She don't eat meat, but sure sure likes the bone

Gary M

It's all about balance.

You can't go eating just fruits and vegetables, the same way you can't go just eating only meat. Either diet is going to require you to have to eat supplements or take other vitamins to get what your missing from what your not eating. People always come out saying how great they felt the first day making a huge switch in their diet like this, usually it's because they are getting stuff they weren't before, or getting an overload of some vitamin or nutrient. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gary M said:

Truly Amazing how that steak changes from one type to another during cooking !!! 

and

Hell  ya 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

It's all about balance.

You can't go eating just fruits and vegetables, the same way you can't go just eating only meat. Either diet is going to require you to have to eat supplements or take other vitamins to get what your missing from what your not eating. People always come out saying how great they felt the first day making a huge switch in their diet like this, usually it's because they are getting stuff they weren't before, or getting an overload of some vitamin or nutrient. 

Amazes me how many idiots jump on these fad diets where they only eat one thing.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Amazes me how many idiots jump on these fad diets where they only eat one thing.

Its Crazy how these Fad diets get out there and people believe them

All you need is some crazy idea, and a 'Doctor/Scientist' willing to explain how its going to work for you

Most give you a short term loss that makes you think its working (the quicker and bigger the loss the more likely your going to believe it works.

Then you believe it, and tell everyone you know it really works and others believe it too and try it.

41 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Its Crazy how these Fad diets get out there and people believe them

All you need is some crazy idea, and a 'Doctor/Scientist' willing to explain how its going to work for you

Most give you a short term loss that makes you think its working (the quicker and bigger the loss the more likely your going to believe it works.

Then you believe it, and tell everyone you know it really works and others believe it too and try it.

For years my parents, sibs, inlaws and kids did an annual beach vacation and as there were six couples it was easy to each take a night to cook for the group.  I recall one night my brother grilled up all this gorgeous salmon and swordfish for everyone,  a fantastic meal.   My sister's idiot (now ex) husband was then on the 'Atkins diet' and declared that he needed to eat something with more fat and protein, so while we all feasted on fresh grilled fish, corn, bread, salad, etc.., he made himself a plate of breakfast sausages covered in American cheese for dinner.  We laugh about it to this day.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, KD in CA said:

For years my parents, sibs, inlaws and kids did an annual beach vacation and as there were six couples it was easy to each take a night to cook for the group.  I recall one night my brother grilled up all this gorgeous salmon and swordfish for everyone,  a fantastic meal.   My sister's idiot (now ex) husband was then on the 'Atkins diet' and declared that he needed to eat something with more fat and protein, so while we all feasted on fresh grilled fish, corn, bread, salad, etc.., he made himself a plate of breakfast sausages covered in American cheese for dinner.  We laugh about it to this day.

Salmon and swordfish weren't enough for his Atkins urge?    Idiot.  

8 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Meat does make your poo smelly and worse... But eat something real fatty, greasy and it slides on thru! 

Take that vegans & vegs!  But, I will concede the French onion soup as next best meatless option... If you let me melt a big piece of mozzarella on top! 

veggies make my poo smelly and worse

Try Asparagus ....  talk about odoriferous 

• Haha (+1) 1

It takes research and effort for a vegetarian to get a balanced diet, especially when it comes to protein. You can’t just eat things that taste good.  The classic “beans and rice” recipe for getting protein is an example.  A pretty, young girl may not like the side effects of beans, but they are important. I would be curious to know what her vegetarian diet really contained. 

Oh, and yes, and Lordy I hope there are tapes.

First off, if you care or listen to anything a self-proclaimed "influencer" is saying, you've already lost.

Second, she again shows her stupidity by going from one extreme to the other.

Humans arent carnivores or herbivores, we're omnivores. Which means we need a balance of both.

The bigger deal would be cutting out processed foods and sugars from your diet. That's all it really takes to make a huge step in eating healthier and feeling better.

• Like (+1) 4

I have a friend that I played a lot of golf with about 10 years ago.  Was not a great eater (a little pudge like most Americans).  He radically changed his diet and started exercising.  Lost like 50 pounds.  He became a pretty strict vegetarian.  Hadn't seen him in years, got the urge to play golf, so called him up.  We met at the course and he looked heavier than ever.  We go out start playing, I ask him if he's still a vegetarian, etc.  He says "hell no - made me get fat again.  I was eating chips and bagels and peanut butter and jelly all day long.  As long as it wasn't meat, I was eating it - and a lot of it."  It made me happy being a fat guy, haha.  We went to the best BBQ joint in town and ate like real men after the round!!!

13 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I think my wife's done that one in the past, when we first met she was vegetarian and then started eating chicken only. Now she's been into Keto for a while and I have read stuff about that and don't see how it can be healthy.

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think my wife's done that one in the past, when we first met she was vegetarian and then started eating chicken only. Now she's been into Keto for a while and I have read stuff about that and don't see how it can be healthy.

Oh yeah, I recently meet a very cocky guy who was all in on the Keto diet.  He already looks like he could run a marathon without breaking a sweat.

But that's nothing compared to the other guy I met recently who was doing the 'Kambo cleanse' -- where you burn your skin to allow you to inject monkey frog poison directly into your bloodstream (no, seriously).   He looked like a junkie with the track marks on his arm.  

8 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Oh yeah, I recently meet a very cocky guy who was all in on the Keto diet.  He already looks like he could run a marathon without breaking a sweat.

But that's nothing compared to the other guy I met recently who was doing the 'Kambo cleanse' -- where you burn your skin to allow you to inject monkey frog poison directly into your bloodstream (no, seriously).   He looked like a junkie with the track marks on his arm.  

From what I had read on it, the quick weight loss you get from it is from mostly water weight that you lose. once you drop that its not easy to lose more and its why when you go off it, you put a bunch back on. The only thing I found on it that says its actually beneficial for is they noticed it helps children with epilepsy I believe.