Pittsburgh is going to be Fun

buffalosean

Agreed, the key is the Bills offense vs the Pitt defense.  I think Buffalo D will limit the Pitt O.  Special teams is also a big factor.  The Steelers have a number of scores on D and teams, can't let that happen.  

The Steelers lead in sacks and turnovers which seems like a good matchup against Allen who struggles against pressure, he needs to play well and limit mistakes in this game.

On 12/9/2019 at 9:07 PM, Rc2catch said:

He’s looked bad against a lot of inferior defenses too though. Philly Cleveland the opening game against the Jets weren’t exactly great. He did enough to win. And he’s improved a lot of stuff from last year. 
(1)Hes still missing wide open guys. (2)Can’t hit a deep ball. (3)Very inaccurate on short routes. (4)And still throwing some 100 mph fastballs when it’s not needed at all. (5)And he’s shown a real problem fumbling. 

I have no disagreement that he’s here for the duration of Beane and McDermott’s time. And I still have all the faith in the world he can deliver. But it’s concerning to see a lot of these issues showing up and even more concerning they show up in games they should be dominating on offense. Part of the reason we do not have the killer instinct to put teams away is his inability to have consistency. I don’t want to get into a big thing over it I might sound like a bit of a hater but I really don’t spew negatives a lot over him I just think as fans were getting a little ahead of ourselves on his progression so far and where he’s at. 

1. I have seen fewer and fewer examples of this. Are there specific plays from the Ravens game you saw this?

2. He's certainly struggling with the deep ball.

3. I'd need evidence of this too, he's been much better. Still needs to work on the fine accuracy, but he's not missing guys and I don't think "very inaccurate" is even close to what his short area accuracy currently is.

4. He's gotten a lot better about that, would love to have some examples. 

5. He's gotten a lot better about that too. The fumble against the Ravens was when he got hammered in the pocket, it happens. 

Anyone saying they aren't nervous about this game is on some quality prescription drugs. 

Edited by elroy16
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

1. I have seen fewer and fewer examples of this. Are there specific plays from the Ravens game you saw this?

2. He's certainly struggling with the deep ball.

3. I'd need evidence of this too, he's been much better. Still needs to work on the fine accuracy, but he's not missing guys and I don't think "very inaccurate" is even close to what his short area accuracy currently is.

4. He's gotten a lot better about that, would love to have some examples. 

5. He's gotten a lot better about that too. The fumble against the Ravens was when he got hammered in the pocket, it happens. 

Anyone saying they aren't nervous about this game is on some quality prescription drugs. 

This was just basic observations over the season. I’ll generalize against the Ravens though. He missed a ton of throws. And his receivers missed some of his good throws. 
The obvious short throw to maybe John brown where he threw it 8 feet over his head was the easiest of throws. 
A screen to singletary he threw it before the play had any chance of developing. And he did have a little more time on that play to let it develop. 
The screen to the outside singletary dropped was super low. That’s on both of them. 

The obvious missed deep balls the first 3 drives. 
I mean seriously you need examples of this? 
Simple short throws are missed every game almost. Mostly low or high, he rarely hits a guy in stride and allows them to run after the catch which is basic quarterbacking. 
He almost never hits his check down or even looks for it he forces things 15-30 yards down the field which are much harder throws and it can be kind of maddening when we’re 3rd and 3 or something and singletary is in the flat and can run after the catch and obviously we know he can make a defender or two miss. It’s a simple swing pass every quarterback in the league makes routinely multiple times a game. 

Im not here to dog the guy out or bust him in year 2. Just saying he’s nowhere near what we make him out to be. He has gotten better in some areas but there’s a really really long way to go. Part of the reason the offense stumbles even against weaker opponents is Allen’s inability to stay in a rhythm and complete basic simple throws. Every week in the game day thread it’s mentioned and sometimes argued over if it’s a bad Allen throw. 

Edited by Rc2catch

9 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

So you’re blaming Daboll for Josh not being able to hit those throws that are there to be made?

No, I'd like to see Allen hit at least 2 of those throws he missed.  But I don't blame Allen for the rest of the offense not being prepared. I also don't blame him for the game plan not working against most defenses this year. 

Do you blame Allen for all the ridiculous 2nd down runs that were for a loss?

• Like (+1) 1