Wk 15- BUF +2 @ PITT

GoBills808

14 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I'm nervous about this game.  Buffalo hasn't won there since 1975 in reg season

How many games and how many players are left from the last few losses?  This is one of those meaningless stats when teams go years without playing each other at the same place.  Even the stadium is different than 44 years ago.  44 years ago Joe Ferguson was the QB.  I not only doubt he and any of the Bills QBs who played in those losses are playing Sunday night, I'm sure none of them are.  Most of

the players on the field Sunday weren't even born when many of those losses occurred for the past 44 years.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

11 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

How many games and how many players are left from the last few losses?  This is one of those meaningless stats when teams go years without playing each other at the same place.  Even the stadium is different than 44 years ago.  44 years ago Joe Ferguson was the QB.  I not only doubt he and any of the Bills QBs who played in those losses are playing Sunday night, I'm sure none of them are.  Most of

the players on the field Sunday weren't even born when many of those losses occurred for the past 44 years.

Fair point. For example, the Bills had a five game home winning streak vs PIT from 1986 through 1999. These kind of things happen when teams don’t play each other regularly. 

43 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He said regular season. 

1975 was OJ's best season. He had nearly 200 more yards from scrimmage than in the 1973 season, and he had 23 TDs in 1975 to 12 in 1973.  He averaged 15.2 yards per reception that season! Just unstoppable.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SimpO.00.htm

One of the greatest seasons by a player in league history, regardless of position.  Even more impressive because EVERY opposing D player keyed on him. Every. Play. 

• Like (+1) 1

If the Bills are serious about making the playoffs they should slap Pittsburgh hard and win fairly easily in a Broncos like, game never in doubt sort of way. Pittsburgh's offense is terrible, like the Broncos(well, pre-Drew Locke apparently).  Bills should be able to shut that down fairly easily.  

Only thing the Bills need to watch out for are turnovers and special teams, but especially turnovers...Pittsburgh takes the ball away a lot on D and is a really good +11 in turnover differential.  If the Bills don't turn the ball over and don't give up big ST plays, I don't see a scenario where Pittsburgh can win.  They likely won't make it past 13 points.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I mean - 2 points is borderline pick-em game.  The games in Pittsburgh, in primetime.  They've won 4 straight at home, 7 of 8 overall.  Their last 5 wins were by fewer than 1 score.  

I hope it goes to +7 Bills..if i a going to bet the moneyline, the bigger the dog the better! Only +110 right now on Bovada, maybe move up during the week.

And BTW, how very strange to have to scroll to the bottom of the table to find the Bills game.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I put 9 units on the Bills money line @ +108 & 5 units on the points (+2) @ -110.  Total wager 14 units, possible return 28.27 units.   

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I hope it goes to +7 Bills..if i a going to bet the moneyline, the bigger the dog the better! Only +110 right now on Bovada, maybe move up during the week.

And BTW, how very strange to have to scroll to the bottom of the table to find the Bills game.

Lines don't move from 2 on Wednesday to 7 on Sunday without a QB change.  

7 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I put 9 units on the Bills money line @ +108 & 5 units on the points (+2) @ -110.  Total wager 14 units, possible return 28.27 units.   

Lines don't move from 2 on Wednesday to 7 on Sunday without a QB change.  

oh i know, was just busting on the  guy who was "outraged" the Bills were getting points. Same as if I like a horse, give me 30-1 odds instead of 5-1. If I like the Bills in the game, which I do, would love to see a bigger + number on the moneyline.

Well just locked in on moneyline, ticked up this AM and I got the Bills+120. That's good enough to start for me, we will see if it gets into the +130 range and I'll take more if there's movement later in the week. Feeling decent about my two teamer Bills+2/under getting 3-1...especially w/Connor and JJSS still dinged up. Their TE McDonald also got concussed but unsure how big a role he would have played vs Bills anyway. 

Other plays I have or am considering (feel free to follow...or NOT lmao I will not be held liable for any losses suffered from reading my gambling advice)

-JETS +600 @Ravens: OK worst play first lol...I am a sucker for big underperforming dogs and the Jets have talent, Ravens are due for a letdown w/Jackson apparently banged up, yaddayaddayadda whatever give me +600 and take my $$, this is still an NFL game right??? 

-VIKINGS -140 @Chargers: Think this is a bad matchup for SD and they can keep in close enough w/the offense but Vikings are battling for position and I don't see them letting this one slip by. 

-RAMS -120 @Cowboys: Don't like Dallas and I think they're crumbling. Meanwhile Rams are starting to figure things out and other than getting barnstormed by BALT the other week have actually been playing decent defense. This one actually opened w/Rams getting points and I hope @Mike in Horseheadsgot all of that before they took it down as he's the one who saw early line and alerted the good sb folks lol

-SAINTS -8.5 vsColts: I'm laying the points no problem, think the Saints cover and comfortably

-BEARS +175 @Packers: My upset. Think they can outmuscle GB and get enough out of Trubisky et al to win outright. Also have a hail mary Jets/Bears moneyline parlay that is basically lighting money on fire but what the hell...maybe @plenzmd1can talk me out of these into some better plays lmao

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Well just locked in on moneyline, ticked up this AM and I got the Bills+120. That's good enough to start for me, we will see if it gets into the +130 range and I'll take more if there's movement later in the week. Feeling decent about my two teamer Bills+2/under getting 3-1...especially w/Connor and JJSS still dinged up. Their TE McDonald also got concussed but unsure how big a role he would have played vs Bills anyway. 

Other plays I have or am considering (feel free to follow...or NOT lmao I will not be held liable for any losses suffered from reading my gambling advice)

-JETS +600 @Ravens: OK worst play first lol...I am a sucker for big underperforming dogs and the Jets have talent, Ravens are due for a letdown w/Jackson apparently banged up, yaddayaddayadda whatever give me +600 and take my $$, this is still an NFL game right??? 

-VIKINGS -140 @Chargers: Think this is a bad matchup for SD and they can keep in close enough w/the offense but Vikings are battling for position and I don't see them letting this one slip by. 

-RAMS -120 @Cowboys: Don't like Dallas and I think they're crumbling. Meanwhile Rams are starting to figure things out and other than getting barnstormed by BALT the other week have actually been playing decent defense. This one actually opened w/Rams getting points and I hope @Mike in Horseheadsgot all of that before they took it down as he's the one who saw early line and alerted the good sb folks lol

-SAINTS -8.5 vsColts: I'm laying the points no problem, think the Saints cover and comfortably

-BEARS +175 @Packers: My upset. Think they can outmuscle GB and get enough out of Trubisky et al to win outright. Also have a hail mary Jets/Bears moneyline parlay that is basically lighting money on fire but what the hell...maybe @plenzmd1can talk me out of these into some better plays lmao

Thanks 808. Sadly I didn't get the Rams and points as Bovada had taken it down.  I like this!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

I never lay points or minus $ on moneylines. I like your thoughts on the Jets for a baby bet, and I do mean a baby bet!, I LOVE the Bears, will do some kind of ML parley as well Bears/Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1