Baldy breaks down the Edmunds pick. Kid is just special. Enjoy

JerseyBills

Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) Tweeted:
.@BuffaloBills @maine_savage23 @steelers @_Dbush11 are both just 21 year old QB’s of their defenses. Lead their team in tackles and the talent is off the page. What were you doing when you were 21!? #BaldysBreakdowns https://t.co/pxFcReVaGG

Am I the only one who didn't know he tipped that pass as well?!? Like Baldy said, that's one of the great defensive plays I've seen all year! Edmunds has been popping off the screen lately. I think he'll be an ALL PRO by the end of next year, at 22! 

I've never heard his teammates or coaches not just rave about him when broughten up. He's a special, unique talent. Guys like him at mlb , surrounded by great talent is a great way to build a Championship level defense.

Imagine him and Kuechley on the field? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I am not quite yet sold.  He is a a little short on the run plugger side.......he can run them down sideline to sideline, but straight at him, and he doesn't get there like a Spielman would.  So, I am still waiting until he  can play that role like a MLB should be able.......

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I am not quite yet sold.  He is a a little short on the run plugger side.......he can run them down sideline to sideline, but straight at him, and he doesn't get there like a Spielman would.  So, I am still waiting until he  can play that role like a MLB should be able.......

Ok. You let us know when you approve.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 19
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

56 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

I think the last 4 games he has done a much better job attacking the A/B gap . He has turned into a complete LB and his coverage ability and length make him a Nightmare in the middle of the field. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

lol

It's hard to discuss Edmunds on this board because it is difficult to separate criticism/evaluation of his play now vs his potential given how young he is.  He has been up and down this year. He is playing better than last year for the most part which is encouraging.  I've posted many times I think he would be the best OLB in the league given his speed/size combination.  But his coaches at the college and NFL level who know much more than I feel he is a MLB.  I would love to see the BIlls clinch their playoff seeding and the Jets game to not matter. I would then love to see Lorax at MLB and Edmunds at OLB.  Just for a half.  I think he would be a terror.  

Given his youth, the sky is the limit for this kid.  If he continues to develop and just gets a half second faster in play recognition he will be amazing.  Should be fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 2

This Sunday should be a proud moment for his parents. He has 2 brothers that play for the Steelers (Trey is a RB and Terrell is a Safety). 

Imagine being a dad watching your sons playing pro football on the same field. Chills and goosebumps............ Followed by a tear running down the right cheek.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Do we really need to care about this for the one game a year we get exploited by a good running team?

6 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I’ve only bought one active players jersey, ever, and it’s #49.

I won a Posluszny jersey one year, but they traded him a few weeks later. lol

I own an Allen jersey now. LIke Edmonds, I hope they're both Bills stars for a decade or more.

Go Bills! Let's 'steel' a victory in Pittsburg & make the PLAYOFFS!

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

Remember According to some, when he couldn’t be a mlb and the bills were supposed to move him to olb, I would have never thought a 21 year old  would ever improve and learn with experience.

No instincts and will be out of the league in a few years because he'll get worn down.

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, DJB said:

He's improving which is what matters. I still think he needs to attack the ball carrier more aggressively/ angrier. 

Hopefully he gets there!

I believe he will.  He is still ver young and improving.  It’s very rare for a rookie or even second year player to immediately become the captain of the defense.

9 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

I are not sold yet too...Not as fast as peterman. 

Edmunds makes some great plays and still has a ton of upside. 

Acknowledging he is still, at times, slow to recognize the right gap to hit and make the play in the middle of the field is a fair point. 

If you are old enough to remember watching them, think about Edmunds play in this one area (plugging the middle) compared to Fletcher, Spielman, or Conlan. It's not even close yet. The point being if he is to become truly all-world MLB so to speak, he needs that aspect to his game. It may come.