CBSSports: Pats* Miss Playoffs! Bills take AFC East!

ProcessYaDigg

7 minutes ago, Process said:

If the bills win this week and lose to the pats you rest starters week 17. Otherwise you play them until the end. Simple as that. 

Don't forget, the Pats knocked out JA during the first meeting.  Not saying that'll happen again, but we should use caution when playing cheaters.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

they should handle cincy especially after a little extra tape on them but fitz and the fins could surprise and beat them?

It's just possible that Cincy gets an extra "Mad" on them, works overtime to change up their signals, and plays with some fire in their belly to handle the Pats.

Andy Dalton must have a boulder-size chip on his shoulder at this point.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Don't forget, the Pats knocked out JA during the first meeting.  Not saying that'll happen again, but we should use caution when playing cheaters.

We absolutely should.  Allen must be prepared for this.

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

Oh, well damn. Alright, well yeah maybe Fitz can pull one of his ass for us then.  Anyways, it's still a possibility so that's what I'm hoping for as well.

I'm quite certain Fitzy and the Fins would like nothing more.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Oh, well damn. Alright, well yeah maybe Fitz can pull one of his ass for us then.  Anyways, it's still a possibility so that's what I'm hoping for as well.

Who knows.  I think Fitz would love nothing more than to play a part in de-throning the Pats as AFC East champs.

Remember Fitz, we gave you your first big contract.  Please help us out.  You need to be our Dalton this year.

I honestly think there is a higher probability that the Pats lose two of the next three than we all think. The Pats are weakening as the season goes along. Every team in the league wants to beat the Pats,  product of them winning so many games for so long.

If the Bills win out, they win the division. That’s my prediction. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buddy Hix said:

I just can't understand people talking about the Pats game....Pittsburgh is no joke and we play them on the road. 

I agree.  I am trying (and succeeding) to keep my hands off, but all these playoff threads make me incredibly uncomfortable as a fan.

One game at a time.  Just freakin' beat Pittsburgh.

• Like (+1) 1

The following is a  really pessimistic outlook but given the Bills' history I don't think we can say its totally impossible. I think even if the Bills lose to the steelers and pats they probably still beat the jets.

So my question as a life long disappointed Bills' fan is can the Bills still make the playoffs if they lose the next 3? Just curious as I think that happening has to be less than my chances of winning Mega Millions.

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree.  I am trying (and succeeding) to keep my hands off, but all these playoff threads make me incredibly uncomfortable as a fan.

One game at a time.  Just freakin' beat Pittsburgh.

I'm with you.  That's why I said in my opening thread that i'm usually saying take it one game at a time.  But sometimes it's hard not to look ahead.  As a fan, our minds are always on "what if" mode.

1 minute ago, entropyrules said:

The following is a  really pessimistic outlook but given the Bills' history I don't think we can say its totally impossible. I think even if the Bills lose to the steelers and pats they probably still beat the jets.

So my question as a life long disappointed Bills' fan is can the Bills still make the playoffs if they lose the next 3? Just curious as I think that happening has to be less than my chances of winning Mega Millions.

It all boils down to 3 teams.  Steelers, Texans, and Titans.  Texans or Titans will win their division.  We hold the tie-breaker over the Titans, but they could still finish with 10 wins, so it won't matter.  If Titans win their division and we tie with the Texans, i'm not sure who gets in.  I'm not looking it up.

47 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Not sure if this is being discussed, so please mod or lock as necessary.

try looking in the thread  -  2019 Playoff Scenarios. Buffalo #5 Seed, 95% to make it, 1 more win will clinch. AFCE Crown is still in play 

It's been detailed there

The chances of it happening are SLIM to NONE 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

26 minutes ago, Jobot said:

I'm pretty sure we win the division if we win out

they were talking about this in sirius nfl this morning.  if the bills win out, and the pats win out other than the loss to the bills, the pats still win the east.  apparently is has to do with the loss to the eagles.

1 minute ago, teef said:

they were talking about this in sirius nfl this morning.  if the bills win out, and the pats win out other than the loss to the bills, the pats still win the east.  apparently is has to do with the loss to the eagles.

Common opponents    Eagles more likely   and (maybe)  Browns

4 minutes ago, teef said:

Ah damn, I mixed up the next tie-breaker... best W/L within the conference.  Thx