The Patriots Have a Tom Brady Problem

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Soo many  of the throws Wentz made last night were screens 1 yard behind the LoS. Philly runs more screens than any NFL team

I saw maybe 3-5 balls all night travel over 15 - 20 yards

Wentz was good but he threw over a dozen screens , the bills probably don't even have a dozen screens all year

He threw a beautiful third-down deep ball late in the the game into the EZ that should have been caught, and on the final drive hit two relatively deep throws (to Arcega-Whiteside and Goedert). He also hit Ertz deep a couple of times on their FG drive in the second quarter.

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He threw a beautiful third-down deep ball late in the the game into the EZ that should have been caught, and on the final drive hit two relatively deep throws (to Arcega-Whiteside and Goedert). He also hit Ertz deep a couple of times on their FG drive in the second quarter.

Like I said about 5 balls 15-20 yards downfield. That throw to Whiteside was 22 yards. Allen makes 20 yard strikes all the time and nobody thinks they are deep balls

He threw some good balls but I'm not super impressed watching Wentz all season. I don't think he has raised his game much since he came in

He literally throws 15+ screens a game and they usually all pop for good yardage

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Like I said about 5 balls 15-20 yards downfield. That throw to Whiteside was 22 yards. Allen makes 20 yard strikes all the time and nobody thinks they are deep balls

He threw some good balls but I'm not super impressed watching Wentz all season. I don't think he has raised his game much since he came in

He literally throws 15+ screens a game and they usually all pop for good yardage

He's not having a great season, but he is having a good season. He played well against Miami too. They had no business losing that game, which was all on the defense. 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

He's not having a great season, but he is having a good season. He played well against Miami too. They had no business losing that game, which was all on the defense. 

I think he needs to use his legs more .. i know he tore his ACL but he was so mobile

Belichick jettisons players before they hit their peak. The one exception is Brady. Brady is past his peak and his still around. Why? The great Garoppolo was standing in the wings ready to go.

I believe Brady is still around because Kraft made him untouchable. I believe Belichick was ready to move on from the Brady era and into the Garoppolo era last season. But Kraft stepped in and made Brady untouchable which forced Belichick into a trade with SFO.

Some reports from the period painted Brady as very insecure about Garoppolo---and suggest that Brady lobbied Kraft to get Garoppolo traded. Believable.

Yes. The Patsies do have a Tom Brady problem, and it's their own fault.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, boater said:

Belichick jettisons players before they hit their peak. The one exception is Brady. Brady is past his peak and his still around. Why? The great Garoppolo was standing in the wings ready to go.

I believe Brady is still around because Kraft made him untouchable. I believe Belichick was ready to move on from the Brady era and into the Garoppolo era last season. But Kraft stepped in and made Brady untouchable which forced Belichick into a trade with SFO.

Some reports from the period painted Brady as very insecure about Garoppolo---and suggest that Brady lobbied Kraft to get Garoppolo traded. Believable.

Yes. The Patsies do have a Tom Brady problem, and it's their own fault.

Exactly. It would have been tough to do, but the right move would’ve been to hand the keys to Jimmy G 3 years ago. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that Stidham is not some kind of franchise QB in waiting. If he’s just a guy, the Pats may be well and truly screwed for the next few seasons, by which time Belichick will be gone too. 

I dislike Brady as much as the next guy, but the tape says otherwise.   He can still make every throw, including the deep out.  He can still drop them in the bucket 40 yards down field.  He's still....very much dangerous. 

The real problem is Edelman is the only real threat.  No Gordon, no Gronk, no AB, and a rookie who was hurt most of the year.  

His mobility has always sucked, but his pocket presence is still there as well as pocket movements...albeit slower than it once was. 

Here's his tape...there is nothing wrong with his arm. 

Throwing it away is the smart thing to do when recievers aren't open, especially when the defense is playing as well as they are. 

8 hours ago, Dopey said:

I am glad a downfall appears to be on the horizon, but I'm seeing terrible offensive personnel as the biggest issue. Gronk is gone, the oline is really banged up and a below avg group of wrs. Sure, Brady is 42 and on the decline, but if he still had a Gronk type TE, a healthy oline, and even our WRs, they beat the Chiefs and probably the Texans. Ravens still smoke em.

Hey I heard from Pissed Fans that they got a great RT Bills dumped!

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

This would have been Jimmy G's 6th year on the bench, with a likely 7th coming next year. 

Since they drafted Jimmy G, NE has appeared in 4 SBs and won 2.  2 of those appearances the last 2 seasons since they traded him away. 

As stated above, unless Brady (whos is still running a top 10 scoring and passing offense on a 10-3 team) retires this off season, Garappolo would be siting indefinitely on the bench.  What would be the point of that?

I think Jimmy G would be playing RIGHT NOW if he were on the roster, but yes, they didn't have the option of retaining him and he wouldn't have taken over for Brady during the seasons you mention.

That being said, I would be SHOCKED if Brady came back for another season. Completely shocked.

46 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think Jimmy G would be playing RIGHT NOW if he were on the roster, but yes, they didn't have the option of retaining him and he wouldn't have taken over for Brady during the seasons you mention.

That being said, I would be SHOCKED if Brady came back for another season. Completely shocked.

Playing right now over Brady?  After sitting around on the bench for 6 years and with the team at 10-3....they would bench Brady for Garappolo??

The likelihood of this being true:  zero point zero.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Playing right now over Brady?  After sitting around on the bench for 6 years and with the team at 10-3....they would bench Brady for Garappolo??

The likelihood of this being true:  zero point zero.

BB is cuthroat. He has zero blanks to give about Brady's legacy and he's not an idiot. Very bright coach. He's gonna play the better QB. Unless you want to make the case that Brady is better than Jimmy G right now. Is that what you believe?

Edited by LSHMEAB