committed of a fan," as those who do have season tickets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

what this thread proves is that Bills Mafia is lame, spoiled, afraid of the cold, and does not support its team.

We are just a bunch of whiners who post stupid s*** on two bills drive.? ? And we have a dumb nickname for ourselves

I do not mean to be rude at all

your post indicates that you think everyone calls themselves part of the Bills Mafia

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

There is one TBD user who opined that, if a Bills fan lives in NY and is not a season ticket holder, then that Bills fan isn't "as committed of a fan," as those who do have season tickets.

Oh my ...  Ummm  How many people (head of households) live in NY state?  

there isn't a stadium big enough 

2 hours ago, Gordio said:

A lot of things in play for that game why it didn't sellout.  They just got smoked up at the Astrodome on Sunday night by the same Oilers that we had to play the following week.  That gave the division to Miami & had to settle for the Wildcard.  That might seem like a nice opportunity now but back then fans were spoiled, coming off of two back to back #1 seeds.  Several starters were hurt including Kelly & Bennett & I believe Thurman Thomas also.   Back then too, there was no online stuff, moving 25-30K tickets in 4 - 5 days would be a tall task for any team.  Also, remember back then the stadium held over 80K people.  That was the only home playoff game besides Kelly's last game against Jacksonville in which the blackout was not lifted.  A lot of things in play. They still got I think 72 thousand + there, which would be a sellout today.

But the self proclaimed 'greatest fans' found many reasons to not show up for a playoff game. We obviously were Super Bowl contenders but I guess that's not enough. Buffalo fans love to knock other fans for their lack of support- imagine if Miami didn't sell out a playoff game, that's all you would read about on this site.