Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

I agree. It is the same exact cover story they laid down before. Wow.

it’s still a bit odd to me they’d lay tape for 7 other segments just to set up the bengals for this. That’s high level commitment for low level gains. 

why not run this scam for a bigger game, no?

not so much a defense as a curiousity

Thing is if all this is true, and I believe it is, there is no way I see the NFL revealing the truth. You’re talking about tainting the biggest dynasty the sport has seen. Belichick, Brady, and Kraft are faces of the NFL. They tried and largely succeeded at sweeping the original spygate under the rug. 

Other owners will probably go along with any cover up because if fans tune out because they think teams are cheating it will devalue their franchises. 

Now with gambling becoming legalized everywhere they can’t have a league mired in a cheating scandal. 

I mean, they actually admitted they did it.  We all know the tape exists.  And, based on reports, they filmed the entire first quarter AFTER the "interview" was completed before they got caught.  And when they did get caught, asked to delete the video immediately.

This time we want to actually see the tape before it's destroyed, NFL......

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I’m anxious to see the actual video. If they are blatantly filming the sideline then I won’t buy this excuse. But if it truly looks incidental then this will be more believable. Regardless, it’s a pretty terrible look for a franchise already busted for something similar. 

This really is so cut and dry. If the film is zoomed in on coaches' hands, or something like that, obviously it's serious. If it's random ass film, combined with the fact that this is an independent contractor doing work for Kraft Productions, it's a nothing burger.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

it’s still a bit odd to me they’d lay tape for 7 other segments just to set up the bengals for this. That’s high level commitment for low level gains. 

This would only lead me to believe that they did this for every game this year. Cheating is a compulsion. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I mean, they did admit to wrong doing sooooo...

i think the tape will tell the story. If it’s zoomed in on a play caller long term it’ll be different than an occasional action shot towards the field.

Then why did camera man ask to destroy the film and ask to just forget about it?

Because it's about Zach Taylor and the McVay tree

Intelligence gathering for the Adams info vault

Some game in 2022 we'll all hear about how Belichick knew Taylor's tendencies in some obscure situation and had his defense ready

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

We didn’t just cheat this week....we cheat EVERY week! 

Great defense! 

Give Belichick a year off. They won’t want the scandal, but if it’s warranted.......

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

We didn’t just cheat this week....we cheat EVERY week! 

Great defense! 

Give Belichick a year off. They won’t want the scandal, but if it’s warranted.......

yea but I linked them earlier and many have nothing to do with game day or the field. It’d be rather elaborate to create a whole series months ago with the payoff being bengals scout tape. 

again, not defending, just noting it’s odd 

48 minutes ago, peterpan said:

These guys have cheated multiple times for 20 years. Including 6 super bowl wins.  How many AFC championship games? Like 17?? 

How did their cheating affect the Rams dynasty?  Jake Delhommes earning potential post football?  Donovan McNabb?!?!  The Falcons...that loss may keep Matt Ryan out of the HOF.  On and on and on and THEY CHEATED THE WHOLE TIME!!!!

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE THEY GOT AEAY WITH IT?!?!!  These days you can buy lazers that you point at someone and you can hear everything they say.  Does anyone really think the Pats ARENT  doing that?!?! And haven't been for years?!?!  THEY HAVE!!!! They talk to Brady in his helmet!!!!

And you guys think one draft pick or one year suspension is enough? WHAT?!?!?!?

They need to be given the SMU treatment.  The death penalty.  The type of punishment that last for 40 years.  

They need to forfeit EVERY draft pick for multiple years.  They need to have their salary cap reduced by 20-30% at least.  They need coaches banned.  Forced sale of the team should not be off the table either.

It might seem like you're taking an extreme stance, but you're the most reasonable guy here IMO. 

If they have been cheating the entire time, this is by far the worst scandal in the history of sports. Hundreds of heads go roll, including everyone that has been in the know and protecting them. 

12 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

You don't see it yet? The entire series is a front to spy on teams. They were filming both teams in every game they were at, when those teams least expected it. 

yea but I linked them earlier and many have nothing to do with game day or the field. It’d be rather elaborate to create a whole series months ago with the payoff being bengals scout tape. 

again, not defending, just noting it’s odd 

Maybe I misunderstand, but all you can see is what they post for you to see. Billy B sees everything they record, which is the real payoff. They are not there for their puff media piece. They cheat and found a way to get in to do so. Caught cheating too many times for the benefit of my doubt. May or may not be true, but guilty is guilty, and they admitted to being guilty. 

13 minutes ago, Buffaloaf said:

Thing is if all this is true, and I believe it is, there is no way I see the NFL revealing the truth. You’re talking about tainting the biggest dynasty the sport has seen. Belichick, Brady, and Kraft are faces of the NFL. They tried and largely succeeded at sweeping the original spygate under the rug. 

Other owners will probably go along with any cover up because if fans tune out because they think teams are cheating it will devalue their franchises. 

Now with gambling becoming legalized everywhere they can’t have a league mired in a cheating scandal. 

Puts the recent news about the Cardinals DB Shaw in perspective, huh? "The NFL investigated and found no evidence he bet on any Cardinals games". 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

https://www.patriots.com/video/do-your-job-equipment-staff

how many in the series really give the opportunity though?

Valid point. 

This behavior aligns perfectly with the 2015 article describing how they would develop cover stories for their videotaping though. I have no evidence but they could have created other cover stories for other teams. Maybe they only do this for teams with new coaching staffs? 

I have no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Augie said:

Maybe I misunderstand, but all you can see is what they post for you to see. Billy B sees everything they record, which is the real payoff. They are not there for their puff media piece. They cheat and found a way to get in to do so. Caught cheating too many times for the benefit of my doubt. May or may not be true, but guilty is guilty, and they admitted to being guilty. 

my point was if several of these were filmed in entirety at their own facility that it’d be an odd set up.

Again, not saying it means it’s untrue that they did it on purpose- just rather elaborate if planned. it could have easily been an honest series that happened across an opportunity....