The Patriots Have a Tom Brady Problem

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

BB is cuthroat. He has zero blanks to give about Brady's legacy and he's not an idiot. Very bright coach. He's gonna play the better QB. Unless you want to make the case that Brady is better than Jimmy G right now. Is that what you believe?

Garappollo gathering dust on the shelf for many seasons would not be better than Brady right now.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Playing right now over Brady?  After sitting around on the bench for 6 years and with the team at 10-3....they would bench Brady for Garappolo??

The likelihood of this being true:  zero point zero.

Who sat around on the bench for 6 years?

Garappolo was traded after notching 2 wins at the start of his 3rd season.  He looked very good, and made it clear he was not going to re-up with NE unless promised to start.

I have no opinion on the likelihood of Garappolo playing for Brady.  Arguably, the last 4 weeks the former has played better than the latter, but they're playing on different offenses throwing to different players.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Garappollo gathering dust on the shelf for many seasons would not be better than Brady right now.  

Completely disagree, but the notion of Jimmy G riding the pine for 6 seasons would have never happened. He was gonna get bank and the Pats weren't gonna pay 2 QB's.

BUT, he's better right now. And believe it or not, I respect Tom Brady and don't really have animus towards him. Probably because I'm a Michigan guy. Consider him the greatest QB of all time. I watched him towards the end of last season and the zip just wasn't there. Now he's getting REALLY shaky behind the line because his body is telling his mind that he cannot absorb hits. It happens to everyone and it's happening to TB. 

The Patriots might better have kept Brissett at this point. Jimmy G was someone that was going to create an issue eventually but nobody was going to be knocking the door down for Brissett. He turned out to be a pretty good qb and had they kept him in that system longer, he might be ready to hit the ground running and keep them on top of the division. I think the end is finally in sight for Brady but he’s still got something left. I wouldn’t want to have to play them in the playoffs but it certainly seems to be about over. I really hope the Chargers rumors are true because this thing needs to actually be over at some point. Enough is enough. Give us a look at an off-season, knowing Brady is out of the way.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who sat around on the bench for 6 years?

Garappolo was traded after notching 2 wins at the start of his 3rd season.  He looked very good, and made it clear he was not going to re-up with NE unless promised to start.

I have no opinion on the likelihood of Garappolo playing for Brady.  Arguably, the last 4 weeks the former has played better than the latter, but they're playing on different offenses throwing to different players.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

Completely disagree, but the notion of Jimmy G riding the pine for 6 seasons would have never happened. He was gonna get bank and the Pats weren't gonna pay 2 QB's.

BUT, he's better right now. And believe it or not, I respect Tom Brady and don't really have animus towards him. Probably because I'm a Michigan guy. Consider him the greatest QB of all time. I watched him towards the end of last season and the zip just wasn't there. Now he's getting REALLY shaky behind the line because his body is telling his mind that he cannot absorb hits. It happens to everyone and it's happening to TB. 

Obviously this is a discussion of what would be happening now with NE if Garappolo was still a Patriot, fellas. 

IF he was still a Patriot, there is absolutely no way that yesterday morning, BB is benching Brady for Garappolo.

14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

BB is cuthroat. He has zero blanks to give about Brady's legacy and he's not an idiot. Very bright coach. He's gonna play the better QB. Unless you want to make the case that Brady is better than Jimmy G right now. Is that what you believe?

meh. It’s a bit of a tough point to argue. Would JG beat out Brady on the depth chart based solely on practice reps? 

not sure anyone would pull that trigger on the 2 seed in December. I’m sure they’d be interested based on his now much more extensive resume, but he wouldn’t have that.

1 hour ago, scribo said:

Pats*** fans taking this as a very bad sign...

Because he’s an insecure douchebag who still needs everyone to pay attention to him and still needs to play the ‘no one believes in me!’ card after a 20 year HOF career.

10 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Ever since that 56-10 beating the Bills took at home in 2007 by the Patriots, I've been wanting to see the Bills get a blowout victory against the Patriots in Foxboro. Hopefully that will finally come to fruition in a couple of weeks.

Actually, I would partee for 2 days with a score of 2-0, Bills.   So sweet.  TB would squeal off in his Lamborghini.  Go Bills!!

On 12/10/2019 at 9:46 AM, klos63 said:

Brady has to throw the ball away more now. Despite how great a shape he keeps himself, a 42 year old can't take the hits that a younger player can. Keep putting pressure up the middle on him and you can beat him.

He's the best to ever do exactly that. Throws it in the dirt or goes down if he see shadows. Arguably it's what makes him the GOAT.. having the longevity and whatnot. I'm not sure I'd want to tell the master about the risks rewards of when to throw the football.

He's just super old. Could have happened when he was 40 or 50, he was gonna have a decline no matter how much he's avoiding hits. He's still trying to win ball games.

Brady literally drops down to the ground the second pressure gets anywhere near him...

He's got a busted up elbow and a foot injury. 

Let's get them a 4th loss when we play them, then they lose out on a bye if KC wins out. Plus they will need to play all 17 weeks. No resting starters. No week off to heal. 

And on top of all that, they will likely draw the 6th seed team in the Wild Card round, which this year could very well be the physical Titans team. The Titans will tune them up a bit, and IF they get through that one, it's on the road to KC or Baltimore. 

• Like (+1) 1