Jump to content
The Frankish Reich

The Patriots Have a Tom Brady Problem

Recommended Posts

I dislike Brady as much as the next guy, but the tape says otherwise.   He can still make every throw, including the deep out.  He can still drop them in the bucket 40 yards down field.  He's still....very much dangerous. 

 

The real problem is Edelman is the only real threat.  No Gordon, no Gronk, no AB, and a rookie who was hurt most of the year.  

 

His mobility has always sucked, but his pocket presence is still there as well as pocket movements...albeit slower than it once was. 

 

Here's his tape...there is nothing wrong with his arm. 

 

 

Throwing it away is the smart thing to do when recievers aren't open, especially when the defense is playing as well as they are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dopey said:

I am glad a downfall appears to be on the horizon, but I'm seeing terrible offensive personnel as the biggest issue. Gronk is gone, the oline is really banged up and a below avg group of wrs. Sure, Brady is 42 and on the decline, but if he still had a Gronk type TE, a healthy oline, and even our WRs, they beat the Chiefs and probably the Texans. Ravens still smoke em.

 

Hey I heard from Pissed Fans that they got a great RT Bills dumped!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pats bigger problem will be losses to the Bengals, Bills and Dolphins in the next three weeks and having to go as a wild card team.

 

Now excuse me while I refill my crack pipe.

Edited by IronyAbounds
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

This would have been Jimmy G's 6th year on the bench, with a likely 7th coming next year. 

 

 

Since they drafted Jimmy G, NE has appeared in 4 SBs and won 2.  2 of those appearances the last 2 seasons since they traded him away. 

 

As stated above, unless Brady (whos is still running a top 10 scoring and passing offense on a 10-3 team) retires this off season, Garappolo would be siting indefinitely on the bench.  What would be the point of that?

I think Jimmy G would be playing RIGHT NOW if he were on the roster, but yes, they didn't have the option of retaining him and he wouldn't have taken over for Brady during the seasons you mention.

 

That being said, I would be SHOCKED if Brady came back for another season. Completely shocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Be it 1 game a season or 16, when Gronkowski was on the field defenses were perplexed.

 

Greatest TE ever.....so far.

 

One of the greatest, for sure.

 

My point was that they won without him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pats*** fans taking this as a very bad sign...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think Jimmy G would be playing RIGHT NOW if he were on the roster, but yes, they didn't have the option of retaining him and he wouldn't have taken over for Brady during the seasons you mention.

 

That being said, I would be SHOCKED if Brady came back for another season. Completely shocked.

 

 

Playing right now over Brady?  After sitting around on the bench for 6 years and with the team at 10-3....they would bench Brady for Garappolo??

 

The likelihood of this being true:  zero point zero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

 

Playing right now over Brady?  After sitting around on the bench for 6 years and with the team at 10-3....they would bench Brady for Garappolo??

 

The likelihood of this being true:  zero point zero.

BB is cuthroat. He has zero blanks to give about Brady's legacy and he's not an idiot. Very bright coach. He's gonna play the better QB. Unless you want to make the case that Brady is better than Jimmy G right now. Is that what you believe?

Edited by LSHMEAB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

BB is cuthroat. He has zero blanks to give about Brady's legacy and he's not an idiot. Very bright coach. He's gonna play the better QB. Unless you want to make the case that Brady is better than Jimmy G right now. Is that what you believe?

 

 

Garappollo gathering dust on the shelf for many seasons would not be better than Brady right now.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Playing right now over Brady?  After sitting around on the bench for 6 years and with the team at 10-3....they would bench Brady for Garappolo??

The likelihood of this being true:  zero point zero.

 

Who sat around on the bench for 6 years?

Garappolo was traded after notching 2 wins at the start of his 3rd season.  He looked very good, and made it clear he was not going to re-up with NE unless promised to start.

 

I have no opinion on the likelihood of Garappolo playing for Brady.  Arguably, the last 4 weeks the former has played better than the latter, but they're playing on different offenses throwing to different players.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

 

Garappollo gathering dust on the shelf for many seasons would not be better than Brady right now.  

Completely disagree, but the notion of Jimmy G riding the pine for 6 seasons would have never happened. He was gonna get bank and the Pats weren't gonna pay 2 QB's.

 

BUT, he's better right now. And believe it or not, I respect Tom Brady and don't really have animus towards him. Probably because I'm a Michigan guy. Consider him the greatest QB of all time. I watched him towards the end of last season and the zip just wasn't there. Now he's getting REALLY shaky behind the line because his body is telling his mind that he cannot absorb hits. It happens to everyone and it's happening to TB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, stevewin said:

It's so great that Brady's insecurity and ego forced their hand to get rid of a ready-made successor.  What a douche


what was the alternative? Brady would have to be gone by now. They couldn’t coexist this long.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Patriots might better have kept Brissett at this point. Jimmy G was someone that was going to create an issue eventually but nobody was going to be knocking the door down for Brissett. He turned out to be a pretty good qb and had they kept him in that system longer, he might be ready to hit the ground running and keep them on top of the division. I think the end is finally in sight for Brady but he’s still got something left. I wouldn’t want to have to play them in the playoffs but it certainly seems to be about over. I really hope the Chargers rumors are true because this thing needs to actually be over at some point. Enough is enough. Give us a look at an off-season, knowing Brady is out of the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Who sat around on the bench for 6 years?

Garappolo was traded after notching 2 wins at the start of his 3rd season.  He looked very good, and made it clear he was not going to re-up with NE unless promised to start.

 

I have no opinion on the likelihood of Garappolo playing for Brady.  Arguably, the last 4 weeks the former has played better than the latter, but they're playing on different offenses throwing to different players.

 

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Completely disagree, but the notion of Jimmy G riding the pine for 6 seasons would have never happened. He was gonna get bank and the Pats weren't gonna pay 2 QB's.

 

BUT, he's better right now. And believe it or not, I respect Tom Brady and don't really have animus towards him. Probably because I'm a Michigan guy. Consider him the greatest QB of all time. I watched him towards the end of last season and the zip just wasn't there. Now he's getting REALLY shaky behind the line because his body is telling his mind that he cannot absorb hits. It happens to everyone and it's happening to TB. 

 

Obviously this is a discussion of what would be happening now with NE if Garappolo was still a Patriot, fellas. 

 

IF he was still a Patriot, there is absolutely no way that yesterday morning, BB is benching Brady for Garappolo.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

 

IF he was still a Patriot, there is absolutely no way that yesterday morning, BB is benching Brady for Garappolo.

 

 

If that were the case, BB would be making a very poor decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

BB is cuthroat. He has zero blanks to give about Brady's legacy and he's not an idiot. Very bright coach. He's gonna play the better QB. Unless you want to make the case that Brady is better than Jimmy G right now. Is that what you believe?


meh. It’s a bit of a tough point to argue. Would JG beat out Brady on the depth chart based solely on practice reps? 
 

not sure anyone would pull that trigger on the 2 seed in December. I’m sure they’d be interested based on his now much more extensive resume, but he wouldn’t have that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KellyToTasker said:

You’ve been patient. 

I would have an all night party if we win 7-6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scribo said:

Pats*** fans taking this as a very bad sign...

 


Because he’s an insecure douchebag who still needs everyone to pay attention to him and still needs to play the ‘no one believes in me!’ card after a 20 year HOF career.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Ever since that 56-10 beating the Bills took at home in 2007 by the Patriots, I've been wanting to see the Bills get a blowout victory against the Patriots in Foxboro. Hopefully that will finally come to fruition in a couple of weeks.

Actually, I would partee for 2 days with a score of 2-0, Bills.   So sweet.  TB would squeal off in his Lamborghini.  Go Bills!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

brady has declined quickly-----but belichek keeps getting smarter. belichek greatest coach ever. lombardi and walsh tied at 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...