Worst Case Scenerio to make playoffs

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Worst Case Scenario    Buffalo losing out ..

what else is there to say ???? 

1 win and they are in.  the rest is noise IMO 

I think there is a way for us to make it to the playoffs even if we lose out, but damn, I don't think I'd even want to be in the playoffs at that point...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think there is a way for us to make it to the playoffs even if we lose out, but damn, I don't think I'd even want to be in the playoffs at that point...

So we lose out and slip in and end up getting hot in the playoffs and end up in the Super Bowl you wouldn't want that?

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

We still have a 57% chance to make it if we lose out and finish 9-7.

I still don't like being that close to 50%.  Obviously that means that we'll need help from other teams.  I wanna make it this year without having to rely on other team's failures.

Edited by Circlethewagon8404
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Going to play along here. If we lose all three, we need the titans to drop two games. The browns, raiders and colts need to lose one. Might even be less if we have the tie breaker over the raiders or colts. Browns have to drop one because they have the head to head. Colts should lose in New Orleans on Monday.  

7 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

Going to play along here. If we lose all three, we need the titans to drop two games. The browns, raiders and colts need to lose one. Might even be less if we have the tie breaker over the raiders or colts. Browns have to drop one because they have the head to head. Colts should lose in New Orleans on Monday.  

Bingo!  The only other way I see is the Texans would have to lose all 3 of their remaining games along with a loss by IND, OAK and CLE.

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bingo!  The only other way I see is the Texans would have to lose all 3 of their remaining games along with a loss by IND, OAK and CLE.

The scenario I outlined isn't terribly far fetched. Raiders will likely drop one to the jags, broncos or bolts. Browns will likely lose to the Ravens next week. Colts will likely lose to the Saints this week. Titans could very easily split with the Texans and lose to the Saints in between. I just don't want it to come down to this. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

So we lose out and slip in and end up getting hot in the playoffs and end up in the Super Bowl you wouldn't want that?

If we lose the next three games, we aren't winning a playoff game. It could happen, but it's very unlikely as it will mean that we're more pretender than contender. 

We’re not going 0-3.  Billieve guys.  We gave the Ravens, all they could handle from our defense, and the next three opponents, do not have the talent the Ravens have on defense.  We’re going 2-1, or 3-0.  The only way we win the division as was talking to Papa on NFLR which as much as Weiss drives me crazy at times, are both in our corner is to win throughout, and the Pats have to lose to us and either Miami or Cincy.  Highly unlikely so we’ll probably face the Texans or Titans in the wildcard.  I’m confident we have a very good chance, and neither is like a Pittsburgh, KC, or Green Bay fan base, so I fully expect 20,000 Bills fans there and they get to get out of the cold.  I unfortunately can’t make it this year as I was in Jax two years ago, and we can create some noise in those stadiums.

After the wildcard, all bets are off and we’ll see.  At the end of the day an 11-5 or 12-4 record and a playoff win is a great move forward.  I just heard the proposed salary cap increase and would mean about $100 mil in cap space.  More than enough to extend, Dawson, Spain, Milano, White, and Lawson and cut Murphy.  We can continue to draft well, and probably pick up one marquee free agent and still be ok.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1