Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

according to all the articles written during SpyGate. Where it crossed the line is when it was being done during the active game and audio piped into the offensive Box. 

there is nothing in the rules saying while in the two weeks before a game you cannot video the sidelines from the pressbox. 

I think this is much to do about nothing. 

Then why would the league even bother with an investigation?

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Then why would the league even bother with an investigation?

Already been solved I guess. Again just pointing out what I am reading in the rules. 

says can’t tape from Stands, Sidelines, etc. says nothing about Press Box. 

also says nothing about what they can or cannot Do in the two week scout window 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

according to all the articles written during SpyGate. Where it crossed the line is when it was being done during the active game and audio piped into the offensive Box. 

there is nothing in the rules saying while in the two weeks before a game you cannot video the sidelines from the pressbox. 

I think this is much to do about nothing. 

Link to any more of the articles that say this? I’ve not seen anything that indicates that “when” it’s done makes a difference. Everything says videotaping is against the rules. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Link to any more of the articles that say this? I’ve not seen anything that indicates that “when” it’s done makes a difference. Everything says videotaping is against the rules. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=sando_mike&id=3017542

there is one

another

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/08/tony-dungy-on-stealing-signals-its-been-done-legally-for-years/amp/

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They both say no videotaping is allowed

On the Sidelines. 

again NOTHING in the rule book about from the Pressbox where the advance Scouts are allowed to sit two weeks before the game. 

that is how the rule reads. You cannot video from certain areas. Nothing in the rules about the advance scouts from the press box. 

that was the SpyGate problem they were videoing from the sideline with a high powered mic and piping it into the offensive booth

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

On the Sidelines. 

again NOTHING in the rule book about from the Pressbox where the advance Scouts are allowed to sit two weeks before the game 

Just curious as to why you are even attempting to defend the Cheats on a Bills fan-board?

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Just curious as to why you are even attempting to defend the Cheats on a Bills fan-board?

not defending them. Pointing out that the NFL rules on this situation is well not defined. A lot of ambiguity in their rules 

Edited by MAJBobby