Earl Thomas says refs need to "protect Lamar Jackson more"

4 hours ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

I understand completely where he was going with that statement.  To this day, he's still viewed more for the damage he can do on the ground versus the air.

But your point was to treat him like a running back because he sarcastically sniped it as a response to people who used to call him a running back, after putting up a dazzling quarterback performance, which doesn't make any sense.

So on this note, Lamar listed as "questionable" on today's practice report

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001086864/article/ravens-lamar-jackson-quad-questionable-for-tnf

If that's the play

BEAUTIFUL textbook clean hit from Jerry Hughes on that play, less than 2 steps after he threw, shoulder into his waist, helmet to the side, and wrapped. 

Hughes backed off and didn't drive it through and I thought Lamar did a bit of a flop.

image.thumb.png.08ba728e24f3a682424cc20bc527df99.png

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

We'll only do this from now on Earl...

I absolutely cannot believe Thomas wasn't suspended for this.  He LAUNCHED himself into Rudolph's head.  FU Earl Thomas - you've always been a dirty punk - what goes around comes around.  Quit crying, hypocrite.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

What the refs need to do is not show favoritism that they show on a regular basis, like; a warning for late hits on Josh, or not calling a penalty when there are 12 guys in the huddle, etc etc.

I agree with a previous post, if LJ wants to do what he is doing that is fine, but there are inherent risks with the decisions to play in that fashion.  If he fakes a kneel down or takes chances on a hand off and gets turfed it’s his own teams fault. You reap what you sow...

Go Bills!!!

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Defend.....against what?  Bad/poorly thought out/super weak takes? 

I was super harsh on Jackson (indirectly, as a way to point out Anthony Lynn is  a bum) at the beginning of the season.  But it’s become obvious I was wrong.  He’s a special talent and has beaten the top 3 Defenses.  All cane at him.  All lost.

The obvious never needs “defense”.  It just is.  You and several others don’t understand the meaning of the word “defend”.  Never have

Greg Roman is squeezing everything he can out of "one read" Lamar before the bottom falls out.  Even a diehard Ravens fan friend of mine calls their situation a "house of cards."

He has had a FANTASTIC year so far.  The Bills made him look ordinary.  Now his teammates are complaining about him being hit.  I'll watch this play out, and eat my crow if it doesn't go the way I think it will go.

13 minutes ago, eball said:

Greg Roman is squeezing everything he can out of "one read" Lamar before the bottom falls out.  Even a diehard Ravens fan friend of mine calls their situation a "house of cards."

He has had a FANTASTIC year so far.  The Bills made him look ordinary.  Now his teammates are complaining about him being hit.  I'll watch this play out, and eat my crow if it doesn't go the way I think it will go.

3 TD passes.   When was the last time a Bills QB had such an "ordinary" day against a top 3 Defense?

Why does every other QB the NFL right now need more than "one read" to throw so many TD passes?

On 12/11/2019 at 6:29 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

This will all end the same way it did for Vick, Newton and RG3. For now Lamar is the shining exciting new toy for the NFL. But it will not be sustainable. Enjoy this video game while it lasts. 

Oh yeah?  How did it end for Vick?

He bounced around and retired when he couldn't get on the filed--even after Big Ben was injured and an awful Matt Barkley played behind him.  Vick was a bad passer, so he was useless when he couldn't run.

Jackson is an order of magnitude better than Vick as a passer. 

Newton broke his foot as he was sacked scrambling on a pass play.

But go on...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

To the original topic, someone should point Earl and Lamar to some tape of Cam Newton over the years. Both behind and ahead of the line of scrimmage, Cam has been beaten on repeatedly over the course of his career, so much so, one could argue, that his career has been significantly shortened. He’s been hit everywhere from his head to his ankles, and has received very little protection from the refs. Thems the breaks. Lamar’s style will inevitably cause him to take a lot of punishment. 

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

To the original topic, someone should point Earl and Lamar to some tape of Cam Newton over the years. Both behind and ahead of the line of scrimmage, Cam has been beaten on repeatedly over the course of his career, so much so, one could argue, that his career has been significantly shortened. He’s been hit everywhere from his head to his ankles, and has received very little protection from the refs. Thems the breaks. Lamar’s style will inevitably cause him to take a lot of punishment. 

If Edmunds or Milano had commented that referees should protect Josh Allen (currently # 2 in rushing attrempts, #3 in yards and #1 in TDs for QBs) better, I'm going to guess that no one here would argue otherwise.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LamarMVP said:

You can't fix stupid

Correct!

If you can’t hit him in the head, and you can’t hit him in the legs, are we just supposed to pull his flag? Is there a little bullseye somewhere on the jersey that is acceptable to touch?  

If the guy is going to run like a RB, expect to get hit like a RB. Heck, Allen gets hit by a guy or two when he slides! Lamar is already in protective bubble wrap compared to what Allen endures. I’m all for the rules, and applying them evenly. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If Edmunds or Milano had commented that referees should protect Josh Allen (currently # 2 in rushing attrempts, #3 in yards and #1 in TDs for QBs) better, I'm going to guess that no one here would argue otherwise.

Protect Josh from the illegal hits he’s been taking that don’t get called?  Yeah most here wouldn’t argue.

• Like (+1) 3