Pittsburgh is going to be Fun

buffalosean

2 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I really hoping you’re not suggesting Allen needs to improve or he is on the hot seat. Allen isn’t going anywhere any time soon. And how quickly people forget the past three games before the Ravens game. Smh. 

I wouldn’t think he’s on the hot seat at all. Dallas game he was near perfect but it’s not like Denver and Washington the offense was exactly on point. He’s been erratic his entire career and it should concern all of us some of his issues. Is he a leader of men? Yeah. Is he pretty clutch in the 4th? Yeah. Is the sky the limit? Sure is at this point. But I think there’s a little too much hype around here on his current state as a quarterback. I’ve referenced before but Allen’s good games we hype up is on par with Gardner Minshews good games and he has much less to work with on offense. Josh is making good strides for being “raw” but his bad is really really bad. 

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I wouldn’t think he’s on the hot seat at all. Dallas game he was near perfect but it’s not like Denver and Washington the offense was exactly on point. He’s been erratic his entire career and it should concern all of us some of his issues. Is he a leader of men? Yeah. Is he pretty clutch in the 4th? Yeah. Is the sky the limit? Sure is at this point. But I think there’s a little too much hype around here on his current state as a quarterback. I’ve referenced before but Allen’s good games we hype up is on par with Gardner Minshews good games and he has much less to work with on offense. Josh is making good strides for being “raw” but his bad is really really bad. 

Is it?  I’m not so sure about that. NE and Baltimore have made good QBs look silly all year. That’s what great defenses do. 

And yes, there are many fans that think Allen will get next year to prove himself. IMO, he’s already proven himself. He’s this regime’s guy and will get his rookie deal at minimum. If guys like Tannehill (in Miami), Mariota, and Winston can get that long, Allen sure as heck will. 

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Is it?  I’m not so sure about that. NE and Baltimore have made good QBs look silly all year. That’s what great defenses do. 

And yes, there are many fans that think Allen will get next year to prove himself. IMO, he’s already proven himself. He’s this regime’s guy and will get his rookie deal at minimum. If guys like Tannehill (in Miami), Mariota, and Winston can get that long, Allen sure as heck will. 

He’s looked bad against a lot of inferior defenses too though. Philly Cleveland the opening game against the Jets weren’t exactly great. He did enough to win. And he’s improved a lot of stuff from last year. 
Hes still missing wide open guys. Can’t hit a deep ball. Very inaccurate on short routes. And still throwing some 100 mph fastballs when it’s not needed at all. And he’s shown a real problem fumbling. 

I have no disagreement that he’s here for the duration of Beane and McDermott’s time. And I still have all the faith in the world he can deliver. But it’s concerning to see a lot of these issues showing up and even more concerning they show up in games they should be dominating on offense. Part of the reason we do not have the killer instinct to put teams away is his inability to have consistency. I don’t want to get into a big thing over it I might sound like a bit of a hater but I really don’t spew negatives a lot over him I just think as fans were getting a little ahead of ourselves on his progression so far and where he’s at. 

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

I'm nervous because I think Daboll again is at a disadvantage from a coaching acumen perspective.  We will be facing a very well coached team. 

I think as in most of our games, our defense will perform and expose inexperience.  

If our QB could sit some of those deeper shots against 0 coverage people would be calling Daboll a genius.  The plays are there to make Josh just hasn’t made the throws.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Couple of big differences. Since Marcus Peters that defense for Baltimore has been lights out. They can in blitzing 48% of the time cause they have 3 number 1 corner backs. They allowed 13 ppg. Secondly, the offensive game plan had to be more aggressive to counter Baltimore’s offense.

We don’t need to do that, they can be more conservative and focus on the run/play action more. I expect a similar offensive effort to when we played Tennessee. That will be good enough 

if you think scoring 14 points will be good enough I got bad news for you lol 

the only reason we won the titans game was bc Mariota was starting. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

If our QB could sit some of those deeper shots against 0 coverage people would be calling Daboll a genius.  The plays are there to make Josh just hasn’t made the throws.  

Disagree.  I think even in the wins Daboll has gotten his share of criticism and rightfully so. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Wrong. The Broncos and Cowboys have defenses in the top ten or just outside it. 

Bottom line is Allen will never get the benefit of the doubt from some of you because you already had your minds made up the second they called his name on draft night. 

I’m not gonna lie, I was all for Rosen draft night and was quite upset when we took JA (what a moron I am) and Josh has made a Billiever outta me. Kid is a winner and i’m glad to have him on our team! 

He has bad games and learns from them. He shows growth after each mistake and I love that, he clearly has the smarts and attitude to keep this team in contention for years to come! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

22 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Just don't  tell J.A that or he will CHOKE!! He is 0-4 this year in huge games.

Was the Dallas game not huge? Opening day?

And I’m not sure I could say the Eagles game was huge?

But “huge” is a subjective term.

On 12/9/2019 at 6:00 PM, buffalosean said:

Just watched the highlights of the Arizona game.  I think our defense will have a very good day.  Josh needs to be crisp and run when he has too.  Steelers return team looked good on that TD.  They are going to come out aggressive.  This is going to be a great game to watch!!  Cannot wait.

Link to youtube video.

Watching the hi-lights of one game is really a sound basis for expert analysis.  Thank you so much. 

On 12/9/2019 at 7:15 PM, ALLEN1QB said:

You're trying too hard.  But on a positive note, you're failing at the same rate!!  Keep up the crusade!

On 12/9/2019 at 7:15 PM, ALLEN1QB said:

Just curious why you decided to go with an avatar name of a guy you hold in such high regard? Was “wrong josh” already taken? :D

on a side note, and totally off topic, but what did you think about his performance under the bright lights of Jerry’s World? 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Awesome! (+1) 2