Sign in to follow this  
DaBillsFanSince1973

BILLS @ STEELERS **Predict the Score**

14 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

That's what the Ravens and the Patriots threw at our offense and was very effective at stopping our offense. I suspect that other teams will now be trying to do the same. Josh needs to identify his hot read and beat this. The thing with cove 0 is that it almost always is a blitz. It's not just man coverage. They play man, so that they can send more people on a blitz. There were plays throughout the game against the Ravens that the Bills attempted to defeat this, but the execution was not there. I think this is something Josh and the offense still need to work on. It's appears to be beatable, but it takes the whole offense to understand what is going on and then to execute. Problem is that it reduces the amount of time Josh has to throw, but it also leaves openings make plays. Those plays need to be identified and then Josh needs to get the ball out quick. They can also go max protect and send receivers deep to beat this, which Buffalo tried and failed. Josh over threw the receiver multiple times. They'll figure it out, I think.

I agree with everything you are saying here. I guess my question is does Pitts have the coverage guys to play cover 0 which is all man coverage. They might but I don’t think as well as Baltimore and NE. 

pittsburg does blitz like 30% of the time but it’s not all out blitzing like cover 0. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I agree with everything you are saying here. I guess my question is does Pitts have the coverage guys to play cover 0 which is all man coverage. They might but I don’t think as well as Baltimore and NE. 

pittsburg does blitz like 30% of the time but it’s not all out blitzing like cover 0. 

no, they dont. Which is why they dont run it. They do blitz a lot but its not sell out, its an extra LB or they really like blitzing off the slot corner. They will bring pressure, but it wont be like Balt/NE

• Thanks! (+1) 1

Just now, PaattMaann said:

no, they dont. Which is why they dont run it. They do blitz a lot but its not sell out, its an extra LB or they really like blitzing off the slot corner. They will bring pressure, but it wont be like Balt/NE

That’s what I thought. Thanks for confirming. 

• Like (+1) 1

27-23 Bills. Steelers get a late score to make it seem closer than it appears. The rookie is going to get confused in this game and his media halo will disappear. 

So if we stick to our trend...

3 Wins - Loss

2 Wins - Loss

1 Win - Loss

3 Wins - Loss

That brings us to this weekend...

2 Wins (Pitt and NE) - Loss (Jets) Resting starters.

I'd take that! :beer:

If it continues into the post season we will win 1 playoff game before losing.

:(

got to EARN this W, Steelers usually don't show up unprepared and rinsed out beyond caring

Based on Twitter Reports

Bills will be in their White on Blues 

Steelers (confirmed by Steelers Twitter) Will be in their All Black Color Rush

• Like (+1) 1

It’s going to be low scoring.... 16-13 Bills...

We have to run, Gore needs to play big... but I can see this team losing out. No playoffs.  That said $90M in cap space will not do this team anything cause we will be laughed at. 

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Confused 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

It’s going to be low scoring.... 16-13 Bills...

We have to run, Gore needs to play big... but I can see this team losing out. No playoffs.  That said $90M in cap space will not do this team anything cause we will be laughed at. 

look at THIS guy go!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Good question. It is a copy cat league though. Teams look at tape to see what works. I suspect that against Buffalo, the Steelers will blitz more than their typical 30%. Still, you are right that they run zone coverages. Pittsburgh will have their own variation certainly but they'll likely bring some heat. The hot read will be important. Continuing to attempt the deep pass to get the D to back off is important too. I believe the Bills offense has been progressing nicely throughout the season but have struggled mightily against the blitz and cover 0 in particular.

15 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

i think he already did vs Dallas. IMHO

What I meant was pittsburgh and bills are built the same but we got the better qb there on there 3 qb. So if our teams are pretty equal shouldn’t Allen be the wild card and we win. So everyone picking Pitt to win is basically saying duck is better 

28 - Bills

13 - Steelers

Bounce back game for the offense. Steelers get eaten alive on offense.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

Bills 20 

steelers 10 

i just dont see a way that Duck scores more than 10 on this defense. So as long as our offense can score more than that, we should be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills 27

Steelers 6

I have a really good feeling about this one. The last game I felt this good about was the 2nd Miami game.

4 hours ago, 97bills said:

What I meant was pittsburgh and bills are built the same but we got the better qb there on there 3 qb. So if our teams are pretty equal shouldn’t Allen be the wild card and we win. So everyone picking Pitt to win is basically saying duck is better 

I don’t think the Bills and Steelers are built quite the same. Their D has more playmakers that cause havoc, create takeaways and score. Their QB is more limited, but doesn’t have to do as much because he has better tools around him that can win the game for them. Allen’s effectiveness will be severely limited by the Steelers defense. He won’t be able to win the game as a caretaker , handing the ball off and throwing safe passes, as those won’t be available to him. Daboll has yet to ride Singletary to a win. So what the Steelers bring as a whole ( not just Duck, as he isn’t facing Allen) is a bit better ( at home) than what the Bills bring. Matchups matter in football.