Baldy’s breakdowns: Brian Baldinger has very high praise for the Bills defense in his latest game breakdown

BillsFan4

4 minute segment. Good stuff! 

I was legitimately curious to see if our coaching staff could devise a game plan to slow down the Ravens (something even Belichick struggled to do), and I’m happy to say that they did it! 

I was very impressed by the Hills defense on Sunday. It’s a shame the offense couldn’t do more because that game was there for the taking. 

Even though we lost, this game left me feeling like the Bills are truly close to being a true playoff contender. And they have tons of cap space this offseason to continue to improve the team. 

Its impressive that they’re where they're at with $25M in cap space to spare this season and $90+M next season. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

About the cap space, it's going to evaporate quickly when we look to resign or extend players like Milano, Shaq, Phillips, Tre, Spain, Feliciano etc. I guess I'm saying that anyone that believes we're going to sign high profile free agents in the off season will probably be mistaken. I don't see it happening. We're in the draft, develop and retain phase. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Im sorry but I can't read or listen to any praise about our defense right now. I HATE when a great defensive effort is wasted. It really boils my blood. Was it Tyrod in the playoffs bad? No but its too damn close to the playoffs for this offensive futility crap. I could accept it if it were some great defensive effort by the Ravens but we BEAT OURSELVES. Singletary was getting over 5 yards a carry (and is #3 in the league in YPC btw) SO WHY THE HELL IS JOSH PASSING 39 TIMES WHEN HE IS CLEARLY HAVING AN OFF DAY.

Geez I gotta sign back off....I havent calmed down enough for this. Cant even watch sports shows for the next 2-3 days...smh

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Im sorry but I can't read or listen to any praise about our defense right now. I HATE when a great defensive effort is wasted. It really boils my blood. Was it Tyrod in the playoffs bad? No but its too damn close to the playoffs for this offensive futility crap. I could accept it if it were some great defensive effort by the Ravens but we BEAT OURSELVES. Singletary was getting over 5 yards a carry (and is #3 in the league in YPC btw) SO WHY THE HELL IS JOSH PASSING 39 TIMES WHEN HE IS CLEARLY HAVING AN OFF DAY.

Geez I gotta sign back off....I havent calmed down enough for this. Cant even watch sports shows for the next 2-3 days...smh

we all feel your pain but it will pass if the Bills beat the Squeelers Sunday

1 hour ago, Jamie Nails said:

About the cap space, it's going to evaporate quickly when we look to resign or extend players like Milano, Shaq, Phillips, Tre, Spain, Feliciano etc. I guess I'm saying that anyone that believes we're going to sign high profile free agents in the off season will probably be mistaken. I don't see it happening. We're in the draft, develop and retain phase. 

You know, I wouldn't mind getting to a place where instead of signing other free agents, that it is our guys going elsewhere and that we can start getting comp picks as extra ammo for Beane to move up and down the draft as he pleases.

Tremaine at the 1:10 and 2:48 marks.... THAT'S what we need.... hell of a way to man up in the hole

Hyde at 2:18 mark.... strafe and play cut back on Lamar after Shaq played that absolutely perfectly... wow

Edited by warrior9
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jamie Nails said:

Not that fast. They will have room.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Not that fast. They will have room.

They will have room. But they don't have the tendency. Build through the draft and fill in the gaps with low- to medium-priced FAs is what they want to do and what the teams that win consistently in the NFL do.

More, "they have room" is the worst argument around. It's like the guy who says, "Why don't we buy it? We have the money." The one thing you know about him is that very soon, he won't.

10 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

They will have room. But they don't have the tendency. Build through the draft and fill in the gaps with low- to medium-priced FAs is what they want to do and what the teams that win consistently in the NFL do.

More, "they have room" is the worst argument around. It's like the guy who says, "Why don't we buy it? We have the money." The one thing you know about him is that very soon, he won't.

Gotta spend wisely...like they did with Morse....made him the highest paid center in the NFL but he was worth it.

4 hours ago, fansince88 said:

All I can picture is a guy with a huge bald head with a name like Brain Baldinger

Are you saying you don't know what he looks like????

All most of us can picture when we here the name "Brian Baldinger" is a severely mangled finger from too much time in the NFL trenches.

4 hours ago, StHustle said:

SO WHY THE HELL IS JOSH PASSING 39 TIMES WHEN HE IS CLEARLY HAVING AN OFF DAY.

Because the Bills OL is only mediocre this season and they had zero chance to dictate the game on the ground?

They are massively improved from last year, when they were arguably the worst in the NFL (the argument coming from Cardinals fans).  We also FINALLY fired the worst OL coach we've had in years.

But the upgrades got them to average - not good or great.  We were losing at the line of scrimmage all game - can't run with that.

Edited by BobChalmers

16 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Are you saying you don't know what he looks like????

All most of us can picture when we here the name "Brian Baldinger" is a severely mangled finger from too much time in the NFL trenches.

Because the Bills OL is only mediocre this season and they had zero chance to dictate the game on the ground?

They are massively improved from last year, when they were arguably the worst in the NFL (the argument coming from Cardinals fans).  We also FINALLY fired the worst OL coach we've had in years.

But the upgrades got them to average - not good or great.  We were losing at the line of scrimmage all game - can't run with that.

Op typed Brain not Brian. Read dont assume. Op has just now fixed.

Edited by fansince88

4 hours ago, Jamie Nails said:

I'm actually pretty good with this - it never works when teams bring in a bunch of high-profile FAs.  Find one or two that can make a difference and fit the culture and bring them in to add to our homegrown (and home retained) talent.  :beer:

5 hours ago, BobChalmers said:

What are you talking about? Are you confusing run blocking with pass blocking? The Bills are a top 5 rushing team and Singlatary is top 3 YPC.  Baltimore leads the league in rushing BY A LONG SHOT and we held Ingram to 3.3 ypc and Jackson to 3.6. SINGLETARY HAD 5.2 YPC! THEY COULD NOT STOP HIM. I don't care if you run the same 2-3 plays over and over, until they can show they can stop it KEEP RUNNING! 39 Passes in a close game where you are averaging over 5 ypc is inexcusable.

Would have been even better without the sack fumble and poor punt that gave the Ravens short fields. Can't blame them for those.

The only thing the defense probably wants back is that long TD to the TE.