Earl Thomas says refs need to "protect Lamar Jackson more"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001086719/article/earl-thomas-refs-need-to-protect-lamar-jackson-more

Discuss.

My take is that if Lamar Jackson continues to act as a running back including deliberately creating confusion as to whether or not he's the one with the ball, he needs to be able to be treated as a running back.

I saw some very ticky-tack roughing calls against the 49ers when Jackson was in the pocket.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001086719/article/earl-thomas-refs-need-to-protect-lamar-jackson-more

Discuss.

My take is that if Lamar Jackson continues to act as a running back including deliberately creating confusion as to whether or not he's the one with the ball, he needs to be able to be treated as a running back.

I saw some very ticky-tack roughing calls against the 49ers when Jackson was in the pocket.

If he's behind the line of scrimmage scrambling or doing play action fake ("fake"="deliberately creating confusion as to whether the QB is the one with the ball", if he's doing it correctly), etc, he's not acting as a running back so he gets the same protection any QB is due.

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Discuss.

I posted 2 like stories in the Lamar thread 

I thought the whining was funny 

cry me a river.  

***** about bad ref calls 

***** about targeting his legs 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I mean, what exactly do they want? Lamar was complaining cause he felt teams were targeting his thighs (specifically his quad, which has been hurt). Thighs are legal targeting areas, and players know better than to try to body tackle him cause he's slippery and will leave them embarrassed. if they drive for his thighs they have a good chance to taking him down. 

This is just stupid. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Discuss.

So long as he’s ok with opposing QBs getting the same, which he didn’t seem to agree with on Sunday. 

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Baltimore seems thoroughly happy using, abusing, and losing him. 

The joke will be on them if he’s hurt and RG3 has to play and stay on the field. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

In his first presser of the season after week 1, he said "not bad for a running back."  Talking about his first performance.  He said it himself.  He's a running back, so "F" him.

Bruh, this was very obviously him taking a shot at people who said he wasn't a QB, after throwing for like 350 yards and a bunch of TDs.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Plano said:

He's a running back who throws it sometimes.

Lay the wood on him.

A RB who has thrown for more TD's than any QB in the NFL this year?

5 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

In his first presser of the season after week 1, he said "not bad for a running back."  Talking about his first performance.  He said it himself.  He's a running back, so "F" him.

WOW!   Nothing gets past you, my man,.  Good pick up...

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Also, as a slightly off topic question: Has anyone had a worse season than Mason Rudolph? 

Step 1: Replace a Hall of Famer but you get no weapons and you also suck as a QB.

Step 2: Suck horribly as a QB. 

Step 3: Get knocked the F out and miss time.

Step 4: Come back and almost get murdered on National TV. 

Step 5: Continue to suck as a QB.

Step 6: Get replaced by backup with a comic book name. 

A lot of suffering right there... Only matched by Chris Trappaso and his historically bad take about Rudolph being the best QB in the 18 class....

• Haha (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, arcane said:

Bruh, this was very obviously him taking a shot at people who said he wasn't a QB, after throwing for like 350 yards and a bunch of TDs.

I understand completely where he was going with that statement.  To this day, he's still viewed more for the damage he can do on the ground versus the air.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I mean, what exactly do they want? Lamar was complaining cause he felt teams were targeting his thighs (specifically his quad, which has been hurt). Thighs are legal targeting areas, and players know better than to try to body tackle him cause he's slippery and will leave them embarrassed. if they drive for his thighs they have a good chance to taking him down. 

This is just stupid. 

I know, right!

Flags are thrown if you hit a QB high, they're thrown if you hit him low so it really doesn't leave much body to tackle other than waist/thighs. 

Edited by pop gun