Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Is this a Bigger cheating scandal than Deflate Gate and the Spy Gate #1?????

I think is could be more Damning because it is basically the Patriots saying FU to the league we do what we want 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Shannon Sharpe just said on national TV that he has a very reliable source who says Spygate was at least 10x worse than what was reported

Of course it was.

They burned the tapes for a reason. 

This is an organizational failure that starts at the top. Bill Belichick should be banned from the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I was actually going to mention Edwards by name ? I truly have always though you could plug in any number of QBs in the same situation with the same results - although who knows if every one would have sold their soul to do it.  The way the whole Brady GOAT thing gets casually tossed around now drives me crazy

Maybe someone like say, Matt Cassel

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Of course it was.

This is an organizational failure that starts at the top. Bill Belichick should be banned from the NFL. 

That's always been the chatter surrounding Spygate, but I've never heard it repeated by a network anchor before (albeit hearsay)

Of course it was.

The top is Kraft. The NFL just needs to get rid of him. Goodell, Belichick, Brady will all be gone soon after.

7 minutes ago, wppete said:

Is this a Bigger cheating scandal than Deflate Gate and the Spy Gate #1?????

Its obviously not as big of a game as a super bowl or afc championship game. But its just the fact, they got in trouble for stuff like this before, yet still do it!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think is could be more Damning because it is basically the Patriots saying FU to the league we do what we want 

Isn’t that how Spygate started?  Mangini called him and said “I know what you do, just don’t do it to us”. Belichick gave him the old FU, did it anyway and Mangini turned him in. That’s the way I heard it from someone, maybe Peter King? 

Same thing with the league and Spygate. They punished them once with the understanding they would not do it again. Belichick took that as “not getting caught” again. FU to the league.  

The NFL can’t let that go unpunished, but they also can’t say “hey, guess what, the league HAS been rigged by a bunch of cheaters for the last two decades. Everything you know about us is tainted.” It’s a very difficult position to be in. Time for old Billy to “retire” and just go away. 

51 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

All you need to be convinced of the full-on damage control effort is to hear Peter King. He basically said that the league should sweep it under the rug and quick 

Yea I heard it, it was pretty embarrassing. It’s like why do any sort of investigation that could prove foul play let’s just say they didn’t do it again and move on. 

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

That's always been the chatter surrounding Spygate, but I've never heard it repeated by a network anchor before (albeit hearsay)

I remember hearing players talk about how the Pats would audible into plays to defeat specific blitz packages after Spy Gate. That the Pats knew exactly what was coming. 

This looks and feels like a repeat, working the system to allow a film crew access to see the Pats next opponent play. If it was for a documentary you'd think they'd only be filming the Pats. 

The whole thing wreaks like you know what. 

The most ridiculous thing is Belichick saying in an interview that post 2007 they don't push the line as much as they did before, as if they were cheating in a bunch ways until they got caught, and then had to reestablish how they'd push the rules since. 

Edited by jrober38

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Shannon Sharpe just said on national TV that he has a very reliable source who says Spygate was at least 10x worse than what was reported

This is old news, the nfl destroyed the tapes and swept it under the rug because they didn’t want to go back and do anything. 

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The top is Kraft. The NFL just needs to get rid of him. Goodell, Belichick, Brady will all be gone soon after.

It would be unprecedented for the NFL to remove an owner.

This could happen in the NBA where they actually give a damn about their image, but the NFL is hell bent on protecting its owners. 

It would be unprecedented for the NFL to remove an owner.

This could happen in the NBA where they actually give a damn about their image, but the NFL is hell bent on protecting its owners. 

they should tell Bill. You retire or face the indefinite suspension. Which kills his legacy. Bill will Retire and ride into sunset. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

they should tell Bill. You retire or face the indefinite suspension. Which kills his legacy. Bill will Retire and ride into sunset. 

That's not enough.

The NFL needs to send a message or else it happens again.

The slap on the wrist punishment never helps anything long term.