Baldy breaks down the Edmunds pick. Kid is just special. Enjoy

JerseyBills

12 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

I am not quite yet sold.  He is a a little short on the run plugger side.......he can run them down sideline to sideline, but straight at him, and he doesn't get there like a Spielman would.  So, I am still waiting until he  can play that role like a MLB should be able.......

Image result for fred sanford gif

He's steadily improved as the season has gone on. Yeah, at times he struggles to shed blocks but no player wins every rep in a game. Sometimes the opponent does a good job, simple as that. Sometimes the expectations on this board baffle me. It's as if these guys are busts unless they perform like a perennial All-Pro from day one. Edmunds has flashed quite a bit lately and I'd like to see them start getting a little creative with him as a pass rusher because he has those skills as well. 

13 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) Tweeted:
.@BuffaloBills @maine_savage23 @steelers @_Dbush11 are both just 21 year old QB’s of their defenses. Lead their team in tackles and the talent is off the page. What were you doing when you were 21!? #BaldysBreakdowns https://t.co/pxFcReVaGG

Am I the only one who didn't know he tipped that pass as well?!? Like Baldy said, that's one of the great defensive plays I've seen all year! Edmunds has been popping off the screen lately. I think he'll be an ALL PRO by the end of next year, at 22! 

I've never heard his teammates or coaches not just rave about him when broughten up. He's a special, unique talent. Guys like him at mlb , surrounded by great talent is a great way to build a Championship level defense.

Imagine him and Kuechley on the field? 

:worthy:?:wub::death:

tenor.gif?itemid=7307515

Add in TJ Watt please

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

I am not quite yet sold.  He is a a little short on the run plugger side.......he can run them down sideline to sideline, but straight at him, and he doesn't get there like a Spielman would.  So, I am still waiting until he  can play that role like a MLB should be able.......

In today's NFL, this comment is the equivalent of, sure, Aaron Rodgers can throw it all over the field, but he just doesn't hand it off to the RB cleanly enough. 

14 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) Tweeted:
.@BuffaloBills @maine_savage23 @steelers @_Dbush11 are both just 21 year old QB’s of their defenses. Lead their team in tackles and the talent is off the page. What were you doing when you were 21!? #BaldysBreakdowns https://t.co/pxFcReVaGG

Am I the only one who didn't know he tipped that pass as well?!? Like Baldy said, that's one of the great defensive plays I've seen all year! Edmunds has been popping off the screen lately. I think he'll be an ALL PRO by the end of next year, at 22! 

I've never heard his teammates or coaches not just rave about him when broughten up. He's a special, unique talent. Guys like him at mlb , surrounded by great talent is a great way to build a Championship level defense.

Imagine him and Kuechley on the field? 

Within the first few weeks of his first training camp the other veteran defensive players were saying this kid is going to be in the HOF some day.  And they weren't kidding when they said it, they were being dead serious.

We are all starting to see what they have been watching since Day 1 now...

• Like (+1) 1

Holy ***** am I happy you aren't making personnel decisions for this team. 

That is becoming increasingly irrelevant in today's NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

And Spielman (who I loved) would not have a PRAYER of covering sideline to sideline or in the secondary the way Edmunds does

Its a different kid of middle linebacker

Edmunds rankings in the NFL among LB's through 13 games:

Tackles: 17th (tied with one guy)

Sacks: Tied with many for 75th with 1.5

Interceptions: Tied with many for 14th with 1 

Passes defensed: Tied with several for 6th with 9

Credited with a safety

Not credited with any forced or recovered fumbles yet this season. 

I'm hoping next year he can start to impact in more 'game changing' ways with more picks, sacks, and forced fumbles. That heads-up pick of Lamar Jackson being a great example. 

Heck, maybe in the next 3+ weeks. 

8 hours ago, blacklabel said:

He's steadily improved as the season has gone on. Yeah, at times he struggles to shed blocks but no player wins every rep in a game. Sometimes the opponent does a good job, simple as that. Sometimes the expectations on this board baffle me. It's as if these guys are busts unless they perform like a perennial All-Pro from day one. Edmunds has flashed quite a bit lately and I'd like to see them start getting a little creative with him as a pass rusher because he has those skills as well. 

He's starting to use his size to his advantage in this. He definitely has a tendency to let blockers into his frame where he can get lost, but utilizing his length...I mean look at this. Scary good.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He's starting to use his size to his advantage in this. He definitely has a tendency to let blockers into his frame where he can get lost, but utilizing his length...I mean look at this. Scary good.

He started the season on fire. Had an odd mid season lull but he is playing really well again now. A reminder, if one is needed, that for young players progress is not always linear. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, billspro said:

Do we really need to care about this for the one game a year we get exploited by a good running team?

Well, it certainly wasn't a poor run D effort against Baltimore, so the timing is odd. Edmunds has been playing very well for a few weeks. I was skeptical about his ability to play MLB, but that is subsiding.

Philly we got exploited. The run D and Edmunds as a whole played well on Sunday, so it's an odd thread. The Chris Spielman reference was out of left field, so at least I got a decent laugh out of the post.

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/11/2019 at 12:39 PM, matter2003 said:

That is becoming increasingly irrelevant in today's NFL.

On 12/11/2019 at 12:49 PM, John from Riverside said:

And Spielman (who I loved) would not have a PRAYER of covering sideline to sideline or in the secondary the way Edmunds does

Its a different kid of middle linebacker

Edmunds tackling vs. the run was on display vs. the Patriots and he had a poor game. Credited with 4 missed tackles. 

Sorry, as a middle LB he needs to be better than that. He's young and it may be improving but it's still the hole in his game. 

2 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Edmunds tackling vs. the run was on display vs. the Patriots and he had a poor game. Credited with 4 missed tackles. 

Sorry, as a middle LB he needs to be better than that. He's young and it may be improving but it's still the hole in his game. 

People really don’t like hearing criticism on certain players. He has had a better season but he still has room for growth, I think he will get there eventually. 

Edited by Rocbillsfan1

1 hour ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

People really don’t like hearing criticism on certain players. He has had a better season but he still has room for growth, I think he will get their eventually. 

I hope so. Or they figure out how to better optimize his talents, which may be differently than how he's being utilized thus far.