Bengals accuse Pats employee of videotaping their play calls

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Are you saying the bags were left on the plane and never removed from plane? I had assumed they came off plane and flew on another. Obviously your way is possible as an accident but then the KC equipment person is likely already fired.

The story I read stated that there were high school games being played (I think on Saturday) when the plane arrived. For some reason there was no where to put the equipment when they arrived due to this, so they left it on the plane. Then the plane ended up leaving with the equipment on board.

11 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

This is what I keep waiting for to be asked. Is the scout (the guy so called being video'd) not part of football operations???

im not sure you’d expect the scout being filmed to also be clearing what are legal camera angles and if they crew are consistently following policy. 

he’s there to scout the game not police the filming 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

im not sure you’d expect the scout being filmed to also be clearing what are legal camera angles and if they crew are consistently following policy. 

He is part of football operations though. So Belichek's b.s. statement that the taping had nothing to do with football ops is a bold lie. You really dont think that Belichek knew anything about one of the members of the Patriot staff being filmed at work? That man has control of EVERYTHING going on there.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

How in the world does this thinking happen? If he is there with a camera in the booth he HAS to know what can be filmed and what can not be filmed. As a teacher I am required not only to know each students IEP but also every law and regulation related to their specific condition. 

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I don't know, I would think a Patriots scout of all people would be aware of what you can and can't film.

Edited by Warcodered

7 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

He is part of football operations though. So Belichek's b.s. statement that the taping had nothing to do with football ops is a bold lie. You really dont think that Belichek knew anything about one of the members of the Patriot staff being filmed at work? That man has control of EVERYTHING going on there.

Really arguing a meaningless point at that level. 

either they were filming for the scouting department and it was for football operations or they were filming for social media promotions and that a football employee was the subject doesn’t much matter in the realm of it being football ops. 

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know, I would think a Patriots scout of all people would be aware of what you can and can't film.

And if he’s doing his job watching the game he likely doesn’t know what each possible camera is filming at any given moment 

7 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

I have zero idea, but I wonder a lot. These guys have thought everything through completely, is my best guess. This was the same cover story they were to use last time. They guy reported he worked for Kraft, or Kraft Enterprises or something. Is that one layer further removed from Belichick to give him more insulation? I’m guessing yes. 

I’d love to see the tape, but I’d rather win the lottery. I’m skeptical either will ever happen. 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

How in the world does this thinking happen? If he is there with a camera in the booth he HAS to know what can be filmed and what can not be filmed. As a teacher I am required not only to know each students IEP but also every law and regulation related to their specific condition. 

right and I’d bet that he knew every player on the field and what he was allowed to do.

but that doesn’t mean you know what’s on the principals computer screen while he’s observing you, for instance.

theres enough red meat here that latching onto narratives like it being a scout involved as the subject doesn’t need to be important unless/until he’s somehow tied to nefarious behavior. In theory he’s watching the field doing his job. 

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Really arguing a meaningless point at that level. 

either they were filming for the scouting department and it was for football operations or they were filming for social media promotions and that a football employee was the subject doesn’t much matter in the realm of it being football ops. 

And if he’s doing his job watching the game he likely doesn’t know what each possible camera is filming at any given moment 

and apparently is also incapable of telling them what they can't/aren't allowed to film, I mean it's not like he scouts for a team that has gotten in serious trouble for that before.?‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

right and I’d bet that he knew every player on the field and what he was allowed to do.

but that doesn’t mean you know what’s on the principals computer screen while he’s observing you, for instance.

theres enough red meat here that latching onto narratives like it being a scout involved as the subject doesn’t need to be important unless/until he’s somehow tied to nefarious behavior. In theory he’s watching the field doing his job. 

If a student assistant was doing something illegal under my watch then I am responsible. If camera man is only one responsible for what he is filming the Pats need to tell him explicitly what is appropriate. To allow this to be chalked up to ignorance is unacceptable. This is not just because it is Pat's*, any team doing this needs to be punished, they get it worse because they are repeat offenders.

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

and apparently is also incapable of telling them what they can't/aren't allowed to film, I mean it's not like he scouts for a team that has gotten in serious trouble for that before.?‍♂️

Stop writing what I am writing while I am writing it- just with different emojis.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

that article details the reasons why so many people hate NE so much

Can you imagine American sports fans hating Mahomes and Reid if the Chiefs won 3 of the next 4 Super Bowls? Or if Peyton Manning had won a few more titles, would everyone have hated him and Dungy?

Of course not. It's the DOCUMENTED CHEATING combined with timely BS calls AND the "undisputable GOAT" talk that makes so many of us sick. 

[raises hand] I hate Manning and Dungy. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

If a student assistant was doing something illegal under my watch then I am responsible. If camera man is only one responsible for what he is filming the Pats need to tell him explicitly what is appropriate. To allow this to be chalked up to ignorance is unacceptable. This is not just because it is Pat's*, any team doing this needs to be punished, they get it worse because they are repeat offenders.

Stop writing what I am writing while I am writing it- just with different emojis.

right but again you aren’t using solid comparables. 

the assistant reports to you. The students are under your care.

the subject of a documentary film crew isn’t implicitly tasked with monitoring all camera angles at all times while also performing his actual job. The producer of the segment bears responsibility for his crew. 

If the crew is feeding film back to the pats it becomes a football ops issues.

I’m not saying the pats are not guilty. I’m saying some of you seem so worried that they will be found not guilty that you are coming up with relatively weak ways to try to seal off the exits instead of realizing the elephant in the room can’t fit out the door to escape anyway. Fighting to nail up a 2x4 to hold him in isn’t terribly effective.

ultimately, the tape will tell the story. It doesn’t matter if the subject was a scout, cheerleader, equipment guy, snow shoveler or accountant. The camera guy either was focused on sideline coaches making calls in a meaningful way or he was filming general B Roll around the stadium and field and only caught the coordinators in passing shots.

If the dude zoomed in on the OC all quarter like the bengals employee said the pats will get hit hard. It’d be almost impossible to explain a non-football ops reason to do that.

If he was 75% profile shots of the scout working, 20% catching some plays over the scouts shoulder to give a feel for the view he has and like 5% pans of the crowd and maybe 1-2 play calls thinking he was catching cool context shots- it probably won’t go anywhere beyond some fines 

• Like (+1) 2

Why are the same 3 or 4 Bills fan so vehemently playing devil's advocate for the Patriots? It's pretty obvious what's going on. I hope your intentions are pure, there's one guy earlier in this thread I'd bet money is a secret Pats fan. 

By the way, notice the clamp down on information since the NFL stepped in. No reports, no sources talking, nothing. Shadiness all around. 

Edited by ToGoGo
grammar
  • Like (+1) 1