2020 Cap Projections

JoeF

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

·

1m

The NFL informed clubs today that projections for the 2020 salary cap are in the range of $196.8 million to $201.2 million. This marks a 40% increase from five years ago in the 2015 season ($143.3 million).

JoeF note--Projected cap on Sportrac is $199M (essentially about the mid-point) and team figures include projected rollover.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2020/

Bills have the room to extend some key folks, lock up the 5th year option on TreDe and get a selectively busy in the open market.

Edited by JoeF
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

We seem to do well finding contributors in the second and third waves of FA, or at least among second and third tier guys. That being said, I'd be fine if they dropped a hefty sum on someone like Yannick Ngakoue from Jacksonville. 

Please, no. I'm good with spending money on a pass rusher, but he's the epitome of a player who plays when he feels like it. 

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Please, no. I'm good with spending money on a pass rusher, but he's the epitome of a player who plays when he feels like it. 

Where are you getting that from?  - Not arguing, just curious. 

Edited by whatdrought

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Money there for Spain and J. Phillips if they want to take a reasonable deal and play for a contender...

It will be the big question going into FA next year.  I think both may sign with reasonable numbers.

I know a lot of people think Phillips will get big $s but I'm not so sure and I think he would like to stay in Buffalo.

Spain is an unknown as to his worth, some team may want to sign him for good money but we will have to see.

• Thank you (+1) 1

DE is gonna be a need.  I think we cut Murphy and hopefully Shaq will take his money (maybe 1.5 mil more).  Then I think we sign Ngakoue or Judon.  Sorta dont think they extend J. Phillips.  If you do FA right you should get a ~3rd round comp pick for him.  I would give Liuget J Phillips old deal and then we have a healthy rotation of Star (hes not going anywhere next year), Ed, H Phillips, Liuget.  

Theres a bunch of UFA that I would resign including Spain, K Johnson, Spencer long, and maybe waddle (might be better for comp picks if you let him walk and while is a quality backup swing tackle he seems replaceable).  

After that extend as many of Milano, White, Poyer, (maybe) Dawkins as you can.  

Edited by YattaOkasan