12 men on the field no call

umangatan

12 hours ago, fansince88 said:

You need to make a caption this with this photo! I got one but Im saving it till you do.

I love that he was so animated.  That MMA and wrestler came out in him.  Good for you McD.  The refs have to know he is not a person that normally does this in games (actually the first all year.)

12 hours ago, SomeDudeAtHome said:

It's me. I'll PM you my paypal

Brilliant user name. No one would’ve ever suspected based on that. 

12 hours ago, LB48 said:

Most of the NFL officials are now full-time.  A guy like Coleman makes $300,00 per year in salary.

I wonder if their bonus is based on the ‘right’ teams winning ? 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Something like that should be reviewable.  This takes away the subjective aspect.  You just count and if it's 12...it's a penalty.

It's reviewable if the defense might have had 12 guys.

Makes absolutely no sense you can't cast the same oversight on the offense as they huddle. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, fansince88 said:

You need to make a caption this with this photo! I got one but Im saving it till you do.

Not really a caption the photo  but, The name plate on the back of the refs shirt/jersey says it all... that "LJ" doesn't really mean line judge in this instance. Hmmmm...lol

15 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Take a look at the punt of Bojo's that we fielded on the fly.  Ball caught at the 8. Flag, personal foul. Ball at the 4 right?  Nope, ball is placed at the 6. Nobody notices.  Two yards, no big deal, right?  The defense held and that would have given the punter less room to work with.

Can anyone verify this?  All 22 anyone?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Something like that should be reviewable.  This takes away the subjective aspect.  You just count and if it's 12...it's a penalty.

They took a timeout and the play never happened. I wonder if there's a caveat in the rules that stipulate whether 12 men in the huddle can be a penalty in an instance where there's no play?

8 minutes ago, Unsavory Peterman said:

Can anyone verify this?  All 22 anyone?

I noticed this also. it was clearly marked down at the 8, then the "half the distance" penalty moved it to the 6.

It reminded me of the play against the Pats when John Brown got the ball down to the 1, and the refs placed it at the 2 for 1s and goal. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

They took a timeout and the play never happened. I wonder if there's a caveat in the rules that stipulate whether 12 men in the huddle can be a penalty in an instance where there's no play?

I noticed this also. it was clearly marked down at the 8, then the "half the distance" penalty moved it to the 6.

It reminded me of the play against the Pats when John Brown got the ball down to the 1, and the refs placed it at the 2 for 1s and goal. 

we already live in a fantasy world where we rely on the marking of the ball and then bring chains out to measure within half an inch