Dallas Stars Fire Jim Montgomery

CowgirlsFan

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

The sketchy reports coming out indicate that the transgression doesn't have much to do with the new code of conduct. 

Trust me, anything less than sexual assault or murder before the code of conduct this would be swept under the rug if they wanted it to be, 

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Trust me, anything less than sexual assault or murder before the code of conduct this would be swept under the rug if they wanted it to be, 

In very recent times the tolerance for sexual harassment or even sexual/verbal misconduct is no longer tolerated, not only in the sports business but in all workplaces. Look what happened with one of the top front office people with the Astros who treated a female press person in a condescending manner? He was quickly dispatched.

I'm aware that it is unfair to speculate but I will offer a guess. It probably has to do with how a woman was treated. I suspect that it is because they are trying to keep this issue private out of respect for someone else.  

3 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Maybe so but us Texas Rangers fans have yet to know why former manager Ron Washington was fired.

Wasn't it Coke, and not the Cola kind?

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

In very recent times the tolerance for sexual harassment or even sexual/verbal misconduct is no longer tolerated, not only in the sports business but in all workplaces. Look what happened with one of the top front office people with the Astros who treated a female press person in a condescending manner? He was quickly dispatched.

I'm aware that it is unfair to speculate but I will offer a guess. It probably has to do with how a woman was treated. I suspect that it is because they are trying to keep this issue private out of respect for someone else.  

It wasn't that quickly, the Astros tried to deny it happening and even said the woman made it up, then recordings came out and he was fired then......

• Like (+1) 1

This is an interesting situation.  It sounds like this doesn't have anything to do with player abuse.

Dallas has stated no current or former Star player was involved.

And yet this is definitely related to the "New NHL" trying to keep a squeaky clean image.

Sounds like some previous "bad act" was reported to/discovered by the team and they decided they couldn't let it slide in the current environment.  As to what it specifically was, who knows.

The Finnish tweet reference above about alcohol and perhaps some related crime or at least questionable conduct makes as much sense as anything.