12 men on the field no call

umangatan

Sorry if this a repeat post but I looked back three pages and didn’t see this topic... How is it even possible in this day and age for an offense to have twelve men on the field without it being called? That’s a clear cut penalty and could have been game changing. Did I miss something? I am So sick of part time amatures reffing professional games. I know there were other calls that helped and hurt us but imo this was an egregious transgression on the league’s part....

Edited by umang_a_desai

45 minutes ago, umang_a_desai said:

Sorry if this a repeat post but I looked back three pages and didn’t see this topic... How is it even possible in this day and age for an offense to have twelve men on the field without it being called? That’s a clear cut penalty and could have been game changing. Did I miss something? I am So sick of part time amatures reffing professional games. I know there were other calls that helped and hurt us but imo this was an egregious transgression on the league’s part....

Most of the NFL officials are now full-time.  A guy like Coleman makes $300,00 per year in salary.

I think one official is actually assigned to count the number of players on the field for the defense ans it is much more common for the defense to be guilty of that infraction.  It''s rare on offense, so I don't know if there are provisions to check for that specifically.

55 minutes ago, umang_a_desai said:

Take a look at the punt of Bojo's that we fielded on the fly.  Ball caught at the 8. Flag, personal foul. Ball at the 4 right?  Nope, ball is placed at the 6. Nobody notices.  Two yards, no big deal, right?  The defense held and that would have given the punter less room to work with.

• Like (+1) 2