Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

You know their desperate when they have to cheat the week they play the 1 win Bungles 

This was my thought.

like seriously? The Bengals? I can’t wait to watch the ‘kick the Pats butt’ tour to officially begin. Teams are going to love beating the Pats and running  up the score. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It is legal to scout teams signals, tendencies, etc. It is not legal to to record, videotape, or use any technology to do so.  That’s the difference. 

Or turning it into a Bletchley Park operation that employed multiple people, databases, special communications, etc.  Excerpt from Wikipedia:

2015 ESPN report[edit]

In a report for ESPN, Don Van Natta Jr. and Seth Wickersham contend that commissioner Roger Goodell's handling of Deflategate was influenced by his hasty and incomplete handling of the Spygate incident.[4] Van Natta Jr. and Wickersham argue that the true extent of the Spygate scandal was covered up by Goodell and the National Football League in order to protect the image of the NFL and as a favor to New England Patriots' owner Robert Kraft, who was in part responsible for Goodell's promotion to commissioner.[4] The report alleges a highly complex system in which opposing teams' signals were recorded, decoded, and relayed to Patriots coaches and players on the field during games spanning at least 40 games between 2000 and 2007.[4]. This system also included a personal assistant to Bellichick who had a photographic memory and had the official title "Football Research Director", the only person with such a title in the NFL, he told congress stories about sneaking behind opponents benches and filming their huddles. According to the article a scout team would go out to future Patriot opponents and film signs and plays. They would then make a spreadsheet of all the signs and corresponding plays, Patriot staffers would then hand off the spreadsheets to the "football Research Director" who would match signals to the plays. The Patriots would also sometimes bring in former players of the team they were playing ask them if they accurately had recorded the signals, they would later cut the player.[4]

The article goes on to quote a former Patriots assistant as saying "things got out of control," in reference to the entire system of covert taping and signal decoding.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

How is it possible teams are still using hand signals??

Maybe to communicate within the 15 seconds of the play clock when the radio comm goes silent?

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol they had permission from the Browns have the videographer up there.. The HOME team knew he was there and somehow this fell threw the cracks of communication.. the fact they turned over the video so quickly pretty much makes the story dead..  

I'm sure they turned over everything....

Ahhhhh, the Pats******, those dastardly, dastardly Pats******. It's bad enough you will be facing the worst team in the NFL, with only one victory to their name this season, but you have to video tape play calls the week before you face them to get a leg up on them? Pretty pathetic actually. This is how Tommy Boy is going out though, win it all or get caught cheating while trying. 

33 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Already been solved I guess. Again just pointing out what I am reading in the rules. 

says can’t tape from Stands, Sidelines, etc. says nothing about Press Box. 

also says nothing about what they can or cannot Do in the two week scout window 

The Press Box is not a stand?