A very Khalil Mack Christmas

PromoTheRobot

15 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Stores still have layaway?? ? I worked at kmart years ago and remember pallets and pallets of ***** that would get put on layaway then never payed for, so thought they did away with. Cool that no one will have to restock all that ***** and people will have a merry christmas thanks to Mack!

My first thought as well. I haven't heard the word layaway in a decade. 

10 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

My first thought as well. I haven't heard the word layaway in a decade. 

You're probably not living paycheck-to-paycheck.

9 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I’m struggling with the term layaway. Not one we use over here. What does it mean please? 

It's for people who don't have good enough credit. You buy something but the store keeps it and you pay installments until it's paid in full. Then you get it.  The poor man's credit card.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Dopey said:

I know hindsight is 20/20 but, Sammy Watkins? And traded up for him?

Mack was who I wanted us to trade up for and I was pretty pissed we did it for Sammy. It's even worse now cause Sammy isn't anywhere as good as Evans and the train wreck that is OBJ.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not far from it but that's not even the point. 

I remember always seeing signs at the store and TV ads about it every year during the winter. Now it's apparently something you need to ask for is what I was getting at. 

13 minutes ago, BritBill said:

I’m struggling with the term layaway. Not one we use over here. What does it mean please? 

You buy something and make payments on it until you've paid in full. Then they give you what you bought. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Mack was who I wanted us to trade up for and I was pretty pissed we did it for Sammy. It's even worse now cause Sammy isn't anywhere as good as Evans and the train wreck that is OBJ.

Looking back at that class it’s amazing: 

Evans 

obj 

Landry 

Devante Adams 

Cooks 

Allen Robinson 

all more productive carrerrs than the first one off of the board. 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, BritBill said:

It basically for people that can't afford something now and pay it over time  (interest free) and once it's paid off they get said item as place of purchase stored it away for them.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's for people who don't have good enough credit. You buy something but the store keeps it and you pay installments until it's paid in full. Then you get it.  The poor man's credit card.

We used it for years.  We had credit cards and good credit.  Layaway has no interest, nor does it have a fee (at least not when we did it at Walmart/KMart).  It was a Godsend back when things were tight.

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

It basically for people that can't afford something now and pay it over time  (interest free) and once it's paid off they get said item as place of purchase stored it away for them.

I would love to see it come back in more places. Most people dont realize if you put 10$ a week aside in 5 weeks you have 50$. If you have 50$ you can purchase something for 50$. Most people today look at something thst is 50$, buy it on their Master Card thst has 500$ on it already and thst 50$ item cost them 300 over time.