Possible Bills coaching changes in 2020 [Mod edited]

Beast

Looking at our coaching staff I really only see one solid possibility of losing a coach, and that being Ken Dorsey. With Allen’s improvement is it possible someone will offer Dorsey an OC spot to work with that teams QB and also steer their offense? Is Dorsey ready to be an OC?

Possible that Allen is more comfortable with Dorsey than Daboll and the Bills send Daboll packing and offer Dorsey the OC?

Anyone else see any possibilities? Though our defense is top notch I don’t see anyone getting poached there,

• Haha (+1) 2

Or how about Ken Dorsey being the play caller?  Daboll creates some nice plays, I suspect he has problems with when to call what plays at the right situation.  The offense would be set back if you blew up Daboll's play book, but I don't think he should be calling plays.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Ken Dorsey is way over-rated.  How could anyone not be a great QB coach with Cam Newton in his younger years?  After being fired by the Panthers Dorsey was hired in March 26, 2018 to be the assistant director of athletics for the Florida International University sports program.

Our present head coach pulled him out of the minor leagues to be the Bills QB coach. As an Offensive Coordinator with no NFL experience in that role seems to be a reach. 

• Like (+1) 7

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Or how about Ken Dorsey being the play caller?  Daboll creates some nice plays, I suspect he has problems with when to call what plays at the right situation.  The offense would be set back if you blew up Daboll's play book, but I don't think he should be calling plays.

Funny you say that. It's not necessarily the plays he has in his arsenal,  but the incredibly stupid times he uses them. Keep the playbook,  add Dorsey and let him supplement it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Oh God....I just made a potentially horrible realization.  Is Daboll so bad at calling the right play because he never learned how, because he always had all the signals to know what's coming??? Ohhhh no.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why wouldn’t the Bills just block teams from interviewing Dorsey for a coordinator position?

Kind of an unwritten rule i think. Typically people don't want to work for a company that blocks your career advancement. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Frazier gets some looks for a HC. After we lost what's his name..Petite?...to the browns a few years ago nothing will.

3 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

Kind of an unwritten rule i think. Typically people don't want to work for a company that blocks your career advancement. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Frazier gets some looks for a HC. After we lost what's his name..Petite?...to the browns a few years ago nothing will.

Nonetheless, the Bills don’t have to let teams interview him for coordinator positions. Teams block guys all the time. If the Bills feel he’s crucial to Josh’s development they should (and will) hold firm on Dorsey. They can even hand him more money to keep him happy.

I think Frazier and Daboll are going to get interviews. I don’t know if either will be hired but they will be considered. 

• Like (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think Frazier and Daboll are going to get interviews. I don’t know if either will be hired but they will be considered. 

I know it's been 8-10 years or so since Frazier was coaching the Vikings, but don't people remember just how bad a job he did with the Vikings, save one season?  I can't fathom anyone considering Daboll, at least this point.

Edited by Happy Gilmore
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’d say less than 5%. 

Would be horrible to start 9-3 and finish 9-7. That is the only scenario we miss the playoffs. I don’t see that happening but if Allen implodes and continues his 40% completion percentage in loses we need to draft a new QB & hopefully McD is spared.

10 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Would be horrible to start 9-3 and finish 9-7. That is the only scenario we miss the playoffs. I don’t see that happening but if Allen implodes and continues his 40% completion percentage in loses we need to draft a new QB & hopefully McD is spared.

Even in the unlikely event that the Bills finish 9-7 , I’d be shocked if the Bills drafted a QB and even more so if they moved on from McD. The offensive rebuild wasn’t complete this season, they’re still a couple players away from being a potent offense. I expect them to address it in FA and the draft 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Even in the unlikely event that the Bills finish 9-7 , I’d be shocked if the Bills drafted a QB and even more so if they moved on from McD. The offensive rebuild wasn’t complete this season, they’re still a couple players away from being a potent offense. I expect them to address it in FA and the draft 

I see us two years out with Allen due to lack of TE, WR, RT, RG, & RB depth behind Singletary. 

7 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Looking at our coaching staff I really only see one solid possibility of losing a coach, and that being Ken Dorsey. With Allen’s improvement is it possible someone will offer Dorsey an OC spot to work with that teams QB and also steer their offense? Is Dorsey ready to be an OC?

Possible that Allen is more comfortable with Dorsey than Daboll and the Bills send Daboll packing and offer Dorsey the OC?

Anyone else see any possibilities? Though our defense is top notch I don’t see anyone getting poached there,

It’s wishful thinking that the Bills send Daboll

packing.  It won’t happen.  He is far from perfect but he’s also not as bad as some fans want you to be believe.  A big part of the offensive struggles is Josh Allen - whether fans want to admit it or not.  But he’s  also made strides this year.  

Only way Daboll leaves is If someone gives him a HC position.   

• Like (+1) 4